+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zormus

Thread: Button recover

Shadowlander

Default Button recover

Hello

On the window "RIFT-Patcher" there is a "Recover" button. If you click on it, it shows a little window with the message "Would you like to begin file recovery? This process is time consuming" and 2 button Yes/No.
    What is the purpose of the Recover button?

Thanks in advance

"The Rift client was unable to load some data because it appears to be corrupted. This can cause visual bugs and crashes. Please run the 'Recover' option from the patcher as soon as possible"- if ever you receive that message while in-game, that's when to use Recover. This should search for and re-install any Rift files that have been corrupted (from my understanding).
    Last edited by Shattered; 04-01-2014 at 06:21 AM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Sword of Telara

Basically it goes through a thorough check of all your rift files to look for any damaged files, then it re-patches them, it's for when you have issues with the game that might be because of corrupt files.

Shadowlander

Ok. Thank you for your help

See you in game

Soulwalker

So about this "recovery button." I can't find it. I launch the game through Glyph and when the patcher window shows up there is no button. I'd really like to try using this since I apparently have corrupt files that are preventing a lot of graphics from showing up in game and I get the little warning message telling me so.

Quote Originally Posted by AkuDjinn View Post
    So about this "recovery button." I can't find it. I launch the game through Glyph and when the patcher window shows up there is no button.
    Right-click anywhere in the main part of the Glyph window (where the RIFT logo and background image are shown) and select "Repair" from the pop-up menu.
    Last edited by Zormus; 08-19-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

Soulwalker

Ahhh... thank you for the response.

Ascendant

For your information, the patcher was changed from the 'Rift patcher' to the 'Glyph patcher' in the last months. That's why it's better to not post in a really old thread that hasn't had responses in a long time (this is called necro'ing and usually not liked much), but create a new one for a new question.

Enjoy the game! Hope your problem was solved

Soulwalker

Default Recover data optiom

It wiould be much easier and clearer if a screen shot showing the situation was made. Telling us it was changed and we should be doing something different is useless and frustrating.

Just do it right !!!

+ Reply to Thread