+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ArcticGypsy
  • 1 Post By Isp

Thread: Time to spend some money

Soulwalker

Default Time to spend some money

Well, I think the time has come to spend some money on this game that I have really enjoyed for the past two months. But I have a few questions before I decide anything..

First, concerning loyalty points; If I purchase anything through the in-game Rift store, will I immediately receive loyalty points? I read somewhere that purchasing the minimal amount of credits for 5 USD is enough to unlock the AH, is this true? And finally, if I buy something for a friend, will she get points too?

Second, which is the better deal regarding content unlocked between the Nightmare Tide DLC and the Rift Essentials DLC? Which is better for a causal, play-for-fun kind of gamer that just wants to enjoy the different souls, roles and grinds?

And third, does Trion put anything in Rift on sale during Black Friday? And if they do, is it worth waiting for?

Any answer is appreciated.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Best value for money currently Starfall Prophecy - without it it does not make much sense to buy anything else. And you'll get enough loyalty with it.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

While it would be cool to get your hands on Starfall, I seriously would consider buying the Original game.

Rift original game key( $10 to $15 on spots like Amazon) (account wide)
    +4 Character Slots
    +2 Bag Slots (account wide)
    +30-Day Patron ( which gives u 7k loyalty I believe)
    RIFT: Classic Collector’s Pack ($40-$45) gives you the above plus the following (account wide)
    • +4 Character Slots
    • +2 Bag Slots
    • +30-Day Patron ( which gives u 7k loyalty I believe)
    • Tartagon Mount
    • 24-Slot Bag
    • Bogling Wastrel Pet
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 11-23-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks, sounds great! I will definitely look into this.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post
    While it would be cool to get your hands on Starfall, I seriously would consider buying the Original game.

Rift original game key( $10 to $15 on spots like Amazon) (account wide)
    +4 Character Slots
    +2 Bag Slots (account wide)
    +30-Day Patron ( which gives u 7k loyalty I believe)
    RIFT: Classic Collector’s Pack ($40-$45) gives you the above plus the following (account wide)
    • +4 Character Slots
    • +2 Bag Slots
    • +30-Day Patron ( which gives u 7k loyalty I believe)
    • Tartagon Mount
    • 24-Slot Bag
    • Bogling Wastrel Pet
    Classic Collector’s Pack does not make any sense for $40-$45, RIFT Essentials Edition is much better value for such money:
    All of the Souls from the Nightmare Tide and Storm Legion DLC packs
    Primalist Calling with 6 Souls
    Planewalker: Water ability (gear unlock)*
    2 bag slots*
    2 Earring slots*

but again without Starfall Prophecy it does not make much sense to buy anything comparable in price.

My list of preferable purchases would be:
    1) Any edition of Rift with included patron if you can find it cheap enough (not much more expensive than patron itself) - I believe you have to apply this key before you spend any money on game, but I may be wrong.
    2) Starfall Prophecy - you can't go to new zones and above level 65 without it
    3) Essential edition - all souls are nice, but it could wait when you will need them.
    You could buy anything else for stuff like rare mounts or pets - but without them your gameplay would not be limited. And you will be really limited without Starfall Prophecy when you reach lvl 65. And to fully use abilities of each calling you will need souls - but you can play fine only with free souls or buy souls in smaller packs (but if you want all souls Essential edition is better value) - you also could get souls and Essential edition by earning enough money in game - but it will take a while.

P.S. And if you still have not used Ascend a friend code - use it before using any other code. Better to use code from friend or guildmate as it gives you mob killing xp bonus when your friend in party with you and summon a friend ability. If you don't have anybody you could use any code from forum - but rest of the bonuses are insignificant.
    Last edited by Isp; 11-24-2016 at 05:57 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Classic Collector’s Pack does not make any sense for $40-$45, RIFT Essentials Edition is much better value for such money:
    All of the Souls from the Nightmare Tide and Storm Legion DLC packs
    Primalist Calling with 6 Souls
    Planewalker: Water ability (gear unlock)*
    2 bag slots*
    2 Earring slots*

but again without Starfall Prophecy it does not make much sense to buy anything comparable in price.

1) Any edition of Rift with included patron if you can find it cheap enough (not much more expensive than patron itself) - I believe you have to apply this key before you spend any money on game, but I may be wrong.
    3) Essential edition - all souls are nice, but it could wait when you will need them.
    You could buy anything else for stuff like rare mounts or pets - but without them your gameplay would not be limited. And you will be really limited without Starfall Prophecy when you reach lvl 65. And to fully use abilities of each calling you will need souls - but you can play fine only with free souls or buy souls in smaller packs (but if you want all souls Essential edition is better value) - you also could get souls and Essential edition by earning enough money in game - but it will take a while.

P.S. And if you still have not used Ascend a friend code - use it before using any other code. Better to use code from friend or guildmate as it gives you mob killing xp bonus when your friend in party with you and summon a friend ability. If you don't have anybody you could use any code from forum - but rest of the bonuses are insignificant.
    I looked on Amazon and they have the original copy of the game that supposedly includes a 30 day Patron pass, 7k loyalty points, 2 bag slots and unlocks up to 6 character slots per server. If I buy this and then the Essentials, will the bonuses stack? Like will I get even more character and bag slots?

