+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New to Rift !

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift !

Taking any and all suggestions, I haven't logged into steam or played an MMO in about year and half.

I played WoW for a while as both a Warrior and Rogue, my basic questions are what is a good class to start off with and whats the typical time line to reach an "end game" status. Thank you !

I will be looking for a guild/alliance if they have that in RIFT.

A lil about me, im stationed on Ft. Bragg in NC and currently serve in the US army. My names Nate and im from Miami, Florida and use to be pretty active when it came to MMOs, I miss it and seen this was F2P so im jumping in.

Airborne !
    Fabrikus - Cleric - FaeBlight
    Ft Bragg, NC. Airborne !

Soulwalker

I am currently leveling a Cleric on Grey somthing server
    Ft Bragg, NC. Airborne !

Rift Disciple

Hello and welcome , i think you should just test the class to see the one you like better, i don't think there is a better one to start with =)
    I'm a cleric too i'm Yeuo@faeblight if you want to ask me some question in game ( you can chat corssserver don't forget the @faeblight) =)

Welcome to Rift! Ft. Bragg woot! Go Airborne! The Airborne Museum in Fayetteville is awesome!

There are plenty of great class guides on the forums, so not sure what you like to play, but my main is a Rogue and I highly recommend this solo spec here. If you don't have the Tactician soul, put 4 points into Bard for the Endurance buff.

I love my Rogue! And I'm also on Faeblight (*waves to Yeuo* Hey Lil bro! )

As for timeline to reach endgame, it depends on your play style. I feel that you level almost too fast in Rift, because I enjoy the journey I returned to Rift this year in April and had a lvl 50 and a lvl 26 Rogue, both have been level 60 for a few months now.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 12-04-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Welcome to Rift! Ft. Bragg woot! Go Airborne! The Airborne Museum in Fayetteville is awesome!

There are plenty of great class guides on the forums, so not sure what you like to play, but my main is a Rogue and I highly recommend this solo spec here. If you don't have the Tactician soul, put 4 points into Bard for the Endurance buff.

I love my Rogue! And I'm also on Faeblight (*waves to Yeuo* Hey Lil bro! )

As for timeline to reach endgame, it depends on your play style. I feel that you level almost too fast in Rift, because I enjoy the journey I returned to Rift this year in April and had a lvl 50 and a lvl 26 Rogue, both have been level 60 for a few months now.

All the way !

Thats good, I played the hell out of my Rogue in WoW. Ill be bouncing back and fourth with two classes to level up. I just had a minor surgery done so I am on com leave for ten days. Which is just in time for me to be cleared for a Chinook jump on the 12th for the Christmas toy jump which I am very excited about as it will be foreign wings jump for all special operations units !
    Ft Bragg, NC. Airborne !

Soulwalker

I just hit ten, I do like that leveling seems to be pretty quick which I for one enjoy as it lets me experience all the classes if I do get into the game, thus far I am enjoying it.
    Ft Bragg, NC. Airborne !

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yeuo View Post
    Hello and welcome , i think you should just test the class to see the one you like better, i don't think there is a better one to start with =)
    I'm a cleric too i'm Yeuo@faeblight if you want to ask me some question in game ( you can chat corssserver don't forget the @faeblight) =)

I will be hitting you up !
    Ft Bragg, NC. Airborne !

Rift Disciple

grats on ten

Rift Disciple

Hello Aggy ^_^_^_^_^ ( sorry for the double post )

Quote Originally Posted by Cyker View Post
    All the way !

Thats good, I played the hell out of my Rogue in WoW. Ill be bouncing back and fourth with two classes to level up. I just had a minor surgery done so I am on com leave for ten days. Which is just in time for me to be cleared for a Chinook jump on the 12th for the Christmas toy jump which I am very excited about as it will be foreign wings jump for all special operations units !
    OMG are you serious? You are going to jump out of a Chinook? LOL My ex was Airborne and he did jump out of a lot of different planes. I think he repelled from a Chinook, didn't know you jumped out of them, too! o.0

You all jump into Sicily drop zone?

Grats on 10, now do it all again on Faeb! Leveling is really fast and easy here! Rifts and Instant Adventures give you a lot of XP. Once you hit level 10, I highly suggest you join some Instant Adventures. You will get a special sourcestone currency and you can buy some nice low level purple gear for your character.

If you come to Faeblight, join the Defiance side. I know Freemarch like the back of my hand and can show you around!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 12-04-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Welcome to Rift, I wish you the best of times.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Get a rogue - that I think, by far, the easiest class to play. I can't recall how many times I'd snoozed while playing in dungeons. High DPS, very mobile tanking and recently could raid heal better than a mage.

Get Warrior - if you are into bodily contact and sweat-rubbing insane melee dps. Also really good tankers. Sucks at range - not sure if i'm going to cry or laugh whenever they're pew-pew'ng as range in Warfront.

Get a mage - if you wanna felt like royalty. Nobody will ever blame you suck even if you really suck. They seemed to be more forgivable if you do bad in lower dungeon healing and they'll say your dps is so high it was not really your fault for aggroing the mobs before the tank does.

Get a cleric - if you feel like being one of those resilient step-children. The most complex class that is super flexible but never really given the chance to excel at one role. Also a subject of nerfing whenever those other classes are moaning about everything that went wrong in PvP.
    Olumis 60 Cleric Laethys
    Lumis 60 Cleric Greybriar
    Luminus 60 Cleric Bloodiron
    Olumis 60 Cleric Typhiria

Im posting to say hello too, Im new to the game, I think I will try the Warrior class first. I tried on other MMORPGs Rogue class using daggers, backstabbing and causing huge amounts of damage and then run like a coward. Now I want a character which can cause good amount of damage and can stand the damage enemies produce.

One nice thing about Rift, is that any one class can still achieve a variety of styles. You can change roles to be a tanking rogue or cleric, or have your cleric in DPS.

There are really a lot of choices so just start with what looks fun to you. Down the line, you have a lot of freedom to change your build or fill another role within the same class. A lot of folks build two roles for their character...it often feels like leveling your main while thinking you're playing an alt.

I used to be stationed in Ft Bragg, my dad served, and he had a friend that was part of the Golden Eagles. I watched them a few times.

If you haven't already found a guild, consider Grievance on Wolfsbane. ( http://grievancegaming.org/ ).

I didn't answer your other question about how long it takes, because Rift has a lot of fun distractions. Take your time to level, there is too much to see and experience!
    Thamin, Recruiting Officer, Grievance
    Co-Host, Debuffed: The Star Citizen Report
    GrievanceGaming.org

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Cyker View Post
    All the way !

As someone who enlisted for airborne but scrubbed out in the first run, that jump sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with it and welcome to Rift!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast