+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Advice

Soulwalker

Default Need Advice

Greetings, I'm a new player and want too upgrade my gear. The npc in Alittu that looks like my next gear path uses Celestial Remnants, the IA's are really slow going trying to buy stuff at 10K a CR. I started going to zone events but notice the times I do them I am the only one in the zone. What else can I do to collect these remnant thingys?

You get one charge per day (capped at 1 if nonpatron, 7 if patron) for both warfronts and expert dungeons. Both of these activities will award Celestial Remnants while you have charges available. Additionally, zone events in the new zones award around 100+ CRs per event completion.

Shadowlander

Hi there! As Artewig said you can do the daily charge for both dungeons and warfronts. However, I've noticed the gear from the dungeons are better than the gear that you can buy with Celestial Remnants, so maybe you can save your remnants for things like the focus or synergy crystal(s) while using the gear from dungeons to upgrade your current gear. (Starfall Prophecy Expert gear is the current endgame gear btw.) Also, if you do the dailies in the new zones that'll give you a chunk of remnants as well.
    If you don't already have 2000 hit then I'd suggest finding and opening the 5 boxes in Ashenfell and then seeking the auction house, or the mini chrons in the new zone also help with gearing up. Or going to Tok's Proving Grounds, the first time you solve each puzzle you get a piece of gear that's equal to the gear from Ashenfell boxes. Also helps if you can craft your own gear. Hope this helps, have fun!
    May the frogue be with you.

The Celestial Remnant gear is "World Gear", so it is worse than Expert gear. The dropped gear in experts is the same gear (same stats, different name) as the store gear you can purchase for Tower Fragments.

at the moment, 99% of the gear for level 70 is 250 hit.. goes for green, blue and epic gear.

the biggest difference is found in the type and the stats..

there are 3 types of gear I've seen..

either with high main stat and lesser 2nd stat
    as in Int / Wis, Wis/Int, Str/Dex, Dex/Str

the other stat on the gear is endurance..
    There is gear with higher endurance and less int/wis or des/str

And there is gear in between.. with values in between the above mentioned gear...

You can recognize the gear by its name.. of the astronomer, of the robust, of the metaphysical... each calling has its own 3 types, indicating the higher main stat or the higher endurance

I'll give an example..
    mage ..trousers level 69 greens

trousers of the....... ineffable____stamina____astronomer

Intel...................... 794_______ 850 ______883
    Wis ..................... 746________ 683_______709
    End...................... 670_______ 670_______601

There is of course the crafted gear, which is currently rather good.
    The big boost you make on your gear is either as described above or from the planar fragments..

Also, the world events (fae yule is nearly done, but carnival will be around end of march)
    usually have the option to get one good piece of gear and/or one good essence.

With fortress siege a level 70 seal will be available..
    BIS gear is ongoing and in proces...

As for the remnants.. just go zone events.. mentor down for them.. use an event tracker.. rifteventtracker.com
    is one.. and do the necessary activities for the events, starting with highest level down to lowest level zones..
    and make sure you are at the necessary mentored down level when the events end to get full reward.
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-11-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Soulwalker

thanks all

Soulwalker

Hi, Where do you get Starfall Prophecy Expert gear (the current endgame gear) is it in drops or you buy them? If drops is it the regular quests or IAs or Chronicles?

+ Reply to Thread