+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some questions

Soulwalker

Default Some questions

Hello, ive come back to rift a week ago, i had my character in 56 (leveled a bit past expansion just doing warfronts) and i have managed to hit 60 doing Instant adventures.

I have some questions:

1 Is tempest bay main city now?

2 Is there a pvp renown (like unseen in vanilla)? If not, which renown is better from a pvp point of view?

3 Why i cant see favor level 65 rewards in the shop? (i have set level to 65 to see everything but this doesnt appear)

4 Where is the pvp vendor? i've just seen the npc of warfronts in tempest bay

5 Is instant adventure a good way to level up to 65? (im 60 now)

6 Can i buy VIP coin (those green diamonds) with platinum?

7 What are all those coins for? fragments of madness, fragmenst of... a lot of things. DO they buy the same/similar gear?

8 Is there any good pvp guild in BloodIron?

Thanks for your help!!

Welcome back, can try to answer some of them for you:

1 Is tempest bay main city now?
    There is a new city, Margle Palace, in the new zone of Draumheim, in Plane of Water but most people still stick with Tempest Bay as you can pick up nearly all the weeklies from there as well.

2 Is there a pvp renown (like unseen in vanilla)? If not, which renown is better from a pvp point of view?
    There's no new PvP Factions to grind so if you're maxed out on the older ones, you're good to go.

3 Why i cant see favor level 65 rewards in the shop? (i have set level to 65 to see everything but this doesnt appear)
    Look under equipment --> Weapons, there's PvP only weapons you can get with currency only bought with favor

4 Where is the pvp vendor? i've just seen the npc of warfronts in tempest bay
    There is no PvP gear 'per se', however by winning Warfronts you get a loot crate which has a chance to contain pieces of gear so you can get a complete set of gear including earrings, trinkets and rings just by winning a lot of Warfronts, gear now is just gear so you can use your PvE gear as well but the PvP drops have slightly better stats like more Endurance and more spell/attack power etc

5 Is instant adventure a good way to level up to 65? (im 60 now)
    Yes, they introduced Intrepid Instant Adventures which are set in the raid instances of Hammerknell and the newest 20-man raid Mind of Madness so you can see the actual raids in action, complete with all the same bosses as the raid but obviously easier, these IAs can also drop boxes with decent gear in them, especially the MoM IA.

6 Can i buy VIP coin (those green diamonds) with platinum?
    You can buy credits direct with hard cash or you can buy a REX, which is tradable credits, using in-game currency like Platinum, you can also pay a reliable Rift store seller platinum to 'gift' you items costing credits.

7 What are all those coins for? fragments of madness, fragmenst of... a lot of things. DO they buy the same/similar gear?
    If you check the Rift store under equipment and armor sets, you can see the raid gear these currency tokens allow you to buy, Fragments of Madness allow you to buy pieces of the latest Tier 3 raid gear, doing weeklies both PvP and PvE can get you a decent amount of FoM and FoD etc.

8 Is there any good pvp guild in BloodIron?
    Can't help you on that one as i play on a carebear Shard Zaviel
    Last edited by Slipmat; 06-07-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for your answers!

So favor is only usable for weapons, or can i upgrade that dropped gear from warfronts to bis gear using favor?

Is it possible to use pve coins to upgrade gear dropped doing warfronts?

what is that "hunt" new thing, does it give also specific coins? (i think they added too many coins!)

Sorry but game is a bit confusing sometimes

When i played this game years ago ( i was a suscriber) i got to max level and then just did warfronts/pvp outdoors and weeklies, some might thing that must be boring, but i really had great fun.
    Thats my plan now, but they add of a lot of new features and with the removal of pvp gear im worried i cant do this.
    Last edited by SanJorge; 06-07-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Telaran

I was under the impression you could still buy PvP armor, but I could be wrong. I do know that you cannot use PvE marks to upgrade PvP gear.

Hunts were a Storm Legion rep thing for some good essences (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't get too deep in SL endgame before NT came out).

Soulwalker

Ok thanks for the answers, I guess ill have a lot more questions when i get to 65.

+ Reply to Thread