+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help... why i find some locked quests ?

Soulwalker

Default please help... why i find some locked quests ?

hello everybody i need help. im very new on rift game so i want to know. why i find some quests that seem to be locked. i dont know if this is a normal thing and theyll be unlocked soon when im done with others quests

screenshot

http://prntscr.com/ecr5tb

but i have some friends that started the game with me the same day and they dont have this problem

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The screenshot you posted shows a quest that you're not high enough in level yet to pick up, so it might be a quest that starts at level 15 but you're only level 13, try checking back when you gain another level or two.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The screenshot you posted shows a quest that you're not high enough in level yet to pick up, so it might be a quest that starts at level 15 but you're only level 13, try checking back when you gain another level or two.
    thanks for your answer but just one more Q. some of my friends are lower level and they can pick up some of the quests that seem to be locked for me.
    Could it have to do with the female character ? i mean one of those friends have female character and maybe their Qs are diferent ? and thats why they can pick up those Qs being lower level than i?

thank you

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brihann View Post
    some of my friends are lower level and they can pick up some of the quests that seem to be locked for me.
    Could it have to do with the female character ?
    Nope, having a male or female char will make no difference, the only thing that will make a difference in the early levels will be if you're Guardian and your friend is Defiant, each have a different starter zone and the first two zones are quests only for each Faction.

Even later as both Factions quest together in the same zones, each story line and most quests are entirely different, at least up to level 50, after level 50 to 60 most of the quests will become the same with just a few different ones.

I'm afraid i can't think of another reason why your friend can pick up lower level quests except if they're early quests on the Cult Saga quests? Try and find out the names of the quests, i mostly play Guardian so not too familiar with Defiants side, especially their Death Saga quests, assuming you're Defiant.

Quote Originally Posted by brihann View Post
    thanks for your answer but just one more Q. some of my friends are lower level and they can pick up some of the quests that seem to be locked for me.
    The screenshot that you showed looks like it was from Silverwood College, am I right? I know there are several storyline quests there that require to be completed in a certain order. For instance, Scotty's storyline quest requires certain tasks to be completed before the next part of the quests can be picked up. Also there are some quest storylines that start in Sanctum ( the guardian capitol) and go through Silverwood College and other parts of Silverwood. Check back with the NPC after you have finished other quests that you have in your log book.

Thunder

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Nope, having a male or female char will make no difference, the only thing that will make a difference in the early levels will be if you're Guardian and your friend is Defiant, each have a different starter zone and the first two zones are quests only for each Faction.

Even later as both Factions quest together in the same zones, each story line and most quests are entirely different, at least up to level 50, after level 50 to 60 most of the quests will become the same with just a few different ones.

I'm afraid i can't think of another reason why your friend can pick up lower level quests except if they're early quests on the Cult Saga quests? Try and find out the names of the quests, i mostly play Guardian so not too familiar with Defiants side, especially their Death Saga quests, assuming you're Defiant.

thaks for your answer again..Resolved: those Qs are unlocked for me now. and i found out that the reason they were locked for me was that i had to finish a fishing garden glade's quest i had piked up 2 days ago before from this man

http://prntscr.com/ectkpj

fishing 10 false shark /10 blue widemouth

im not sure why this quest blocked the other quests in college
    because those quests in college dont have anything to do with the fishing quest (garden glade) i guess you have to finish certain quests that come by default and if you dont do it.. it will block some quests. thats the only one explanation i find. rare thing!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post
    The screenshot that you showed looks like it was from Silverwood College, am I right? I know there are several storyline quests there that require to be completed in a certain order. For instance, Scotty's storyline quest requires certain tasks to be completed before the next part of the quests can be picked up. Also there are some quest storylines that start in Sanctum ( the guardian capitol) and go through Silverwood College and other parts of Silverwood. Check back with the NPC after you have finished other quests that you have in your log book.

Thunder
    yeap youre right! this is exactly what i found out! and with your explanation I am clear about it.
    thanks for your time it helped me

thank you everyone

+ Reply to Thread