+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nephyla

Thread: Sell Back Feature (in-game store)

Soulwalker

Question Sell Back Feature (in-game store)

I've looked every where guys. All over the Internet, and definitely here in the forums. I can't seem to find the correct search phrase for finding an answer as to what currencies merchants and the in-game shop will allow a sell back on. I've asked in game as well, no luck there

Going out on a limb, I've tested coin, void, and planarite so far, and these type items seem to sell back.

As long as you are within these guidelines (Posted May 2011):
    The 30 minute window
    Have not traded or emailed them
    The item has not been modified or soul bound
    And has not been used in a quest or to update a quest.

My worry is buying a credit item from the in-game store and finding I'm in error in my purchase or something goes terribly wrong and not being able to return it. A player said to try it with a cheap item and see. Sure, give me some of your credits to play with LOL The currencies I tried are easy to acquire. My physical US dollars, well...

Is there a forum posting or a list somewhere that defines what currency type items are covered and which are not? Again, as long as the sell back is within the guidelines I stated above which I found on EpicToon.

Source: http://www.epictoon.com/blog/2011/05...ds-added-rift/

Shield of Telara

My worry is buying a credit item from the in-game store and finding I'm in error in my purchase or something goes terribly wrong and not being able to return it.

Do you have a specific item in mind? It's easier to answer to specific requests.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think the 'sell back' feature worked for anything that was purchased with credits.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
    I could be wrong, but I didn't think the 'sell back' feature worked for anything that was purchased with credits.
    It doesn't. Upon purchase with credits, the loyalty is awarded and the item turns "unreturnable". Pretty much all of the other currencies allow the sell back.

Soulwalker

Question

I've been updated on the currency information and now I'm confused. I was told anything but "gems" can be sold back. That's a new one on me. I haven't seen the term gems used anywhere on the 'net where Rift is concerned... Either I'm not down with the lingo or I'm missing some very valuable documents out there!!

So what are gems and where do I start farming those in addition to all the other currencies I'm collecting? Also, since I haven't seen any gems or gotten any, what do you buy with gems?

Well, just the information you guys provided helps. I guess as a final thought, if I'm willing to spend credits, I should intend on it being "All sales final". I was just having one of those "think before you leap" moments, so I had to ask.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfThumb View Post
    I've been updated on the currency information and now I'm confused. I was told anything but "gems" can be sold back. That's a new one on me. I haven't seen the term gems used anywhere on the 'net where Rift is concerned... Either I'm not down with the lingo or I'm missing some very valuable documents out there!!

So what are gems and where do I start farming those in addition to all the other currencies I'm collecting? Also, since I haven't seen any gems or gotten any, what do you buy with gems?

Well, just the information you guys provided helps. I guess as a final thought, if I'm willing to spend credits, I should intend on it being "All sales final". I was just having one of those "think before you leap" moments, so I had to ask.
    Gems = Credits. But nobody calls them Gems.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabonder View Post
    Gems = Credits. But nobody calls them Gems.
    Some even call them diamonds.

+ Reply to Thread