+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testing game to see if I want to come back...

Default Testing game to see if I want to come back...

...and apparently I had a free patron pass and level 40 boost I added in Christmas or so and never used?
    So that's awesome to come back to.

Anyways, I boosted a cleric and used one of the default builds (benefactor is what it's called I believe) and wondering how to get started with this character.

I want to ease back into the game rather than jump right into healing level 40 content, so I think I'll use the mentor system to level down and try instance runs and stuff like that.

Besides that where should I go if I want to quest or join others outside of instances at level 40?
    I'm a guardian at Port Scion Bay at the time of typing this so all the quests here are way below my level.

And while I'm asking is that default build okay to use in instance healing? (It's been so long I forget if they're still called dungeons if they aren't raids)

Welcome back to Rift! I would recommend giving Instant Adventures a try, they are great for relearning the game, getting some xp at any level, and trying out different roles like heals or dps or whatnot. You can access them with the period key on your keyboard and try them. There will likely be another healer or two in any group you're in (people can jump in and out of them at any time, thus "instant") so you won't have much pressure, especially in the regular ones.

There are also dungeons you can do with the i key, normal dungeons for your level, but because the IAs are so popular, the dungeon queues can take a while sometimes (though it's better as a healer, it will still be slow below max level, especially below 60).

Most of those default builds are fine for IAs, normal dungeons, and questing. When you get into higher level content such as expert dungeons or raids, you'll likely want to have more custom builds that are more suited and tuned to the content. But take your time and enjoy yourself leveling (or rush, if that's your thing!) as there's quite a bit to see depending how long you've been gone. When you do get to higher level stuff, or if you want to go ahead and read some to get an idea of how the specs work, there is the Cleric Guide Compendium which has the most recent builds, specs, and guides on how to play them listed there.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Welcome back to Rift! I would recommend giving Instant Adventures a try, they are great for relearning the game, getting some xp at any level, and trying out different roles like heals or dps or whatnot. You can access them with the period key on your keyboard and try them. There will likely be another healer or two in any group you're in (people can jump in and out of them at any time, thus "instant") so you won't have much pressure, especially in the regular ones.

There are also dungeons you can do with the i key, normal dungeons for your level, but because the IAs are so popular, the dungeon queues can take a while sometimes (though it's better as a healer, it will still be slow below max level, especially below 60).

Most of those default builds are fine for IAs, normal dungeons, and questing. When you get into higher level content such as expert dungeons or raids, you'll likely want to have more custom builds that are more suited and tuned to the content. But take your time and enjoy yourself leveling (or rush, if that's your thing!) as there's quite a bit to see depending how long you've been gone. When you do get to higher level stuff, or if you want to go ahead and read some to get an idea of how the specs work, there is the Cleric Guide Compendium which has the most recent builds, specs, and guides on how to play them listed there.
    Thank you very much for the tips!
    Above all else I like the idea of putting most of my points in Warden, so I'll check out the warden guide.
    Would the no-oracle build in this guide http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5287933 work well for casual stuff just as well as end game stuff I'd hope?
    I have a thing for heal-over-time playstyles.

Yeah the non-Oracle Warden build should work just fine. You'll just lose out a small bit of spell power and want to track Flame Lance instead of Wasting Insignia for a healing gain. Even at the highest currently available content (Queen's Foci siege, or as of next week, Tartaric Depths LFR) you'd be very capable with either build. If you like heal-over-time stuff, Warden is your jam. Learn how to play it well and it's very capable.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

+ Reply to Thread