+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi there

Soulwalker

Default Hi there

Ive played some time at early 2016, but i quit mainly because it was kinda chaotic (i was killing a giant rat at lvl 3 and the next moment i was in a raid killing a boss), that kinda break my inmersion. D:

But ill try to keep a self imposed challenge: dont move to the next area until all quest are finished, plus dont use portals to places ive never visited before (unless those are needed to complete a quest or are imperative to use)

wish me luck
    Last edited by Kharfax; 12-15-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Default One caution

Quote Originally Posted by Kharfax View Post
    Ive played some time at early 2016, but i quit mainly because it was kinda chaotic (i was killing a giant rat at lvl 3 and the next moment i was in a raid killing a boss), that kinda break my inmersion.
    It sounds like you signed up for an instant adventure. Those tend to be chaotic, and I'm sure that they don't appeal to everyone. (I enjoy them ... in small doses.)

Find ways to play the game that appeal to you, then stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharfax View Post
    But ill try to keep a self imposed challenge: dont move to the next area until all quest are finished,
    That may backfire. Based on my experience, you'll start out-leveling the area well before you complete the quests.

I sought out the quests that gave desirable rewards (like gear) and all of the story quests. That took me a fair way through the appropriate levels. I covered the rest of the XP gain for an area by doing whatever activities appealed to me (like some of the zone events).

So don't stick with your self-imposed challenge unless you find it to be fun.
    Last edited by Staccato; 12-16-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

Second what Staccato said.

Biggest initial "issue" with Rift is that there's just way too much to do! In no particular order:
    • Immersive story quests, quite well-written (variable), with some spectacular inconsistencies if you try to read and follow the lore;
    • Gathering, crafting;
    • PvP - player v. player in various settings;
    • Exploring, discovering hidden caches, puzzles, or collecting artifacts, or killing all the rare opponents in the world &c.;
    • Role-play with other people, dressing your toon appropriately and even voice-acting via 3rd party comm, if you're into that;
    • Dimensions - build your own house or amusement park...
    • Dungeons, raids &c
    • Developing your own builds -- becoming a theory-crafting guru and guide writer
    • general mayhem, rifts (yes, those too!), IA's, ...

You probably don't want to do all of that (few people would), but do try various things with an open mind. I believe leveling is a process, not a goal of it's own; there's a lot to do before endgame -- ymmv. If you are a social creature, then find a guild or group that (somewhat) matches your interests -- lots of people love to play this game while chatting in-character (RP), or just about daily stuff, even if most of the daily questing tends to be solo.

Good luck!

If you're on twitter look up @planarstudies. She sort of did the same thing you're doing. She's working her way through Nightmare Tide now.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread