+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 90% mount moves at 60%

Soulwalker

Unhappy 90% mount moves at 60%

my partner and i started Rift characters a few weeks ago, we both got packages from Rift saying 'thanks for playing' and whatnot. i assume everyone gets these.

included in the Open at 25 package, was a Valmera mount which increases movement speed by 90%.

mine does, his doesn't. his moves at 60%, we verified it when i used my slow mount while we were questing. not sure if it's just the mount is bugged, or if he was to get another one...would that one be slow too?

i have no idea what the problem is, but it's terrible

please help!!

What is the exact name of the mount and what exactly does the tooltip say? It may not have a minimum speed.
    Are you patron and he isn't?
    Are you above level 50?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    What is the exact name of the mount and what exactly does the tooltip say? It may not have a minimum speed.
    Are you patron and he isn't?
    Are you above level 50?
    the problem mount is called the Spotted Valmera Collar, i have the Buff Valmera Collar with no issues

it says the same thing they all do "increases speed by 90% or matches the speed of your fastest mount"

we're both level 25 and...i don't know what a patron is

thank you so much for responding! he's soooooo annoyed, omg, i finally get a partner for this game and his fast mount has issues
    Last edited by Beauflo; 01-13-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Ascendant

That is a mount that should go at 90% at least .... has your partner by accident turned on walking instead of running (toggled the / key) - I'm not sure why that would be an issue (mounted speed <> walking) but it seems it can be a factor

Edit: where are my manners! Welcome to the game and Enjoy!

Last edited by Faerugue; 01-13-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Shadowlander

Also, if you're in a guild and he's not, he won't get the guild perks as you would. Patron is paying to play the game. You get benefits for being a patron player.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    That is a mount that should go at 90% at least .... has your partner by accident turned on walking instead of running (toggled the / key) - I'm not sure why that would be an issue (mounted speed <> walking) but it seems it can be a factor

Edit: where are my manners! Welcome to the game and Enjoy!

lolz thank you! i do so love this game, i'm sure we're figure out this problem soon <3

we'll look into that! he was poking around with alllll the keys to find the toggle for /follow, so it's highly likely he hit something. thanks for the suggestion, we appreciate it

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    Also, if you're in a guild and he's not, he won't get the guild perks as you would. Patron is paying to play the game. You get benefits for being a patron player.
    neither of us are in a guild, or patrons-that's the mysterious part, we have the same class, level, and gear. i'm fighting against the notion that he has a bugged mount, cause that would just suck

thank you for posting, i appreciate everyone's support

my 150 mount on my alt seems like its actually moving at 90% :/ and its max PA and has patron so should be relatively fast..

+ Reply to Thread