+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ragestorm clarification?

Soulwalker

Default Ragestorm clarification?

Hi,
    I'm a bit confused about the tooltip for Ragestorm, the multi-target ability Voidknights get when they spend 28 points in the tree? Can someone clarify it for me, please?

It says it deals "Weapon plus X to Y damage to up to five enemies. Consumes up to 3 Pacts"

The thing that's confusing me is what effect the pacts have on it? What do they do? It's not describing if they increase the damage, or if its damage is dependent on how many pacts you use when casting it. Does it do the same damage if it consumes 1 pact as it does if it consumes 3?

Can anyone clear this up for me?

It does exactly what it says on the tin. It consumes pacts, nothing else.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

So...there's no value in using it when you have 3 in comparison to when you have 1? If it has exactly the same effect? In fact its detrimental to use it later because it'll use more pacts that you might need for other stuff?

Pact consumption ceases to be an issue at higher levels because of Ambient Engorgement constantly giving you passive pacts. You gain them faster than you could possibly ever use them.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

With Destructive Forces your ragestorm does a % of your AP in additional damage for each pact you have. So using Ragestorm at 10 pacts does a lot more damage than at 1 pact.

But regarding the cost, you need at least 1 pact and it will consume up to 3 pacts but the base damage from it will always be the same whether you consume 1 or 3 pacts.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread