• 1 Post By Balabhadra
  • 1 Post By DunkingDunnkers
  • 3 Post By Asharoth
  • 1 Post By Kadeth
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Thread: New Player Finding Rift Too Easy

Shadowlander

Default New Player Finding Rift Too Easy

Hi there people. I know this subject matter has been looked at before, however as a new player I wanted to add my voice to say that I have been playing for about a week and reached level 15 and I find Rift incredibly easy. I ahve not died once and I only came close to dying one time. I am paying a dps mage and I can solo almost anything around 3 levels above me perhaps more. Aggro from enemies starts from way too close, they will ignore me unless I am standing right next to them.
    Does anyone else find that Rift is too easy?
    Perhaps Trion would consider making a shard for players who find the game too easy on their standard shards?
    Comments and views welcome.

I'm new as well, but that's just it, we're new.
    Considering neither of us are max level I personally don't think we can really judge if the game is easy or hard yet when we've only experienced a pinch pass the tutorial.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm technically returning (looks at her join date) but I did NOT get far at all when I first played, so I might as well be new.

Edit the sequel: Also, on my cleric I have going I got to 15 the day I created her. oO
    Though to be fair I just marathon'd that day.
    Last edited by RainyCake; 02-06-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Shield of Telara

You do not need to make 3 threads of the same thing. Matter of fact 2 of them will probably be locked.

Do you really want to spend 10 hour killing 1 boar for a task which requires you to kill 8?

Sarcasm out the way. If your talking about solo / questing then yes it's easy but as you go further higher level 40, 50, 60 then you can play hard instances which is no solo walk in the park.

Hard-mode encounters in Chronicles will give you the challenge you seek.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

It starts easy but the difficulty level rises as you progress. It's designed to teach new players how to play the game. You'll find it more challenging soon.

Btw, are you joining in fighting Rifts and Invasions? You may find yourself stretched by them.

Shadowlander

Great.

Thanks to everyone for their input. Especially those who gave mature informed views.

I did not happen to be trolling, I was just remembering my early character in WOW when it first came out and it certainly was not as easy as I am experiencing now.

It is great to hear that the game becomes more of a challenge later on, I hope that the naysayers of how easy it is that I have read in other threads and artciles are wrong.

I hope everyone enjoys the game.

When Rift first came out, it wasn't all that easy either. I'm sure they tweaked things here and there, even in WoW by now.

As others have stated, Rift is a progression game. Each zone you enter has its own challenges. The starter zones are designed with the new players in mind. There's a lot to learn in this game, lots to do and many ways to level up.

Run some low level dungeons with a good group, they are still challenging, because of the different mechanics.

Above all, enjoy your time in Telara and have fun!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Balabhadra View Post
    Great.

Thanks to everyone for their input. Especially those who gave mature informed views.

I did not happen to be trolling, I was just remembering my early character in WOW when it first came out and it certainly was not as easy as I am experiencing now.

It is great to hear that the game becomes more of a challenge later on, I hope that the naysayers of how easy it is that I have read in other threads and artciles are wrong.

I hope everyone enjoys the game.
    I thought exactly the same as you when I first started, I was blitzing through the content with no problems at all, even dungeons, but there are .. whats the word? .. stages? of difficulty as you go through the levels, it does get harder and you do have to start paying more attention to specs and gear, especially when you hit level 50 and start doing the SL content, and level 60 itself is a whole new kettle of fish, once you start doing SLE's and gearing up for raiding that's when you really notice the change.

A lot of games are going the "low to mid end is easy" route simply for retention of players, it's been found that people want content but they don't want to grind content and they don't want to have to put in as much work getting to the endgame content as they like to put into the actual endgame itself, so many games are making it easy to get to the cap level and harder to achieve everything you can at the cap level if you know what I mean. personally I miss games like Dark age of Camelot where it was a long haul to get to 50 and an even longer haul to gear up and be your best, but those days are gone, it's all about catering to as many people as they can and a majority of people want to get into endgame as quick as possible, I blame lobby games and FPS games for this.

The reason u find it too simple is that u played wow which is a similar mmo. As 4 me who never played mmo before this is a struggle but fun. I think u should maybee try a comletely different game if u need real challenges... ex if u have to aim to shoot nd so on. But I guess this will be a lot worse after lvl 50 -60 if u have patience to stay

Rift has been nerfed somewhat over the years. When it came out, I had a hard time getting out of the starting zone on my first toon, kept dieing. Then made it to Freemach (was defiant). That was a minor victory the first time - second toon was easy, I knew the mechanics and classes better by then.

Still there were Freemarch and Silverwood quests I dreaded and hated that I would need to do to level a new toon, they were tough to manage solo but, were not tagged as group quests, so I soloed them.

Now, it's a cake walk by comparison, through level 51 or 52 (you can do that without going into Brevane or Dusken (the Storm Legion Zones) after that, it' gets tougher, not bad to solo open world though but, harder.

Once you hit 50, you will be able to do chronicles, in fact you will have the planar atunment chronicle to do as soon as you hit 50, to celebrate that accomplishment and, introduce you to Planar atunement properly. That's your first solo chronicle and, it is no cake walk. That boss in there is a battle and, if you don't know the mechanics of that one, it can be quite deadly. If you know it, it's work but, not so bad, just takes time to bring it down.

There is another good solo chronicle at 60, and a lot of great 2 man chronicles. Then you have dungeons, raids, hunt rifts, crafting rifts, expert rifts, invasions, zone events, world events and so on all to give you a challenge.

Enjoy the cake walk while you can, it won't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    Rift has been nerfed somewhat over the years. When it came out, I had a hard time getting out of the starting zone on my first toon, kept dieing. Then made it to Freemach (was defiant). That was a minor victory the first time - second toon was easy, I knew the mechanics and classes better by then.

Still there were Freemarch and Silverwood quests I dreaded and hated that I would need to do to level a new toon, they were tough to manage solo but, were not tagged as group quests, so I soloed them.
    Yea, I remember a time when all the mobs in Vestige were elites. You needed a group just to complete the two lvl 15 quests in that area!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 02-07-2014 at 09:35 AM.

I also remember a time when one would never even cosider soloing and Elite that was their level or one or two levels higher than they were. Now, In the SL areas, you do a good bit of that and, survive it. It's a bit of work but entirely survivable as long as you know your toon and how to play it (and you should by then.)

I do miss those Vestige elites but I suppose that was a bit of rude wake up for first time players to hit that on day 1-3 of playing LOL.

Not so long ago Ember Isle was tough at 50, and that's when you were supposed to do it but, that was work. You didn't know how to make the most of your class and, you died a lot on EI. For the first few trips, getting from the travel stone to the docks was a bit scary, if you weren't paying attention, you might be dead before you got to the docks. Remember in chat seeing the fairly common "EI eats everyone." type of comments? We do need a zone like that for lev 60. Sure you CAN solo it but that is going to be hard and, the healer are going to make a tidy profit off your attempts to do so. That sort of thing would be perfect for a solo 60 zone that wasn't required to do but, could be done if you wanted to do it, like maybe Plane Touched Wilds *hint, hint to Devs.*

This thread is pretty much proof we need to not enable posting privileges until you are at least lvl 30. ;)

The only game where level 15 might matter is guild wars 1.

Remember in other big time MMOs like wow and the old republic, dungeons at 15 are a free for all. There is no real established roles, everyone is healer, tank, and dps.

Shadowlander

Its great to hear all the feedback from all the players who have been around for a while.

I admit I have to eat humble pie as I played for a little longer and found some fairly challenging parts of Rift. I have to say I was acutally very exited when my chatacter died for the first time. ;P

So anyways, I am sorry for anyone who assumed I was trolling, that was not my intention, it was only that I found the game very easy up to the point I had acheived and was worried about what I had read as well. Overall I am finding the game very enjoyable. It feels very refined with so many nice tweaks and touches.

Happy adventuring all.

+ Reply to Thread