+ Reply to Thread

Thread: buying storm legion or unlocking the SL souls via riftstore?

Soulwalker

Default buying storm legion or unlocking the SL souls via riftstore?

so i have been wondering what pays off better? do i get anything additional IF i buy the rift SL?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by reapers4 View Post
    so i have been wondering what pays off better? do i get anything additional IF i buy the rift SL?
    You get exactly what it says you get, no more no less.

If it doesn't say you get the souls, you do not get the souls.

Getting F2P Benefits
    As a new player, what you should be looking for are:
    • The Rift base/ original game
    • The Rift: Storm Legion game

The Rift base /original game will give you:
    • 6 Character slots per shard/server
    • 5 Unlocked bag/inventory slots per character/ toon
    • 30 days of paid game time/Patron status
    • 7,000 Loyalty points for the 1 month of Patron status

The RIft: Storm Legion Expansion will give you:
    • the 4 Storm Legion souls:
      • Harbinger (Mage)
      • Defiler (Cleric)
      • Tactician (Rogue); and
      • Tempest (Warrior).
    However, most for-sale versions of Rift: Storm Legion (the ones that do NOT have the words "Expansion" or "Expansion Only" written across it) include the base/ original Rift game by default. So when purchasing the Rift: Storm Legion edition that is NOT "Expansion Only", you get all of those base/ original Rift rewards above as well as the 4 Storm Legion souls.

The best way to identify if the version of Rift: Storm Legion you're shopping for includes the base/ original Rift game is if the product description makes mention of 30 DAYS OF GAME TIME/ 1 MONTH OF PAID TIME/ 1 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION, etc. or some combination of those words. The only version of Rift that has a 30 day sub included is the base/ original Rift game. So if the version of Rift: Storm Legion you are looking at says it has the 30 day sub, that means the base/ original Rift game IS INCLUDED, and you will get all of the base/ original Rift game F2P benefits (listed above) when you apply the game code to your Rift account.

The ideal purchase to make would be to find a box copy of Rift: Storm Legion that includes the base/ original Rift game. That gives you everything you'll need (aside from an account-wide mount, which you can get with one of the "Upgrade Editions" you can find in the Trion Account Management pages).

If you can't find a copy of Rift: Storm Legion that includes the base/ original Rift game, the next best (maybe even better) thing is to:
    • Find a copy of the base/original Rift game (to get all the account-wide benefits mentioned earlier)
    • Buy the Storm Legion soul pack from the Rift Store. Getting the souls from the Rift Store with Rift Store Credits will also get you a considerable amount of Loyalty (4x Rift Store Credits required for purchase)

Hope that helps.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

+ Reply to Thread