+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Confused on money in RIFT

Default Confused on money in RIFT

Hi. New player here.
    Are there three kinds of money in RIFT? If so, how can I earn them?

Sword of Telara

There's a lot more than three currencies, here's a link to a guide that explains most of them for you ...

http://blues-clues.com/rift/rift-cur...e-explanation/
    Asharak@zaviel: 60 Rogue
    Ashorath@zaviel: 60 Warrior
    Pinestone@zaviel: 60 Cleric

If you are referring to silver, gold and platinum: that's only one kind of money. 100 silver gets converted to 1 gold, and 100 gold to 1 platinum. This happens automatically and you never have to worry about it.

Asharoth - Forget ALL the curencies. OP is confused. While the link is good to explain all the currencies, I feel like it will confuse OP more.

As a player you will need to concern yourself with what you can actually use.

As Veldan has said, silver, gold, and platinum are what you can loot/earn/sell items for in game. this is self explanitory.

Next is REX, (I'm new to Rift too). You can purchase REX from the store, or you can pre-load credits on to your account and spend these in store as you wish (as far as i'm aware?).
    REX is used to add to or upgrade your character/items etc. EG: You want to buy a 4th/5th profession or bag slot etc... basically buy/spend REX if you want more out of the game than the free version has to offer. You buy REX with real money (electronic or otherwise)

Then there's all those currencies in the link above which you will concern yourself with towards the end of game or as you gain experience (the tokens etc). These are used to purchase specific items pertaining to certain things i assume, such as epic pvp gear for pvp, or epic raid gear for raids etc... read up on these, pretty sure these drop from mobs, loot etc...

like i said im new, but hope that helps give some clarity on the matter? just sharing my understanding, hope it helps [=
    Last edited by Narielia; 12-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.

One note, you NEVER want to spend a REX you bought yourself from the Rift store. It is MUCH more effective to buy 2 $5 credit packs than to buy one $10 REX. You would get more credits and more loyalty from the two packs.

Only buy REX from the Rift store to sell to other players in exchange for platinum or items.
    Last edited by Golden; 12-30-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Soulwalker

Another currency not mentioned in this thread that is important in the leveling process is Planarite. You get these from doing any invasion type event, rifts, world bosses, etc. You will also get the associated Sourcestone for your level(which you really only need a few of, the rest you can convert to more planarite.) These will get you really good gear for your level(better then quest gear sometimes even for 20+ levels.) There is a planar and rare planar vendor in each zone, and they are found right next to each other, usually in one of the early camps in the zone. Each zone has different gear so check the vender when you enter the new zone! I am new too, and have gotten more way more planarite then I even know what to do with, way more then is needed for this great gear I'm getting off these venders.
    Last edited by beanman; 12-30-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    One note, you NEVER want to spend a REX you bought yourself from the Rift store. It is MUCH more effective to buy 2 $5 credit packs than to buy one $10 REX. You would get more credits and more loyalty from the two packs.

Only buy REX from the Rift store to sell to other players in exchange for platinum or items.
    A tip about that tip, never suggest it to someone in the UK (maybe even the whole EU i'm not sure) because it's wrong for them, you're lucky in the US, in the UK (and probably the rest of the EU) we don't get the $5 package. Lowest we get is a £5 package (1150 credits i think) which is roughly $8.24 and a REX is £6.50 which is roughly $10.71 at current rates. Which means we don't get the cheaper method you describe
    Last edited by Asharoth; 12-31-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    There's a lot more than three currencies, here's a link to a guide that explains most of them for you ...

http://blues-clues.com/rift/rift-cur...e-explanation/
    Hi, thank you for replying to this post
    I clicked the link but all of the images are broken.

Telaran

A tip about that tip, never suggest it to someone in the UK (maybe even the whole EU i'm not sure) because it's wrong for them, you're lucky in the US, in the UK (and probably the rest of the EU) we don't get the $5 package. Lowest we get is a £5 package (1150 credits i think) which is roughly $8.24 and a REX is £6.50 which is roughly $10.71 at current rates. Which means we don't get the cheaper method you describe
    You have to compare how many credits you buy with £1, buying them with the £5 pack or with the REX. For € user, the pack (925 credits) is €5 and the REX €7.5 (1250 credits) but if you compare the cost of 1 credit, it is cheaper to buy packs and you earn more loyaulty per €. May be for £ users it is cheaper to buy REX ...

The REX has only to goals : sell it to other player to have platinium ($ vs pp) OR buy them to other player with platinium (pp vs credits). It is nonsense to buy REX for himself since the credit pack exist (direct $ vs credits).
    REX is the only way to have credits without buying them with real money.
    Last edited by werebadger; 12-31-2013 at 03:47 AM.

http://www.riftscene.com/featured/ri...rs-guide/#11.0

Use this new player guide. There is a section on currencies.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    http://www.riftscene.com/featured/ri...rs-guide/#11.0

Use this new player guide. There is a section on currencies.
    Thank you! This helped me a lot.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by werebadger View Post
    You have to compare how many credits you buy with £1, buying them with the £5 pack or with the REX. For € user, the pack (925 credits) is €5 and the REX €7.5 (1250 credits) but if you compare the cost of 1 credit, it is cheaper to buy packs and you earn more loyaulty per €. May be for £ users it is cheaper to buy REX ...

The REX has only to goals : sell it to other player to have platinium ($ vs pp) OR buy them to other player with platinium (pp vs credits). It is nonsense to buy REX for himself since the credit pack exist (direct $ vs credits).
    REX is the only way to have credits without buying them with real money.
    That has nothing to do with my point. My point is the US can buy two credit packs instead of a REX for the same price, we can't, we pay more than the US.

That has nothing to do with my point. My point is the US can buy two credit packs instead of a REX for the same price, we can't, we pay more than the US.
    I think you dont know what your point is maybe? His is 100% valid.
    US: $5 pack = 750 credits = 150 credits per US dollar
    US: $10 REX = 1250 credits = 125 credits per US dollar (bad deal if you want credits)
    EU: £5 pack = 925 credits = 185 credits per £
    EU: £7.50 REX = 1250 credits = 166 credits per £
    EU$: $6.85 = 925 credits = 135 credits per $
    EU$: $10.27 = 1250 credits = 121 credits per $

So, while the EU doesnt have a simple option of "buy 2 $5 and get more than the $10 rex," it boils down to costing almost the same(the EU credits are a little more.) But what the poster you were replying to was pointing out, is that is is definitely more cost effective to buy straight credits than to buy a REX and use it yourself. (Notice i said cost effective, not cheaper, since you would have to pay £10 instead of £7.50, but 185 credits for per £ is definitely cheaper than 166 credits per £.)
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    I think you dont know what your point is maybe? His is 100% valid.
    US: $5 pack = 750 credits = 150 credits per US dollar
    US: $10 REX = 1250 credits = 125 credits per US dollar (bad deal if you want credits)
    EU: £5 pack = 925 credits = 185 credits per £
    EU: £7.50 REX = 1250 credits = 166 credits per £
    EU$: $6.85 = 925 credits = 135 credits per $
    EU$: $10.27 = 1250 credits = 121 credits per $

So, while the EU doesnt have a simple option of "buy 2 $5 and get more than the $10 rex," it boils down to costing almost the same(the EU credits are a little more.) But what the poster you were replying to was pointing out, is that is is definitely more cost effective to buy straight credits than to buy a REX and use it yourself. (Notice i said cost effective, not cheaper, since you would have to pay £10 instead of £7.50, but 185 credits for per £ is definitely cheaper than 166 credits per £.)
    A) It would help if you got the prices right for the UK ones lol.
    B) I'm not talking about price per credit, i'll try and explain it again ...

US can buy two packs for the same price as a REX, UK can't we have to pay more to get the same , yes the individual credit price is less, but to get the same amount of credits as a REX we have to buy two bigger packs whereas the US can buy two smaller packs, it is cheaper for them to match a REX with paxks than it is for us.

US= 2x $5 (total of $10) = same number of credits as a REX
    UK = 1 x £5 (total of $8.24) = less number of credits as a REX, to get the same or more number of credits than a REX we have to pay £10 ($16.48)
    Last edited by Asharoth; 12-31-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Sword of Telara

Also you are comparing pounds to dollars. If you convert pounds into dollars it actually works out that the 185 per pound is roughly 115 per dollar so yup we pay more and you have better packages.
    Last edited by Asharoth; 12-31-2013 at 09:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast