+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible Return After Year Plus Absence

Smile Possible Return After Year Plus Absence

Hello,

Possibly returning to play Rift, I have two important (at least to me) questions:

1. What is the current state of the game/community in general?
    2. Which shard should I pick? I live on the US East Coast, open play hours and mainly solo player, but I do occasionally group. Favored class roles are dps and healing, I enjoy playing both pure and hybrid healers. I'm seeking a returning-player friendly guild/server/community. I also have zero interest in pvp or raiding.
    Last edited by nyterose1; 01-29-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyterose1 View Post
    Hello,

Possibly returning to play Rift, I have two important (at least to me) questions:

2. Which shard should I pick? I live on the US East Coast, open play hours and mainly solo player, but I do occasionally group. Favored class roles are dps and healing, I enjoy playing both pure and hybrid healers. I'm seeking a returning-player friendly guild/server/community. I also have zero interest in pvp or raiding.
    If you like Rift, you will probably still enjoy the game. They came out with 4.0 with some new zones and stories, but not really a lot of new content. I still enjoy the game however and I still believe that Trion will make some good things happen.

They created a new dungeon which is nothing but puzzles and was an awesome job! If you like puzzles, you might like this one.

If you are mostly a solo player, I think you will enjoy it, however to me, there are a lot more trolls now than before, but that is probably because people are waiting on new stuff to come out. I also dislike pvp (in any game or shape or form) so that is good news for you since nothing really new has come out other than some new gear items.

The best thing to do is to find a guild so you can hang out with people you like. I would say that Greybriar probably has the most guilds and the most raiders (I think), and faeblight I think has a few large guilds as does Hailol. But regardless which shard you pick, its up to you to try to find a guild so you can get some guild perks and possibly make some friends!

Enjoy!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by nyterose1 View Post
    Hello,

Are you really a returning or recent poster? It is fascinating that this kind of post comes up weekly, sometimes daily. It starts the exact same way and the body of the post goes about the same. As if some sort of compulsive thing. The language is nearly verbatim, the same. *Looks at post with side-eye* What is really going on here?

If you've been lurking the forums, you know the answer to both questions.
    Last edited by Sails; 01-31-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

+ Reply to Thread