+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Opening item stacks

Telaran

Default Opening item stacks

Is it possible to open a stack of items at once such as the gems you get from mining instead of shift right clicking them one by one?

Telaran

No, either continue right clicking or else add the item to open to your actionbar and click the appropriate button

Telaran

Hmm, I'm able to shift open an item when binded to a key in my action bar, i didn't know that.
    I guess that's much better since it would at least increase the lifespan of my mouse.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Mak View Post
    Is it possible to open a stack of items at once such as the gems you get from mining instead of shift right clicking them one by one?
    Are you trying to open up the window that allows you to split a stack? I am able to do it by left-clicking the item in my inventory and using the slider to set how many items to pull from the stack.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding, and I will get more info for you.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Fasti; 04-24-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    Are you trying to open up the window that allows you to split a stack? I am able to do it by left-clicking the item in my inventory and using the slider to set how many items to pull from the stack.

Thanks!
    What they mean is how to open the extra materials you get from mining, for instance. You get a gem, and on opening you see which of the three materials (tourmaline, sphalerite or chrysoprase) you have. When you let them build up, you can easily get yourself RSI after a while if you have to open 50 or more in a row of those ... click to open, click to accept, click to open, click to accept. In spite of all requests to make a kind of 'open all' mechanism for these types of rewards, it's still not implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    What they mean is how to open the extra materials you get from mining, for instance. You get a gem, and on opening you see which of the three materials (tourmaline, sphalerite or chrysoprase) you have. When you let them build up, you can easily get yourself RSI after a while if you have to open 50 or more in a row of those ... click to open, click to accept, click to open, click to accept. In spite of all requests to make a kind of 'open all' mechanism for these types of rewards, it's still not implemented
    Turn on auto loot so that you don't have to click twice for each one. Just click to open, and it will automatically take everything inside.

PS: Please don't use the "white" color tag on your posts. It makes them not show up in quote boxes.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-24-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post

Thanks!
    I'm not talking about splitting a stack, like Faerugue said, I'm talking about opening a stack of item at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Turn on auto loot so that you don't have to click twice for each one. Just click to open, and it will automatically take everything inside.
    This option makes it so that you don't have to press shift while right clicking but it will still only open an item one by one.
    Last edited by Deadly Mak; 04-24-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Mak View Post
    This option makes it so that you don't have to press shift while right clicking but it will still only open an item one by one.
    I didn't say it wouldn't. But Faertongue was talking about needing to click twice for each item, which it will fix.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post

I see! Sorry, I am not sure why it wasn't clicking before, as it were.

Whenever you want to suggest a change to any game mechanics, you can submit the suggestion directly to the dev team in game.

+ Reply to Thread