+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does the game have a mature community ?

Soulwalker

Default Does the game have a mature community ?

Hello everyone. First of all I wish you all a happy new year.

I like the game from what I've seen on videos but I wonder what is the community like ?
    Is the world filled with people that just hate everyone and go 'round telling of their greatness or is it filled with more mature people that are playing the game for fun and will help a newbie ?

Also, how hard is it to find a good guild ? If the community is good I am downloading the game and I would prefer if I found a good guild at the start

Thanks in advance

There are good people and bad people, like all parts of life.

I'd say it's mostly good people.

Default Both to be honest with you

I have met some really great people in this game, and then I have come across some really child-like players. I think it really depends on where you choose to plant your self. Public chat seems to have quite a bit of Trolls at times.

But if you find a good guild, then you can be well off.

Also when you get into game, let me know (I am Rainel@Faeblight(I put @Faeblight at the end of my name in case you choose another shard if you do you will need to add @Faeblight to my name to get a hold of me, if you join Faeblight then you can just add "Rainel" to your fl) I wouldn't mind helping you out with a "starter kit" so to speak with some essences/gear/runes/weapons/ect to help you out in game. (Even a mount if you like, and want to tell me which one you would like (60% speed).

I will be able to get them to you on another shard, if you aren't on mine, it wont be an issue for me to do, it is a really nice community(Faeblight), imo. but then again I stay out of the public chat areas most of the time, and have no issue with putting players on ignore if i see them being rude to another xD.

Anywho, looking forward to hearing from you and helping you out (If you want the help). Cheers! ^,..,^

Soulwalker

Thanks for replying guys, I guess I'll be playing then

Oh and Rainel I'll remember to contact you

Default /curtsey

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggar View Post
    Thanks for replying guys, I guess I'll be playing then

Oh and Rainel I'll remember to contact you
    I will be looking forward to hearing from you! ope to see ya in game soon!

You'll find the low-level public channels tend to have some rude people in it - although there are avenues to ignore them and even silence them for a period on public channels. My guess is that some low-level players are just there to troll since it's a free game and so they 'lose' nothing other than their time.

Level 60 public channel and the crossevents channels are generally more mature although you'll occasionally get a troll or two (which you can just put on ignore). PvP channels tend to get more trolls and trash talk.

It also depends on your server/shard - Seastone (the pvp server) generally has more trolls/trash talk. The PvE servers, and the RP server - Faeblight, tend to be more mature.

Generally speaking the community is decently mature both in age and conduct. In the guilds I've been in, almost everyone is 21+; some married, some 30+ or higher/etc. Just like the average gamer's age (which is apparently 30+ now).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    It also depends on your server/shard - Seastone (the pvp server) generally has more trolls/trash talk. The PvE servers, and the RP server - Faeblight, tend to be more mature.
    ^^ I agree with this wholeheartedly... I'm currently attempting to lvl and find a guild on the Seastone (pvp) server. It's not that much of a challenge, but obviously you get certain types of players that get a 'complex' about them.

In this situation it's my fault because I picked a pvp server, but I just felt it would be more 'realistic' if the factions were actually at war instead of best buddies haha. But I'm having a hard time finding a guild to call home, and am currently seriously considering a shard transfer to better my chances of doing so...
    Last edited by Nairadbocc; 01-04-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    You'll find the low-level public channels tend to have some rude people in it - although there are avenues to ignore them and even silence them for a period on public channels. My guess is that some low-level players are just there to troll since it's a free game and so they 'lose' nothing other than their time.

Level 60 public channel and the crossevents channels are generally more mature although you'll occasionally get a troll or two (which you can just put on ignore). PvP channels tend to get more trolls and trash talk.

Generally speaking the community is decently mature both in age and conduct. In the guilds I've been in, almost everyone is 21+; some married, some 30+ or higher/etc. Just like the average gamer's age (which is apparently 30+ now).
    The rude are easily handled:

-left click the name

-at the bottom of presented list is report/ignore , just click it

And that chatter is gone from that channel chat ; repeat for all 'rude' chatters , and you will get to the real gamers still in that channel.

Soulwalker

Come to faeblight, even if you don't rp. While their are a few trolls, the majority seem like great people. I'm in several guilds on several alts, all cool peeps.

I'm just starting in Rift with my girlfriend and have been floored by the community. Generosity and a desire to help abounds, at least on the forums. When people make threads to complain about quality/server downtime, generally people don't get on the hate train.

I'm not sure of the in-game community but the forum people have me enthralled. Also, Faeblight people are everywhere on the forums it seems. Idk if that's a thing or just me, but it seems like a nice place.

@Nairadbocc Sorry if you are having a bad exp on Seastone, if you do indeed decide to come to Faeblightm feel free to add me as well, I would love to help you out in anyways I can. Or if anything send me tells if you have any question in game (will have to do Rainel@Faeblight) to get a hold of me) I wouldn't mind giving you any info I know on the game to help you out that way as well.

@Teddy Ruxpin Feel free to look me up on Faeblight as well, I am sure I could be of some assistance. And would love to help both of you out.

Actually this goes for anyone who is new and needs help, by all means please feel free to message me in game, I love helping and making other players game time enjoyable for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggar View Post
    Is the world filled with people that just hate everyone and go 'round telling of their greatness or is it filled with more mature people that are playing the game for fun and will help a newbie?
    It's more an issue of situational ethics than maturity really. There's senior citizens who troll and gank while there's teenagers who run mature raids. There's no telling who's behind the keyboard. The /ignore is your friend on every server, but you'll use it more Seastone and less on Faeblight. Those are the two ends of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainel View Post
    @Nairadbocc Sorry if you are having a bad exp on Seastone, if you do indeed decide to come to Faeblightm feel free to add me as well, I would love to help you out in anyways I can. Or if anything send me tells if you have any question in game (will have to do Rainel@Faeblight) to get a hold of me) I wouldn't mind giving you any info I know on the game to help you out that way as well.

Thanks sir, once I figure out how to send /tell's to people not mutually on my friends list Ill be sure to take you up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairadbocc View Post
    Thanks sir, once I figure out how to send /tell's to people not mutually on my friends list Ill be sure to take you up on that.

Ma'am, Sir would be my husband Tempestwrath in guild xD. All you will need to do is /t Rainel@Faeblight... or /t Rainel (if you are on faeblight already.) Or if you give me your in game name I can send you a tell my self, either way works. Hehe, looking forward to helping you out in game ^,..,^;V

Quote Originally Posted by Rainel View Post

Ma'am, Sir would be my husband Tempestwrath in guild xD. All you will need to do is /t Rainel@Faeblight... or /t Rainel (if you are on faeblight already.) Or if you give me your in game name I can send you a tell my self, either way works. Hehe, looking forward to helping you out in game ^,..,^;V
    OMG Im soooo sorry!!!! haha seriously no disrespect was meant, my fault I just went with my default prefix xP hope I can be forgiven...

And my IG name is the same as forums (Nairadbocc) I thank you for the info ma'am, much appreciated. Hope to learn more from you soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast