+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rgizil

Thread: Returning Player Questions - New Account

Default Returning Player Questions - New Account

Hello there my fellow community, the name is Kyle, but my friends call me Fahey. I've decided to start this game up again, after a very long break or leave.

So I was hopping that all you ladies and gents out there, could take their time by answering a some questions.

"Questions"

1: What are some good money making professions (Skills)?.
    2: Can Defiant and Guardians, be in the same guild?.
    3: Is F2P side worth it or should I upgrade soon as possible?.
    4: If F2P is worth it, when should I consider upgrading?.
    5: What would be an easy class/soul to play, I like all playstyles?.
    6: What would be a good level to stop at, to try out classes/souls, if I chose to do so? (No 65 or End Game)
    7: Is it worth taking my time to level, to experience the lore, zones, ETC?
    8: Guardian or Defiant? (NOTE) I might go Guardian, as I never really truly had one before.
    9: What are some good ways to make money, without professions (Skills)?
    10: Any tips or tricks for me?

Thanks to everyone, for taking their time in answering my questions, I very much appreciated it.

P.S Free Hugs for everyone.

> 1: What are some good money making professions (Skills)?.
    The gathering skills (foraging, butchering, mining)

> 2: Can Defiant and Guardians, be in the same guild?.
    Yes, except on Seastone

> 3: Is F2P side worth it or should I upgrade soon as possible?.
    This is really up to you. I wouldn't immediately buy anything. Wait til you decide you want to stay to.

> 4: If F2P is worth it, when should I consider upgrading?.
    At the latest: Level 65. This is when you need to buy Starfall ($40) if you haven't already
    At the earliest: When you decide you want to stay; buy Essentials ($50). It's not Essential, but it's very nice.
    After you decide you like the game and have played for at least few days: review Patron and decide if the listed benefits are worth $10-$15/mo to you.

> 5: What would be an easy class/soul to play, I like all playstyles?.
    I don't really know how to answer "easy". Few buttons? Survivable? There are options for all callings, and you're not forced to play any pianos ever.

> 6: What would be a good level to stop at, to try out classes/souls, if I chose to do so? (No 65 or End Game)
    So many souls change styles between 58-65, that I'm going to say "Level 60"

> 7: Is it worth taking my time to level, to experience the lore, zones, ETC?
    Well, this is a theme park MMO. Do you want to go on all the rides? I would, my first time through. You don't have to, if you would prefer rushing to max and joining the capped playerbase.

> 8: Guardian or Defiant? (NOTE) I might go Guardian, as I never really truly had one before.
    Anything you want. Guardians drool though.

> 9: What are some good ways to make money, without professions (Skills)?
    Buying a REX for $10 and selling it ingame?
    Hunting rare Unstable artifacts

> 10: Any tips or tricks for me?
    For starters, play the game, don't worry too much about doing it optimally yet. Have fun, and later when you have experience, look up some guides and learn the specs, then get more experience and learn to play well.

Welcome back! I think now is a really good time to come back. We've got some big things (hopefully) around the corner with 4.1 and even more in the summer with 4.2!

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    I'd say any of the gathering skills. Fishing has always been good for me too, but I know that's not the most fun activity. The crafting professions can make a bit of coin when people need the gear, but I don't know if that's going to be as profitable in the future. Can't go wrong with gathering though!

Yup!

F2P is definitely worth it. Jump back in and try it out. Nothing is necessary to purchase until level 65, where you'll need to purchase the expansion. You can buy Rift Essentials if you absolutely must buy something, but I always encourage trying it out before making any big purchase.

5: What would be an easy class/soul to play, I like all playstyles?.
    6: What would be a good level to stop at, to try out classes/souls, if I chose to do so? (No 65 or End Game)
    All classes have a pretty good/easy solo spec that you can play for leveling. Check out each class forum page for guides. As far as when to stop - level 35-40 felt like a good place for me to really sit back and say "ok...what the heck am I doing?" when I was leveling my first character. The next spot after that might be level 50 when you head to Storm Legion area and then level 60.

8: Guardian or Defiant? (NOTE) I might go Guardian, as I never really truly had one before.
    Absolutely, take your time. There's so many ways to level, so never feel like you've got to do one particular way. Personally, I enjoyed questing, but I know it's not for everyone. If you get burnt out on an activity, just try a different one for a bit!

The best way to make plat (the in game currency) is just by doing what you enjoy. Dailies and crafting are my method, but it's not the most exciting for others. You likely won't be making as much until you hit the higher levels.

By biggest tip is just to have fun and don't burn yourself out on a certain activity. Reach out to the community if you have questions. They're always there to help! Usually!
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

- Butchering, Foraging, Fishing, Mining are best. Fishing has seen an increase of need lately.

- Yes, they can be in the same guild on ALL shards. Seastone (pvp shard) you can be in the same guild, you just cant whisper the other faction on seastone.

- Honestly you will probably want a month or 2 of patron for quicker leveling and extra currencies/notoriety

- Honestly, if you want to participate in end game, probably everything. You will need almost all the souls, the expansion, but the primalist pack is probably the most optional thing there.

-If you are just playing casually, you probably wont need all the souls, but I still recommend buying the expansion.

5: What would be an easy class/soul to play, I like all playstyles?
    - I'd argue that Cleric, Mage, or Rogue would be easiest. Class changes are coming soon so that may change but as of now all of them have fairly easy specs to play.

- Level 60 probably best. You have your entire soul tree, although 65 lets you get the masteries and at 70 legendries come into play which completely changes a lot of specs. I know you said no 65 or end game but there are substantial changes.

- meh, I personally don't think so, but that varies person to person.

- Honestly this is no longer the question, race is more important
    Bahmis and elves both have as their race skill wings that let you jump a short distance which is extremely useful for doing things in game or if you are trying to reach something. The other races are basically useless.

- None really.

- In all honesty get to max level as fast as you can. If you can find someone to power level you take it. Once you get to end game that game is significantly different and while you may enjoy it at a low level you may despise it at the end. Worst case scenario you make another toon and chill at the lower levels for awhile
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

+ Reply to Thread