+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonus planarite

Soulwalker

Default Bonus planarite

Recently, a friend and I, returned to Rift after a good year or two. Back then we had both subscribed to the game for a couple of months.
    Now that we returned after it turned free to play, we both received a couple of benefits. Also, we both bought the Storm Legion souls.

However, I seem to be constantly getting a moderate bonus to all planar currency earned. This applies to both planarite and sourcestones. For instance whenever I earn 50 Inscribed Sourcestones for one of the daily quests on the ship wreck in Freemarch, I always get an extra 8. Or sometimes when I earn a vile sourcestone during Instant Adventure, I get an additional bonus sourcestone.

Now my question is, why does this happen to me but not to my friend? I can't remember what I did to trigger this. I always assumed it was one of the many perks you get when you return after you've been a subscriber, but this doesn't seem to be it.

There is a subscriber bonus, "Token" bonus and it applies to token currency and planarite. There's also a guild perk for dungeon marks and the higher tier tokens.

Patrons get a %15 bonus currency gain and it's always on. If you aren't a patron then I have no idea. Sorry.

Soulwalker

Thanks for your input!
    It does sound indeed like I have patron status but I never subscribed since I started playing again.
    I checked my account page, too.

Is there a way to check if you currently have patron status? I wasn't able to find anything like that.

Ascendant

Press C and see the right top of the screen. If you're married, there's a wedding ring, if you're a patron there is a very tiny purplish thingy to the right of your level/name/faction/class bar that will say 'You're a patron'

Last edited by Faerugue; 09-13-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Rift Chaser

I get this as well and am not a patron. I just thought it was normal.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Champion

I am guessing you are in a guild then and the guild have bonus on planarites and stones as a guild perk. Press G, go to guild perks and check them and you will probably find your answer there.

Soulwalker

Thanks again for your guesses.

I checked my character screen but there's nothing in the top right corner.
    Also, I am indeed in a guild but so is my friend (in the same one). And we don't have the bonus planarite guild perk yet.

It's interesting though that Span seems to have the same inexplicable bonus.

Oh and my friend often complains that I can ride faster than him even though our mounts are the same. So it does sound like the patron effects are active

Telaran

I don't know what's going on with this either - my husband consistently gets 15% bonus on everything and I only get 5% - neither of us are patrons and we are both in the same guild with the same perks. Neither of us have tokens, vials or anything else running.

I think this whole bonus thing is bugged.
    Cenkala level 60 - Defiant Warrior - Wolfsbane
    Cenyala level 60 - Guardian Cleric - Wolfsbane
    Cenyana level 60 - Guardian Rogue - Wofsbane
    Centuriana level 60 - Defiant Mage - Wolfsbane

Shield of Telara

Does anyone have the moneybags trinket equipped?
    Smidge
    and his Circus of Alts
    finding new, exciting ways to die every day!
    Coming soon - Smidges Theory of Everything -SmidgesToe.com

There is something buggy going on, that's for sure. I didn't used to get any bonus, but after a 3-day Patron Pass, the passive bonus to currency never turned off. I reported it in-game, but they haven't done anything about it for a few weeks now.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. 15% more stuff is extremely nice to have, though I feel a little guilty getting things I pretty clearly don't deserve.

(And before anyone asks, I get the bonus with an unguilded toon wearing a DPS Trinket, so it's definitely the Patron Bonus)

Soulwalker

I think I had a 3-day patron pass, too, for some reason. At least I remember that when I reactivated my account it said something about 3 days remaining.
    Seems like these bonuses are in fact a remnant of the patron bonuses.

To further test our theory my friend has now bought a 3-day patron pass just for the heck of it
    Will report back after those 3 days to see if he gets to keep the same bonuses I did.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TaoOfRogue View Post
    Does anyone have the moneybags trinket equipped?
    I havent in a long time and get a bonus and no idea why.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Soulwalker

My friend and I both have the moneybags trinket equipped but that only gives you bonus to coin, not to planarite.

Soulwalker

Just to update you on this issue:

Now that my friend's patron status is expired he also gets the same bonuses like me (15% bonus planarite, 10% mount speed bonus).

+ Reply to Thread