+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie (well, kinda) using the sage preset?

Default Newbie (well, kinda) using the sage preset?

I gave the game a try a long time ago when it was p2p, but didn't find it interesting enough to subscribe at the time, so I didn't get far.
    Now that it's f2p I've been wanting to give it another shot!

I'm curious if choosing the preset sage was a good or bad idea for trying out healing.
    I'd like to use a preset for now since I'm getting the hang of things, so would this work out well enough for someone who wants to pve and ideally join in instances?
    I'm used to WoW when it comes to healing, at least with basic dungeon runs, but I know WoW is considerably easier compared to Rift from what I hear.

I originally bought the game so I have access to the stuff f2pers can get by purchasing something at least one time (if what I was told was correct), and if I like this enough I want to purchase the expansion. ^^

My advice is that you'd learn much better if you jumped right in and made your own build instead of using a preset to start. Making your own choices helps you to better understand what does and does not work.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    My advice is that you'd learn much better if you jumped right in and made your own build instead of using a preset to start. Making your own choices helps you to better understand what does and does not work.
    From what I remember I can mix and match souls in some way, so if I find this preset doesn't feel right I'll try something else.
    Though if I want to be a mage healer I'd have to have chloromancer no matter what, so I guess if I reset my main issue would be deciding what would be better than adding warlock and/or elementalist.
    Anyways, resetting within your class isn't too hard, is it?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RainyCake View Post
    From what I remember I can mix and match souls in some way, so if I find this preset doesn't feel right I'll try something else.
    Though if I want to be a mage healer I'd have to have chloromancer no matter what, so I guess if I reset my main issue would be deciding what would be better than adding warlock and/or elementalist.
    Anyways, resetting within your class isn't too hard, is it?
    To reset your souls (the three different "classes" that you can have on at a time) you just need to go to your class trainer and ask him to reset it for a small price. However, the more you reset the higher the cost.

If you are looking for a build, i highly suggest you go and check out the class guide forum for mages as they have some really nice and useful builds that you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearek View Post
    To reset your souls (the three different "classes" that you can have on at a time) you just need to go to your class trainer and ask him to reset it for a small price. However, the more you reset the higher the cost.

If you are looking for a build, i highly suggest you go and check out the class guide forum for mages as they have some really nice and useful builds that you can use.
    Awesome, thank you both.

+ Reply to Thread