And yeah, I didn't find out about the Ascend a friend thing until it was too late. Which is a shame, almost every time I play, I play with my friend for several hours at a time. That summon would have been verrry useful.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ecthilinir View Post
    I looked on Amazon and they have the original copy of the game that supposedly includes a 30 day Patron pass, 7k loyalty points, 2 bag slots and unlocks up to 6 character slots per server. If I buy this and then the Essentials, will the bonuses stack? Like will I get even more character and bag slots?

And yeah, I didn't find out about the Ascend a friend thing until it was too late. Which is a shame, almost every time I play, I play with my friend for several hours at a time. That summon would have been verrry useful.
    Currently on eBay:
    Rift Ultimate Edition = Collectors Edition + Ashes of History + 30 Tage Key Code EUR 9.99
    This is an electronic transaction, the immediate email of two codes:
    ONE: 6 character slots per server, bag slots 4 and 5 account wide + 30 day patron pass.
    TWO: a couple of mounts, 12 slot bag consumables, trinket and some fluff.

The bonuses do NOT stack.

However I applied this to a very old account created before FTP, when trial limitations were only a max level of 19 and the inability to leave either Freemarsh of Silverwood. An account I used for twinked PVP, before realizing the futility.

Recovering this account, linked to an obsolete email account was impossible via Trion customer service.
    Finally I added the email as an alias in outlook and there it was, so easy.
    Following Trion customer service advice I passed on a REX to this account to be consumed, the credits spent on a patron pass.. But extra character slots and bags were still NOT given.
    Trion finally apologized for the misinformation and admitted that the only way this account could be unlocked would be by the spending of real money (not credits) by the account itself.

So, via eBay, I spent real money, but not with Trion.

Upon resurrection this account has some characters with 5 bags each but limited to 2 characters per shard. Newly created characters had become limited to 3 bags per character.
    After applying the codes, only the existing characters had 7 bag slots each.
    Last edited by Fiftyish; 11-24-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post

Great to get all the souls, but with the base game with the bag slots / character slots is well worth the investment of $9-$15, the essentials would be my next choice though.

As for black friday...

In the past, Trion has offered more than mounts on sale on Black Friday, so it might be worth to wait. I doubt waiting 2 or 3 days to see if anything good comes around will hurt gameplay that much ^^

As for what pack offers best value for you.. That depends on what you want.

Keep in mind, a lot can be unlocked thorugh playing as well.
    Earrings take 50k voidstones to unlock. So you would not necessarily need a pack for that, it would just make it easier and instant if you get that with a package.

Same for planewalker... that is not highly necessary, it just locks some gear. You can always gear up completely through gaming, so that one or 2 pieces you would be locked out of are not that important.

Depending on souls..all 3 packs can be unlocked with credits in store. Depending on if you can make plat easily to buy Rex in store, that might be an alternative.

Also, look at the soul packs and see what exactly they add. If you are not interested in the extra options they bring you, then not all soul packs may be useful/worth it to you.
    You can fully enjoy the game without all the soulpacks.

What in the long run is worth getting, is the char slot extension, bag slots.. Those are things that do cost credit if you have to buy them ingame, but are useful in the long run.

As for your friend.. spending credits in store or using a rex will get her loyalty. Getting an original pack would probably be the best option for her/him, since that will get the bags/char slots and AH access.

Also something to consider... as a Patron you get 10% discount on purchases in store with credits. So before getting credits, check if there is something from store that you would want, maybe you have enough plat ingame to buy a rex.. A rex grants 1250 credits and 2500 loyalty.

If you feel you need credits and are willing to pay real cash for credits, then the credit packs are an option.
    This might be an option if you would want to get only one of the soulpacks.

We can all give you advice on what to get, but what you want/need is your choice.

I think the best thing you can do is make a list of what you absolutely want, what you might want and what is of no interest to you.

Then compare all options on how you can get what you absolutely want, see if that comes with something you might want.. for that would then be the bonus.. and set aside what does nothing for you.

Then make your decision on what you get.

Good luck on your choices

A sidenote on the amazon pack
    Originally, Rift was a subscription game and everybody had to buy the game to play it. So everybody had 6 char slots and 5 bag slots.
    The basic Rift game is just that.. 6 char slots and 5 bag slots... it is not added to the 2char/3bag slots a f2p player starts with. It is the difference between owning the game and f2p/downloading only.
    So you add the code from the game and instead of 2, you will have 6 chars per shard. Same with bags.. instead of f2p 3 slots, you will have ownership 5 slots.

This dates from when game went f2p... those who had bought the game before then but did not continue subscription were considered owners of the game with the right to 6 char slots and 5 bag slots.
    The new players who only downloaded the game for free, were considered f2p and had 2 char slots and 3 bag slots.
    In the long run, the word owner more or less disappeared. But patron is not the same as original ownership. So patron alone will not give the bag/char slots.
    Last edited by Aranka; 11-24-2016 at 03:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread