+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Rift DLC/Costs Explained

Default Rift DLC/Costs Explained

This is a complete breakdown of all current available Rift DLC and Subscriptions that can be purchased. I only post this as a guide for new and returning players because it is a bit confusing. All prices below are in US Dollars.

NOTE: These expansions are not required to play the game F2P. All Zones, Dungeons, Raids, and Content are free up to level 65. I would suggest trying the game first and if interested then purchase some of the below.

1) Starfall Prophecy (Released November 16th):
    Requirement: Must have for End Game Content.
    http://www.starfallprophecy.com/en/
    Standard Edition: $40
    Deluxe Edition: $60

This is a must have if you would like to play from level 65 to 70 as well as access the new zones, dungeons, and raid (to come later). Both editions also give you a level 65 boost. The deluxe edition gets you a new Ethereal Drake mount, Costume set, and a Portrait Frame. You can upgrade the Standard edition to the Deluxe edition later.
    2) Patron:
    Requirement: Not needed but VERY nice.
    Perks: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/#become-patron
    More Perks: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...t-even-better/
    1 Month: $15
    3 Months: $13.50 a month/$40.47 Quarterly
    6 Months: $12 a month/$71.94 Semiannually
    12 Months: $11 a month/$131.88 Annually

Without Patron you will not gain as much experience, marks for purchasing equipment, and have to repair your soul when you die which can become costly. The benefits of this are massive and really help your quality of life during gameplay. I will not list the benefits here but the links above should give you all of the bonuses. If you can get your hands on an unused boxed copy of the Rift game it will grant you 30 days patron time and other goodies.
    3) Essentials Pack (Available Now in-game only):
    Requirement: Nice to have for End Game Content.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...tials-edition/
    $50

This pack includes all Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide souls (8 total). It also includes access to the Primalist class with 6 soul and 2 extra bag slots. The earring slots it contains can be purchased with in-game currency later but this will get you those early.
    4) Ascended Soul DLC:
    Requirement: Nice to have.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/
    $35

This includes 4 new souls which can benefit you in PVP and end game content. This is not required but gives you more flexibility.
    5) Planetouched Wilds DLC:
    Requirement: Not needed with Essentials DLC.
    $80

This is more of a fluff pack and will get you the Primalist class and souls with a bunch of small things like a mount, portrait frame, and another character slot.
    6) Ultimate Rift Edition:
    Requirement: Very expensive and not needed. Overlaps with Essentials Edition.
    $150

This pack is very expensive and includes Storm Legion, Nightmare Tide, and Planetouched Wilds DLC. This will get you all souls except the Ascended souls. Benefits of this include an extra bank slot, minion slot, 30 days patron status, and pretty nifty raid summon that can only be obtained from this pack.
    7) Other In-Game Credit Purchases/Notes:
    Credits: These can be purchased in the following bundles and are using for making purchases within the game. You will get Loyalty once when purchasing and again when it is used:
    750: $5
    3250: $20
    8500: $50
    18500: $100
    Gear: You can always buy the next-to-highest level gear in the Rift Store within the game. I don't suggest doing this as you will be over geared in comparison to your skill level. By playing the game you will advance both your skill and gear at a comparable ratio.
    Earring Slots: These can be purchased with Credits but can now also be purchased with the in-game currency Void Stones. Current cost is 50,000 VS for the set and this can easily be grinded by doing weeklies and are awarded for almost every activity in Rift.
    Minion Slots: These increase in price for each and bring you back goodies such as dimension items, crafting components, and artifacts. They will pay for themselves pretty fast and I suggest getting these (if you have the disposable income).
    Character Bag Slots: You start out with 3 bag slots as a F2P player. More can be purchased using Credits. If you can get your hands on an unused boxed copy of Rift this will grant you 2 extra bag slots.
    Bank Tabs: I myself have a ton because I'm a hoarder. These each give you 30 slots of extra space. You can purchase 1 Shared bank tab that all of your characters on a shard can access. If you are a crafter or dimensioneer these are great to have so you can keep your goodies in order.
    REX: This is something that can be purchased in game for $10 and then sold in game for Platinum. The going rate for these range from 2100-2500 Platinum (NA Shards) at the time of this writing. On the reverse side if you would rather farm Platinum and buy the REX this will grant you 1250 Credits in-game. You will only gain Loyalty for using a REX and not from buying it.
    Loyalty: The more real money you spend the higher your loyalty and the better the benefits. You can obtain things like summons and mark bonuses by completing tiers. You will also receive loyalty from opening REX and buying Patron.
    Other: Almost everything in the Rift Store has a price tag on it. This can seem daunting but most of it can be found or purchased within the game with enough effort.
    Summary:
    F2P: Free to Play is free. You are allowed to play as a Warrior, Mage, Cleric, or Rogue. You can access all zones, dungeons, raids, PvP, etc. Come Fall you will not be allowed in any new End Game content or above level 65 however. This is a great way to get your feet wet in the game.
    Minimal: Buying Starfall Prophecy ($40) will get you access to the new zones, raids, and dungeons come Fall. A good start.
    I can do it all: Buying Starfall Prophecy ($40), Ascended Soul Pack ($35), and the Essentials Pack ($50) will give you access to all content, souls, classes, etc. Only 1 or 2 Patron only quests will be locked. Total cost $125. Great for serious End Game raiding.
    Big Kahuna: Buying Starfall Prophecy ($40), Ascended Soul Pack ($35), and the Essentials Pack ($50) will give you access to all content, souls, classes, etc. Buying Patron will give you the added monthly benefits. This gives you access to 100% of content and every benefit in the game. Total cost of $125+your monthly cost of 11-15$. Great for you and Trion.
    Last edited by Amadeux; 11-17-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    Amadeux@Deepwood, Arcem@Deepwood
    Ascend-A-Friend Free Stuff for New Players
    Guild "Typhon" on Deepwood

I believe this first draft is sufficient. Please point out any errors or suggestions you may have.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Amadeux; 09-22-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

REX gives 1250 credits, not 7500. Or I'm doing something wrong when using the ones I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chops13 View Post
    REX gives 1250 credits, not 7500. Or I'm doing something wrong when using the ones I buy.
    Thanks, got over zealous with my numbers lol. Fixed now.

This is great to have outside of the game all in one place. Thanks for making it.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    This is great to have outside of the game all in one place. Thanks for making it.
    No problem at all. I see the question between here and Reddit at least once a day about what is required and the costs associated.

Shield of Telara

Your listed REX price is for NA shards. EU players will have to fork over up to 4.5k Platinum.
    Last edited by Trauumhaft; 09-20-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    Your listed REX price is for NA shards. EU players will have to fork over up to 4.5k Platinum.
    Added that all prices are in US Dollars and the Rex/Platinum conversion is for NA Shards.

Soulwalker

First off thank you for taking the time to create all of this. As someone who is brand new to Rift this was very helpful. I do have a quick question though. If just choose to become a Patron and purchase the new expansion would I get access to all zones, dungeons and raids? I see in your descriptions the DLC's and Packs refer to mostly classes, souls, slots, etc.. but nothing about playable content. just want to be sure before spending any money. Thanks again.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by WinkingWizards View Post
    First off thank you for taking the time to create all of this. As someone who is brand new to Rift this was very helpful. I do have a quick question though. If just choose to become a Patron and purchase the new expansion would I get access to all zones, dungeons and raids? I see in your descriptions the DLC's and Packs refer to mostly classes, souls, slots, etc.. but nothing about playable content. just want to be sure before spending any money. Thanks again.
    Until the new expansion launches, all zones/dungeons/raids are free.
    Last edited by Nephyla; 09-21-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Good guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeux View Post
    2) Patron:[INDENT] Requirement: Not needed but VERY nice.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/#become-patron
    1 Month: $15
    3 Months: $13.50 a month/$40.47 Quarterly
    6 Months: $12 a month/$71.94 Semiannually
    12 Months: $11 a month/$131.88 Annually

Without Patron you will not gain as much experience, marks for purchasing equipment, and have to repair your soul when you die which can become costly. The benefits of this are massive and really help your quality of life during gameplay. I will not list the benefits here but the link above should give you all of the bonuses.
    While the link lists the majority of the bonuses, a few are missing from it. Namely, additional convenience perks such as being able to stack charges for daily rewards from dungeon and warfront queuing, being able to accumulate rested xp and queuing for specific dungeons can only be done as a patron. The additional bonuses that were added are summarized here.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkingWizards View Post
    Thanks! I added this to the F2P Suggestion to help convey everything included in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Letobrick View Post
    Good guide.

While the link lists the majority of the bonuses, a few are missing from it. Namely, additional convenience perks such as being able to stack charges for daily rewards from dungeon and warfront queuing, being able to accumulate rested xp and queuing for specific dungeons can only be done as a patron. The additional bonuses that were added are summarized here.
    Great catch! I didn't even notice these extra bonuses were missing. I think Trion should update their page as those are good selling points.

I've added the link as "More Perks" to that section.

Soulwalker

Default About the Essentials Pack

I've just been informed via email by a GM that the Essentials Pack is not available for established accounts and is only available for new accounts. What a horrible business decision for people who are interested in getting back into the game. I was enjoying getting back into things but after finding out this I'm going to look for something else. /SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Kressen View Post
    I've just been informed via email by a GM that the Essentials Pack is not available for established accounts and is only available for new accounts. What a horrible business decision for people who are interested in getting back into the game. I was enjoying getting back into things but after finding out this I'm going to look for something else. /SMH
    I have pinged Brasse for clarification. This was available for a limited time to everyone, then new accounts only, but at last opened to everyone. I was unaware this had ended and will update my post accordingly as soon as I receive the information.

UPDATE: No response yet but I just checked my old character and the Essentials edition is still for sale.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Amadeux; 11-12-2016 at 06:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast