+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fairly New Player With A Build Idea - Critique Please. (Rogue)

Soulwalker

Default Fairly New Player With A Build Idea - Critique Please. (Rogue)

I didn't want to put this in guides because I have no idea if it would work. I was thinking of a way to combine the basics of bladedancer with the poison damage of assassin.

I came up with this...

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...Gh8Ag/ykw4AA/t

Would something like that work? I'm thinking maybe I didn't go far enough into either tree to really make it worthwhile.

Obviously you sacrifice a lot of abilities but the core ones are still there. Perhaps the poison damage would make up for it?

I'll keep my answers short and concise.

Quote Originally Posted by LegsKnees View Post
    Would something like that work? I'm thinking maybe I didn't go far enough into either tree to really make it worthwhile.
    Exactly this. 61 points or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by LegsKnees View Post
    Obviously you sacrifice a lot of abilities but the core ones are still there. Perhaps the poison damage would make up for it?
    No, it would not.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 02-06-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

That's what I thought. Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to be creative with builds and failing like usual.

Keep trying and see if you can find a build that you like that fits your playstyle. For soloing, do whatever you like, as long as you enjoy it. If you're looking for a spot in an end-game raiding guild, you will most likely need to have a few builds that they require of Rogues, but you can still have at least one of your own that you enjoy the most.

Coming up with your own builds, sub-optimal or not, is part of the fun of Rift. Considering you can have up to 20 builds, be sure to keep at least one build/role slot for your own fun and experimentation

Also, you don't need to post build ideas in the "Rogue Guides" section. You can also post in the "Rogues Discussion" section to get feedback. But keep in mind, some folks in those sections are going to be the least charming folks around. Even if the build has it's virtues, there are going to be people with severe socialization problems who are going to be 100% ****s about ANYTHING posted in there that doesn't conform with their particular view (sometimes even if it doesn't conflict, some folks are just full-time trolls). So just prepare to put the real problem children on ignore (the forums have an "ignore" feature as well) and don't take anything at all personally.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Generally speaking it is a 61 point or bust (there are a few exceptions, but i can only think of 3 for rogues), the day of the hybrid is sadly gone, and i still miss my melee ranger build

If you went to a 51 point BD build then it might start to redeem its self as you pick up the last and best of the rhythmic actions, to be honest I'm a bit tempted to give it a try as I'm not a big fan of the 61point Sin.
    Zahyn@Typhiria 65 Warrior, He's getting there... Slowly
    Mortdredd@Typhiria 65 Rogue, Been around since Day one. Don't ask me about Sparkwing, Pets, falling out/off/over things mid raid or Sparkwing
    Sabben@Typhiria 60 Mage, Getting Dwarfs drunk and shaving them since level 10
    Layarta@Typhiria 50 Cleric, Profesional Banking Alt

+ Reply to Thread