+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Don't get harbinger

Default Don't get harbinger

I guess my question is simple - I don't understand why do Harbinger. I'm still very new to the game and reading up a lot and people have a lot of good things to say about it - but it why choose to do melee as a mage when I could just do something like a warrior, cleric, etc... Wouldn't it just be better to wear heavy armor if i wanted to be up close?

If you don't want to roll Harbinger, then don't.

As for the question, I want to know the mentality behind it first in order to give you an answer that you find convincing. What is your issue with a melee Mage exactly?
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

Rift Chaser

OP's entire post made me smack my head against a wall.

its all about CHOICE.

Also on a sort of side note, armor other than on a tank is pretty negligible in damage received.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinan View Post
    Also on a sort of side note, armor other than on a tank is pretty negligible in damage received.
    And worthless against anything non-physical! (Which is a lot)
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

... it's fun to play, so why the hell not?
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Champion of Telara

10% spellpower for just 5 soul points, just like Stormcaller. Harbinger synergises well with Chloromancer for this very reason.

Champion

With harb chloro you are healing yourself and others whilst damaging.

Previously I mentioned that I'm a recent refugee from WoW.

One of the things I enjoyed a lot, was the "Demonhunter" glyph for Warlocks that allowed them to tank. They never, quite, entirely, gave Warlock tanks all the bells and whistles to be a proper Raid tank, but I could tank an instance. I also found it to be fun for solo play as well; clearing a lower level dungeon just for cash or giggles is easier on a tanking class -gather up all your enemies and burn them down while surviving a lot of incoming damage. A lot of warlocks were unhappy that they went from "somewhat supporting" a Warlock tank spec to "removing it completely."

...and that's where I'm finding RIFT vastly superior to WoW; here, I decide what is fun, and I play how I want. In WoW, the Devs have taken to telling players what is fun, and no, players aren't allowed to have a contrary position.

Quote Originally Posted by Greidi View Post
    Previously I mentioned that I'm a recent refugee from WoW.

One of the things I enjoyed a lot, was the "Demonhunter" glyph for Warlocks that allowed them to tank. They never, quite, entirely, gave Warlock tanks all the bells and whistles to be a proper Raid tank, but I could tank an instance. I also found it to be fun for solo play as well; clearing a lower level dungeon just for cash or giggles is easier on a tanking class -gather up all your enemies and burn them down while surviving a lot of incoming damage. A lot of warlocks were unhappy that they went from "somewhat supporting" a Warlock tank spec to "removing it completely."

...and that's where I'm finding RIFT vastly superior to WoW; here, I decide what is fun, and I play how I want. In WoW, the Devs have taken to telling players what is fun, and no, players aren't allowed to have a contrary position.
    Have to agree, (Hi Griedi), I play primarily, rogues and warriors, so having a clothie play like one of the previous allows me to transition easier and it's all about choice.

Rift Chaser

I play chloro for group healing. Harb is my go-to for soloing because it is smooth and reliable in open world and rift groups. As a mainly healer it is a fun and effective alternate build. Of you don't like melee mage, skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastl View Post
    I guess my question is simple - I don't understand why do Harbinger. I'm still very new to the game and reading up a lot and people have a lot of good things to say about it - but it why choose to do melee as a mage when I could just do something like a warrior, cleric, etc... Wouldn't it just be better to wear heavy armor if i wanted to be up close?
    Mage is a versatile class in this game. I think having a melee spec incorporated into the mage class, is brilliant. It's a bonus. You get tired of throwing fireballs at something for 65 levels, and then decide you want to get up close and personal with your targets? Guess what, you don't need to re-roll and level another toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastl View Post
    why choose to do melee as a mage when I could just do something like a warrior, cleric, etc...
    Gandalf was a melee mage, though he had some pretty good AOE CC too.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    OP's entire post made me smack my head against a wall.

its all about CHOICE.
    If you keep smacking your head against a wall for small things like this, you will die young.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Starthief View Post
    Gandalf was a melee mage, though he had some pretty good AOE CC too.
    Indeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast