+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new Souls, only purchase through in game store?

Default new Souls, only purchase through in game store?

Is the only way to get the latest souls, to buy them through the IN GAME STORE for 4500 gems? (meaning you can't get them in package outside of the in game store)

looking at the in store cost for gems:
    20$ for 3250 gems
    50 $ for 8500 gems

I can spend 40$ for 6500 gems, or 50 dollars for 8500 gems.

If this is the case, I can see how this is advantageous for Trion/Rift... I don't see how this is fair to the players. Why? well... if I want NMT goodies (earring slots, bank vault tab, extra bag slot) its 30-50$ if I want the souls its another 40-50$. It would be nice to have a package around 40-50 dollars that gave us the souls, + earrings + vault and bag slots. That to me seems more reasonable and fair on the consumer.

You can already get the Typhoon Edition + Dream Souls for $55 if you're a Patron (or $60 if you're not).

If the only thing you want to buy with credits are the dream souls, you should buy your credit packs as $20 + $5 + $5. This is 4750 credits (non-patrons will have to add another $5 to reach 5500 credits as the non-patron price is 5000 credits).

Saying that it takes $40-$50 just to get the souls is outright false. Don't blame Trion for your poor math.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    You can already get the Typhoon Edition + Dream Souls for $55 if you're a Patron (or $60 if you're not).
    If you're a patron, then you got triple dipped in the last year instead of just doubled. The math is off, but the point that Trion is stacking debuffs to their advantage is still valid. And how many posts do you see from new players bashing their heads on these complications because there are no complete packages. Maybe there are no packages because they would be so expensive.

Well, yes those souls are...
    ... or you could just aim for 4 REX ingame, and then buy the pack with credits and 0$ involved.
    ... or instead of a NMT Typhoon Edition, just buy a NMT Infusion Editon and sell the level-60-boost for 3-4 REX.

Besides, if you want to go "complete" as a "new" player...
    - Laethys' Fortune Pack, including both souls packs
    - NMT Ultimate Edition, including all the rest
    and yes, this will burn a nice (money) hole (around 300$, 150$ for each pack) into your pocket.

Anyway, there are smart ways to upgrade a F2P account as new player, just check the other threads.

And for the Dream Souls, if you want them, just go with REX - and spend the spare cash on a subscription instead.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 02-10-2015 at 02:21 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Sorry what is REX? you can earn it in game?

REX == bought gems?
    Last edited by swordfish; 02-11-2015 at 08:46 PM.

REX is an item that you can buy from other players - either on the auction house or COD or face-to-face. When consumed, it gives 1250 credits.

A REX is originally purchased from the Rift store for $10. However you NEVER want to consume a REX you bought from Trion yourself. Buying two $5 credit packs costs the same, but gives you 1500 credits. REX is used to let players trade ingame currency for credits. A REX usually sells for 1000 to 1400 plat, depending on the economy of that particular shard.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

And another thing, if you plan on buying something big or several items in the Rift Store, do yourself a favour and have a subscription or a patron pass up and running.
    This will give you a discount on any purchase with credits from the Rift Store.
    Therefore, plan your shopping spree carefully, and you will save some credits for the next time...

In the end, it is possible to get the Nightmare Tide perks and one of the soul packs with one purchase, you only have to be smart... and depending on the price of the level-60-boost item, perhaps consider some time into finding the right buyer for it.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 02-11-2015 at 10:54 PM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread