+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Wylf
  • 3 Post By Nuuli
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Instant Death upon Resurrection

Soulwalker

Default Instant Death upon Resurrection

Hi folks. I'm currently leveling my first character in Shimmersand. I was out of combat just running along and instantly died. I rez'd and again died. This happened a few times and I made my way to a quest hub by death walking. At the quest hub I stilled died. Logged out for 2 hours and it is still occurring. I have seen a couple of mentions of Teth ----- (2 different names) in combat logs for like 35K hits.

Rift Chaser

The "Endless Faces of Teth" is a raid rift, that is currently part of the Carnival of the Ascended.
    You pick up quests in Tempest bay from Dantwor Honey-Tongue to complete 'Tales of the Ascnded". The Tales are to complete Raid Rifts.

The Teth Rift is a true PITA. One of the mobs, the Spider I believe, has an AOE effect, that basically kills everyone in a radius that is substantially larger than the area, where the tales are opened.

Unfortunately some people open the rifts and just walk away, and the Rifts seem to stay open until a raid group comes along and closes it. The Laethys rift can be just as bad.

@Tratt, you are not alone by a long shot, many, many players end up as fertilizer on the sands of Shimmersand because of this problem.
    Last edited by Wylf; 04-20-2016 at 07:17 PM.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...psor7sr8pn.png

Yeah... I was wondering the same thing. When I was informed, I learned to stay way clear of that rift. That meant hugging the mountain side as much as possible.

Soulwalker

Thanks. I was finally able to death walk far enough away to safely Rez. I recalled back to the city. I'm going to head to the Stillmoor zone, hopefully such nastiness will not exist there.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Someone is looking into this (and the offending ability may have already been disabled - waiting for confirmation).

Also...
    That was awesome. Thank you.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

We have now disabled the Karmic Vortex ability that was doing the damage in such a huge radius. We also disabled the snare that has a similar huge range.

+ Reply to Thread