+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seal

Telaran

Default Seal

Fresh 60 (2 days), just found the BiS seal, how do you afford it? It costs 3.6k on my shard and I have no job.

It can be bought with in-game currency that you will probably need to run zone events, dungeons and raids to save up for it. Some people take upwards of a year to get all the BiS stuff.

I would be surprised if its BiS and can be bought with credits. Also, if its BiS, it should have a rep requirement attached to it.

Which one is it, out of curiosity?

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

the only real cost is ~1.7k plat, for vendor reagent items.

rest can be farmed/earned.

have patience, and gather mats.

Telaran

It's Brilliant Carat Coruscation except that has wrong info, it's actually 104 Int/19 CP.
    I'm following BIS List with 61 Chloro (LBV) as the build.
    Last edited by Samodana; 02-13-2014 at 01:54 AM.

The one just below "best in slot" is still quite good, so you really don't have to go nuts with the BIS one as a fresh level 60. Use the one below best in slot and use Stellar Augment instead of Marvelous. I think it's a 20 point difference. Several K plat for 20 more points is something you worry about when you're at the bleeding edge of Raid progression.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    Use the one below best in slot and use Stellar Augment instead of Marvelous.
    use marvelous, not stellar. you'll be using the seal for a looong time, so why not put in a marvelous and get some more stats?

I'd suggest that you get any if not all of the gathering professions and spend time gathering materials either for someone to craft the seal but also to sell materials on the (AH) auction house. Will go faster then you think you make a couple of thousand plat since many that are doing their crafting daily quests buy materials rather then gathering it.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    use marvelous, not stellar. you'll be using the seal for a looong time, so why not put in a marvelous and get some more stats?
    I wouldn't recommend a new 60 use a 400-800 plat augment (i.e., Marvelous) on any but the BIS seal (+89). Unless you have 10s of thousands of plat to throw around willy nilly, then by all means. I was saying that using the next best seal (+78) with a Stellar Augment will cost several K plat less, but will only be about 20 points less. If one gets to higher tier Raiding, then start looking at the a BIS + Marvelous.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    I wouldn't recommend a new 60 use a 400-800 plat augment (i.e., Marvelous) on any but the BIS seal (+89). Unless you have 10s of thousands of plat to throw around willy nilly, then by all means. I was saying that using the next best seal (+78) with a Stellar Augment will cost several K plat less, but will only be about 20 points less. If one gets to higher tier Raiding, then start looking at the a BIS + Marvelous.

I think both me and "TheDoomgiver" are used to a bit more reasonable prices for those augments, I play on three shards in the EU and so far only one of them offers me cheaper materials then the augment itself.

Telaran

Alright, thanks guys. What tier of raiding should I get the BiS one for? Also, I've maxed butchering and have just been farming true hide for a while and I posted about 150 on the ah before I went to bed, so hopefully some of that has sold when I wake up

I've managed to down pretty much everything before I got my self a BiS seal, however it's more about how you as a player and the fellow guild/raiders you play with are "performing" better gear will make things easier and/or faster. I'd rather look at it in the way of what will give you the highest boost in terms of stats that you need for the least amount of currency/effort, get this first and then work towards the next item. Along the way you'll earn currencies and reputation needed for others things for "free" as well.

the major cost of a marvelous augment is the infinity cauldron. its usually 150-200 plat on EU servers.
    i can easily make a marvelous augment in less than 300 plat.

personally, i am using a marvelous augment + 2nd BIS seal on all my chars + lustrous runeshard. no BIS for me (not spending ~2k plat on a +11 stat boost. no sir. i'll wait for 3.0)

+ Reply to Thread