+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Faerugue

Thread: Old But New

Default Old But New

Hello forum Community!

So I honestly have played much of Rift at all, thought I'd pop in the forums say hi and look for a guild. I've had the game since Raptr was giving it away, totally thankful they did. A friend of mine and myself finally decided it was time to get into a new fun MMO and Rift was calling.

I had a few questions about the game, if anyone could answer that'd be greatly appreciated.

1. At what level can one obtain a mount, and what is the cheapest mount?

2. How can one transfer severs?

3. Currently my character has an auto select going on for my souls, I was wondering how to change that?

4. Is it at all possible to change your souls in general?

Ascendant

Welcome to the game

1. you can get a mount as soon as you can afford one (level 1). Go to the store, and buy it for 2,50 plat or 13 credits for patrons and something like 16 credits for non patrons I think

2. every 7 days you can transfer to another shard if you want to. Toon has to be level 15 to be able to transfer, no mail in mailbox and no open auctions on the AH. Your stuffin bags/bank will transfer with you. Until level 40 you can have three times your level in plat with you, above 40 there's no plat restrictions.

3. You can either just spend a point yourself by pressing N in game after you level and spend a point somewhere you want to (it'll warn you that that will invalidate the preset choices) or you can go to a trainer and have your souls reset, after which you can choose which souls you want to combine into a spec/role and work from there. Also, just so you know, you can have more roles, up to 20 ... Like for a cleric you can have a tank role, dps role, healing roles and support ... and just switch when needed

4. See under 3 - already explained. Yes you can! You can totally mix and match whatever you want for every class...

If you need more info, just holler/shout out and we'll help as best we can

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Welcome to the game

1. you can get a mount as soon as you can afford one (level 1). Go to the store, and buy it for 2,50 plat or 13 credits for patrons and something like 16 credits for non patrons I think

2. every 7 days you can transfer to another shard if you want to. Toon has to be level 15 to be able to transfer, no mail in mailbox and no open auctions on the AH. Your stuffin bags/bank will transfer with you. Until level 40 you can have three times your level in plat with you, above 40 there's no plat restrictions.

3. You can either just spend a point yourself by pressing N in game after you level and spend a point somewhere you want to (it'll warn you that that will invalidate the preset choices) or you can go to a trainer and have your souls reset, after which you can choose which souls you want to combine into a spec/role and work from there. Also, just so you know, you can have more roles, up to 20 ... Like for a cleric you can have a tank role, dps role, healing roles and support ... and just switch when needed

4. See under 3 - already explained. Yes you can! You can totally mix and match whatever you want for every class...

If you need more info, just holler/shout out and we'll help as best we can

Love the indepth awnsers, thank you so much!

Your gonna hate this next question... But what would be the fastest way to make money as a new player? I can't I amagine low level crafting materials selling well, nor the low level crafted items.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzr View Post
    Love the indepth awnsers, thank you so much!

Your gonna hate this next question... But what would be the fastest way to make money as a new player? I can't I amagine low level crafting materials selling well, nor the low level crafted items.
    Unfortunately you're going to be fairly poor (By endgame standards) while leveling and there's not really a way to change that other than buying REX with IRL money and selling it for plat. Best you can hope for is to get lucky with some Greenscale's lock box drops. The lock boxes come in rare (Blue) epic (Purple) and relic (Orange) rarities and will go for about 30-40/70-80/170-180 platinum respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by LyonsLight View Post
    Unfortunately you're going to be fairly poor (By endgame standards) while leveling and there's not really a way to change that other than buying REX with IRL money and selling it for plat. Best you can hope for is to get lucky with some Greenscale's lock box drops. The lock boxes come in rare (Blue) epic (Purple) and relic (Orange) rarities and will go for about 30-40/70-80/170-180 platinum respectively.
    Looks like lock boxes is what I'll be shooting for.

How would I go about getting these lock boxes? Doing dungeons, or Rifts?

Rift Disciple

They are a random drop from everything. I have gotten them from normal mobs, and from rift mobs. They're just a rarer drop. Sometimes you'll get keys, too, that open the boxes - these also sell on the AH, just not for as much.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    They are a random drop from everything. I have gotten them from normal mobs, and from rift mobs. They're just a rarer drop. Sometimes you'll get keys, too, that open the boxes - these also sell on the AH, just not for as much.
    So I'll stock up on keys, then open the chest and sell said gear on the AH? Or should I just sell the chest itself.

So I'll stock up on keys, then open the chest and sell said gear on the AH? Or should I just sell the chest itself.
    Generally people just sell the boxes as they are, you're not guaranteed to get drops worth selling out of them. If you do feel like you want to open a few yourself wait until you're lvl 60 because any drops you DO get will be lvl appropriate for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LyonsLight View Post
    Generally people just sell the boxes as they are, you're not guaranteed to get drops worth selling out of them. If you do feel like you want to open a few yourself wait until you're lvl 60 because any drops you DO get will be lvl appropriate for you.
    Ah, okay. Thank you.

Sorry for the double post! Needed this bumped to get a question answered, asked a few times in-game and no one replied.. Anyhow, I was wondering if there is a Bank in Freemarch, and if not where would the closest one be located?

Sorry for the double post! Needed this bumped to get a question answered, asked a few times in-game and no one replied.. Anyhow, I was wondering if there is a Bank in Freemarch, and if not where would the closest one be located?
    The closest bank is in Meridian, which you will get too in just a little while, another hour or so of questing. Its got access to everything you need.

Ascendant

As for the lock box 'business' - many things you get from these boxes usually are either account bound or soulbound, so don't expect to be able to sell much of the stuff you get from the boxes. People sell the boxes for the 'chance' of what's in it ....

Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    Don't mean to step on your toes, but this is incorrect. Keys DO NOT drop from mobs anymore, and the only way to obtain the keys now are either via direct purchase from the Rift store, obtaining one from your weekly Patron gift, or buying them from other players in the auction.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Thank you all!

Ascendant

In my experience the highest drop rate seems to be from Major Rifts. Aside from seeing one out in the wild these tend to pop up during the larger zone events. So look for zone events and rifts marked as "major" but keep in mind that major rifts will require more people generally. You can't solo these unless you are well above the level of the rift itself.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

+ Reply to Thread