+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random Questions from New Player: Shaman, PVP, Store Packs

Shadowlander

Default Random Questions from New Player: Shaman, PVP, Store Packs

I just started the new area and put in the referral code from Seshatar on forums to get more bank slots, cape, potions.

So after watching youtube and googling old post, in particular about pvp, I have a few questions:

1. I want to try a Shaman cleric first. Is this at least a viable pvp class? I see a lot of complaints about Inquisitor and Reever, so this steered me away. I watched some Shaman stuff and looked pretty cool. Again, doesn't have to Op or I'm not trying t be super original, just want viable for pvp.I also will like to do dungeons.

2. If I like the game, is the Laethys pack the best overall deal? I don't mind spending some money on the game, but $150 is a lot. is there a second best or pretty much if you like the game, just go with Laethys?

3. In PVP. what are the most self sufficient classes? I want to join a guild, but past experience in MMOs is I will be doing a lot of PUGing. Is it really only reever and inquisitor?

Thanks in advance.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstar View Post
    2. If I like the game, is the Laethys pack the best overall deal? I don't mind spending some money on the game, but $150 is a lot. is there a second best or pretty much if you like the game, just go with Laethys?
    These packs seem to regularly go on sale for 50-75 % off. I would hold off for another sale week.

As for specs, this game very much encourages you to play a variety of roles and builds.

Good luck!
    Valys, Minor Goddess of Spoons
    <Dies In Fires>
    ROF 4/4 RA ~ MS 4/5 ~ TF 1/3
    our recruitment post

Hi mate, as I play cleric too, you can just /w me ingame now

Volturnus@Typhiria

so I can help you a bit maybe regarding specs. I can also gift you a mount and some bags ingame ;)
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

1. I want to try a Shaman cleric first. Is this at least a viable pvp class? I see a lot of complaints about Inquisitor and Reaver, so this steered me away. I watched some Shaman stuff and looked pretty cool. Again, doesn't have to Op or I'm not trying t be super original, just want viable for pvp.I also will like to do dungeons.

Shaman is pretty strong in PvE, and completely viable in PvP (in some maps at least). You obviously don't want to use it in large, open maps like Whitefall Steppes or Karthan Ridge, but it's great in places like Blighted Antechamber.

It's a decent deal if you like the fluff and want both soul packs. However, it has a LOT of fluff. Hair packs, costumes and mounts may not appeal to you. It also sporadically goes on sale. It was 75% off a few weeks ago, which was a great deal. Thus, I would not recommend you get it until you play the game a little more (it might go on sale as you play, and your decisions might change)

For sheer quality of life, I'd recommend you get one of the Nightmare Tide expansion packs. The $50 infusion edition offers a lot, including an instant 60 potion and an infinite use dream orb. Earring slots are nearly impossible to get at low levels, and you'll really enjoy being able to use them.

3. In PVP. what are the most self sufficient classes? I want to join a guild, but past experience in MMOs is I will be doing a lot of PUGing. Is it really only reaver and inquisitor?

If by self-sufficient, you mean 'can survival well without a healer', Inquisitor and Nightblade are decent. At lower levels, tempest is pretty strong. Overall, no class has high, sustained self healing AND good DPS. Reaver is nice, but it's much weaker at lower levels than at level 65.

Thanks in advance.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    1. I want to try a Shaman cleric first. Is this at least a viable pvp class? I see a lot of complaints about Inquisitor and Reaver, so this steered me away. I watched some Shaman stuff and looked pretty cool. Again, doesn't have to Op or I'm not trying t be super original, just want viable for pvp.I also will like to do dungeons.

Shaman is pretty strong in PvE, and completely viable in PvP (in some maps at least). You obviously don't want to use it in large, open maps like Whitefall Steppes or Karthan Ridge, but it's great in places like Blighted Antechamber.

It's a decent deal if you like the fluff and want both soul packs. However, it has a LOT of fluff. Hair packs, costumes and mounts may not appeal to you. It also sporadically goes on sale. It was 75% off a few weeks ago, which was a great deal. Thus, I would not recommend you get it until you play the game a little more (it might go on sale as you play, and your decisions might change)

For sheer quality of life, I'd recommend you get one of the Nightmare Tide expansion packs. The $50 infusion edition offers a lot, including an instant 60 potion and an infinite use dream orb. Earring slots are nearly impossible to get at low levels, and you'll really enjoy being able to use them.

3. In PVP. what are the most self sufficient classes? I want to join a guild, but past experience in MMOs is I will be doing a lot of PUGing. Is it really only reaver and inquisitor?

If by self-sufficient, you mean 'can survival well without a healer', Inquisitor and Nightblade are decent. At lower levels, tempest is pretty strong. Overall, no class has high, sustained self healing AND good DPS. Reaver is nice, but it's much weaker at lower levels than at level 65.

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for the info. I tried a l ot of the presets and settled on NightStalker rougue. Once I learn the game, I will experiment more with my own.

+ Reply to Thread