+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Yo!

Soulwalker

Default Yo!

Hello everybody, I'm Adam, I was a Perfect World player for more than I can remember but I finally decided to leave the ******** and the P2W game I was playing, well, I'm having problems though, the soul tree thing is REALLY confusing, I joined "Bloodiron" (I dont know if I got this name right) server, I'd really appreciate someone helping me in-game, maybe join a guild or something since I understand nothing about the game, the questing is fabulous I guess and well, I do not know what class to pick, I don't want a magical class, and not into healing either, but I love DPS, so throw in some suggestions if possible Thanks in advance

Ascendant

Bloodiron is correct . Welcome to the game! Hope you'll enjoy. If, like many new players, you're not sure about the soul tree/talent system yet, just go with one of the presets until you figure things out. That way you can go on your merry way, do things in game and go back to creating your own specs later.

If you don't want magical (more cleric and mage like) you've got warrior and rogue to choose from, both good DPS classes. Both classes also can tank (if you want of course) and rogues can also do support (viably in dungeons and such). As per 3.0 which should arrive *some time (but not soon)* all classes will be able to fulfill all roles in game. Warriors are more melee based, rogues have more flexibility in ranged/melee specs. It all depends on your own preferences...

Becoming part of a good guild seems like a good plan (I don't play on bloodiron myself so I can't advise) but on most other servers, and I think that would be the same on Bloodiron, there's leveling guilds (press G in game for an overview, or check the chat channels for ads?).

Wishing you a great time with the game

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Bloodiron is correct . Welcome to the game! Hope you'll enjoy. If, like many new players, you're not sure about the soul tree/talent system yet, just go with one of the presets until you figure things out. That way you can go on your merry way, do things in game and go back to creating your own specs later.

If you don't want magical (more cleric and mage like) you've got warrior and rogue to choose from, both good DPS classes. Both classes also can tank (if you want of course) and rogues can also do support (viably in dungeons and such). As per 3.0 which should arrive *some time (but not soon)* all classes will be able to fulfill all roles in game. Warriors are more melee based, rogues have more flexibility in ranged/melee specs. It all depends on your own preferences...

Becoming part of a good guild seems like a good plan (I don't play on bloodiron myself so I can't advise) but on most other servers, and I think that would be the same on Bloodiron, there's leveling guilds (press G in game for an overview, or check the chat channels for ads?).

Wishing you a great time with the game

Thank you so much for your fast response, was really appreciated, and I guess I will go for a DPS warrior since I'm not into weapon switching so much, Thanks again

Soulwalker

Why cant I find Tempest in any of the roles of the warrior??

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

The Tempest soul for Warriors is one of the Storm Legion expansion pack souls. To access these souls you have a few options.

You can go into the in game RIFT Store and look under Services. You will find a Storm Legion Souls bundle that comes with these souls.

If you prefer, you can search local retailers, or online, for copies of Storm Legion. A code for the expansion pack can be applied to your account, and this will also unlock the souls.

If you have trouble redeeming a code for the expansion pack, submit a ticket with a GM and we will assist you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by zBobby View Post
    I joined "Bloodiron"
    Welcome to Rift, in case you might not be aware, Bloodiron is a PvP shard so after a few levels you might find yourself eating dirt a lot from a lot of max level 'kind' players.

Also bear in mind on a PvP shard you're limited to Guilds of your own faction etc, whereas on PvE shards Guilds have both Guardians and Defiants and both Factions can group up together for all the outdoor World stuff.

Server transfers are also free, once a week, on the off-chance you don't like PvP

Okay no mage, and probably not cleric to avoid the magic.

That leaves warrior if you like melee combat and rogue for ranged combat (archer). So decide if you want melee or ranged DPS then look at the guides section for that class and go from there.

The sould tree is pretty easy if you use a premade build (one of the presets) if not, you pick the souls and place points in the branches when you level up to gain the abilities that are in the roots of each soul you have chosen.

Each ROLE (or purpose) has 3 souls in it and, you can go to your class trainer and buy more roles. So say you are a rogue, you might have a Huntsman, Saboteur and, Bard role and, you can play any one of them you like at any time by changing roles.

+ Reply to Thread