+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player looking for information on upgrading from Storm Legion

Default New player looking for information on upgrading from Storm Legion

Hey guys! Grindis here, looking for a bit of information.

So I played a few years back quite a bit, and hit level 60 and enjoyed myself but started graduate school and only recently graduated so now I have some spare time I thought i'd join back in.

However I need some help upgrading from Storm Legion to whatever the new expansion is.

Here is what I do have:

- Base Rift Game
    - Storm Legion Infinity Pack
    - All classes from Storm Legion
    - Promotional Item: Spaulders of Earthen Might

What I would like to get:
    - All the new classes
    - All the new bag space + new trinket slots
    - Anything else that is necessary for competitive PvE.

Anyone think they can help me out? What is the best 'upgrade' to purchase?

PS: Money is not a concern.

Thanks in advance!

You can buy the Dream Souls Pack (New souls) from inside the rift store in-game under Services. The Typhoon Collector's Edition will give you earring slots and an extra bag slot (among other things). That is the "smallest" edition available from the new expansion. You said money is not an issue, so you may want to look at some of the other editions if you want more. The Typhoon Collector's Edition can be purchased in-game in the rift store, however any of the other editions must be purchased from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    You can buy the Dream Souls Pack (New souls) from inside the rift store in-game under Services. The Typhoon Collector's Edition will give you earring slots and an extra bag slot (among other things). That is the "smallest" edition available from the new expansion. You said money is not an issue, so you may want to look at some of the other editions if you want more. The Typhoon Collector's Edition can be purchased in-game in the rift store, however any of the other editions must be purchased from here.
    Thanks for the incredibly fast reply @Artewig!

Just need some clarification:

- I need to purchase the soul packs separately from any upgrade bundles? (They don't come included in any of them like the ST ones?)
    - The smallest edition has the two new equipment slots and all bag upgrades possible?
    - The more expensive editions only come with cosmetics it seems?

Quote Originally Posted by Grindis View Post
    Thanks for the incredibly fast reply @Artewig!

Just need some clarification:

- I need to purchase the soul packs separately from any upgrade bundles? (They don't come included in any of them like the ST ones?)
    - The smallest edition has the two new equipment slots and all bag upgrades possible?
    - The more expensive editions only come with cosmetics it seems?
    The Dream Soul pack is separate. I haven't seen it bundled with anything. The Typhoon Edition has the two equipment slots (earrings) and 1 extra bag slot. You can purchase more by right-clicking on unowned bag slots.
    New player looking for information on upgrading from Storm Legion-aaaaaa.png
    The Infusion Edition comes with an instant 60 boost so you can level any character on your account to 60. This can also be sold to other players in-game as it is not bound to account. It also comes with 4 gear upgrade parts, a minion (with an extra minion slot), and a "starter" infinite-use dream orb in addition to cosmetic/dimension stuff. Each tier comes with everything from the previous tiers as well (except for things like gear upgrade parts. You only get what is listed in that tier). In the Ultimate Nightmare Edition, you get a mount that can swim, a 36 slot bag (to go in that new bag slot you get), 12 gear upgrade parts (compared to the 4 in the previous tier), and a group/raid summon (very handy) in addition to cosmetic/dimension stuff.
    Last edited by Artewig; 05-30-2015 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Welcome back to Rift.
    + Dream Souls Pack
    + Nightmare Tide Ultimate Edition
    Not to forget, the mount is also account wide, can be used from the very start, and is very fast.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Ascendant

Just to be clear on the inventory space/bag slots: the two bag slots that were 'added' cannot be unlocked with anything but credits in game (none of the bundles/packs unlock them). The one 'extra' slot (with the R in it) is the Nightmare Tide slot, that is unlocked when you buy the Ultimate edition (and that includes the water mount).

Also keep in mind that these two bag slots cost a lot in credits, and are PER TOON, so not account wide - many were quite 'not amused' at the beginning, just trying to inform.

As for more bag space: in the bank you can now buy several 'vaults'. Be aware those do not come with more space to add bags in, they are just the 32 extra slots per vault (also to be bought with credits, per toon). If memory serves me correctly, the Ultimate edition also unlocks one of these vaults for you (account wide).

As for the rest of your questions: I think by extra trinket slots you mean the earrings, right (that was already answered)

Last edited by Faerugue; 05-31-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I might go ahead and pick up the extra soul pack and the Infusion ($50) pack since I guess i'll also have to purchase credits for bag space and such.

Thanks for all the help!

The NMT Infusion will add that single extra bag slot to your character account wide, and also that extra bank vault.
    I have boths "perks" on all of my characters, and i only bought the NMT Infusion Editon.

Btw. you might want to try and sell/trade the level 60 booster pack from your Infusion Edition for 3-4 REX, and then either keep those REX around for later, or go for an account wide amphibious 150% mount.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 06-01-2015 at 12:17 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread