+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back after long absence

Default Back after long absence

Well, I finally got my gaming rig built, and managed to stay up late enough to DL the game again. (Free bandwidth midnight to 5 am, metered otherwise.) I got my NT pack.

Just one question (FOR NOW) What benefit is there to teaching a mount to swim? (Only got Typhoon pack)

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    Just one question (FOR NOW) What benefit is there to teaching a mount to swim? (Only got Typhoon pack)
    In general, it's not incredibly useful. It will come in handy in the early stages of leveling in the Plane of Water as there are many underwater areas in Goboro Reef. However, most of Draumheim, Tarken Glacier, and Tyrant's Throne is "dry" content so you'll see next to no benefit at that point.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

If it really nice to be able to use a mount in water.. non stop movement regardless where you are.. If you have the shark mount, then use that, if not, i personally think its a great thing to have.

Remember it is, I believe, only for one character and on one account.. So be careful
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

In short, it's useless and a waste of credits/money.

Rather aim for an amphibious account mount with 155% speed. Like the shark, the Arclight Lifter or the Cobalt Crabnarok... the prices range from 2k up to 8k plat. per mount, depending on the shard you are on.

But at least those fast account mounts are really worth it.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 03-21-2015 at 08:50 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Okay, I won't get the manual then. I have a barnacle necklace so, underwater isn't a problem even if it's slower.

You won't need that necklace in the new plane of water areas, you can "breath" there underwater.
    And to gain a little more speed while swimming, there is still the planar attunement water option.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread