+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phelim on the Moor

Thread: Things You Wish You Knew

Default Things You Wish You Knew

Hi there, my ign is Miumiu.
    I was just wondering if any older players would offer some words of advice in regards of things they wish they knew when they started. As a longtime mmo player, I know that I tend to make silly mistakes early on and only headdesk when I realize how careless or ignorant I was. Could someone offer a couple words of advice? And also, is patron worth buying? Thanks!

I'm currently lvl 13 and a rogue, going MM build path. I tend to be more pvp-orientated late game and I'm wondering if marksmen are any good for that.

Last edited by Phelim on the Moor; 12-17-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Oh my bad, guess I didn't browse threads thoroughly enough. Thanks~

Default Puzzles and cairns

If your a quester each area has a puzzle and cairn. Each provide nice gear for the levels and achievements. That's one thing that I didn't see posted in the links.
    This is a good starter site for you if yor interested in this part of the game.
    http://www.kfguides.com/rift/puzzlesguide.php
    Good luck with your Rift Adventure. As far as patron, for me I played Rift in beta and became a patron when the game went live, I will continue as long as Rift is around to be a patron. Some will disagree but it works for me. Again good luck and welcome!
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

If I had to mention one thing it would be that you can get REALLY good gear very easily by getting a little planarite (currency generally gotten from closing rifts and killing riftspawn) and special purple sourcestones - I believe called corrupted sourcestones at that level.

Participating in zone events (invasions from the planes) generally gives stones but even more importantly killing certain enemies also gives them even if the enemies are rather weak. In Freemarch (defiant starter area) killing a special (and not at all difficult) crocodile, wolf, pig and cow all give stones. Easy mobs levels 8-12 or so and none elite. Crocodile on a peninsula near Kalari Refuge, wolf just above the refuge, pig in a farm on the way to Meridian from the Ark and cow - I think its a cow - on a farm near the cheeseloving NPC that challenges you. Guardians have it a bit harder their mobs tend to be elite and not readily soloable at level other than a wolf near Sanctum Watch.

For one stone and 100 planarite you get really good pants. For just planarite you get a weapon and chest armor. Each stone can be redeemed for 50 planarite. Other goods are for sale. See the rare planarite vendor in King's Retreat or Argent Glade South.

+ Reply to Thread