+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golden

Thread: Buffs effect not showing?

Soulwalker

Default Buffs effect not showing?

Hello, I am new to the game and I was wondering, why do buff-effects not get shown when I highlight over them? They will show if I highlight a specific spot, but sometimes I just can't find that buff. I play a Mage-Warlock if that has to do with anything

Ascendant

Welcome to Rift and Telara!

To be able to give you an answer, I'm trying to understand what you mean - but I fail.... When do you want them 'shown'... do you mean that some of your abilities appear 'dark' in your bar and only light up when you target an enemy or a friendly player? Then it's conditional abilities ... (they don't work if the conditions aren't met) ... if it's anything else, please elaborate so we can help further...

Soulwalker

When I Highlight my mouse over the buff icon, it is completely normal, except for one thing.. The buff effect does not show.

IE: When I highlight over a buff that might give +5% critical hit, it will not show/tell me it increases critical hit by 5%, nothing will pop up so it doesn't inform me the 5% crit.

It sounds like you are looking for "tooltips", which if I'm not mistaken should be enabled by default.

Pic:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/attachmen...fused-veil.jpg

However if you press "ESC" -> "Edit Layout" and then find the tooltip anchor, check so it's not red which indicates that it's disabled. From here you can also drag it to a place and change the size of it that might suit you better.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

Soulwalker

Ty for that, but its not what I was looking for. I mean like.. the buffs on my target.
    Not my personal spells

Some buffs are not on your target, but on your character, especially ones that add %crit to your attacks.

Also, there are check boxes in the interface menu for adding or removing the visibility of buffs on targets. You may have changed one of those or you may wish to do so.
    Last edited by Golden; 01-19-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Soulwalker

Buffs effect not showing?-2014-01-19_161841.jpg

Now see those buffs that have 50 mins left and such? And the track plants?

When I highlight over those buffs with my mouse, they do not show what they do.
    So it should (I think) say "Tracking Plants" when I highlight over the Track plants icon, but it does not. Anyone know why?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lejx View Post
    Attachment 16616

Now see those buffs that have 50 mins left and such on my Target***? And the track plants?
    If he was targeting someone else, I could highlight their buffs and they would show what they do.

So it should (I think) say "Tracking Plants" when I highlight over the Track plants icon, but it does not. Anyone know why?
    That is what I had mean't to say, sorry. ... Cannot edit

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Overlapping UI elements does that. Check how big the elements actually are in edit layout mode, invisible parts and currently inactive elements can still sometimes do this.

Ascendant

So you mean that if you hover the mouse pointer over either your own buffs (right top of screen) or the buffs of another player/NPC, you don't get the tooltips for them (explaining what they do) ... like 'Track plants' with below it 'Shows the location of all Plants on the minimap' (like I have it on my harvester)... Is that correct? I've been looking around the UI and haven't found an option to turn tooltips off like it seems to have happened to you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lejx View Post
    Attachment 16616

Now see those buffs that have 50 mins left and such? And the track plants?

You might have some big UI element which is hidden in warfronts on top of them, check the Menu -> Edit Layout that there are no other UI elements on top of the buff bar.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    So you mean that if you hover the mouse pointer over either your own buffs (right top of screen) or the buffs of another player/NPC, you don't get the tooltips for them (explaining what they do) ... like 'Track plants' with below it 'Shows the location of all Plants on the minimap' (like I have it on my harvester)... Is that correct? I've been looking around the UI and haven't found an option to turn tooltips off like it seems to have happened to you ...

Yes that is what I mean't exactly

Soulwalker

I am bumping this
    Last edited by Lejx; 01-27-2014 at 04:21 PM.

I would reset your UI to default if I were you, I've looked around just as Faerugue did and I can't find any place where you can turn off your tooltip like you describe.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

+ Reply to Thread