• 1 Post By oovarvu
  • 1 Post By Renshai
  • 2 Post By Ahlli
  • 1 Post By Cynics
  • 1 Post By Charlice

Thread: auction house loyalty

Soulwalker

Default auction house loyalty

i have found that i need 1500 loyalty to use the functionality however i'm not sure how to go about getting the loyalty required.

if i spend say £5 and get the lowest number of credits available will that be sufficient or will i need some more?

The base credits purchase will get you sufficient loyalty to use the store. The other option is to purchase a single "REX" from the Auction House and use it. It awards you 1,250 credits and I think 2,500 Loyalty, which is enough Loyalty to be able to sell on the AH. The price of REX varies wildly from 1,000-1,400 platinum these days, so it's not a quick thing to get. However, I'm noticing the price of pre-Storm Legion raw materials these days is going up pretty steadily, as are the prices for "Artifacts" you get while fishing and/or roaming the game world. So it's actually not as difficult to get the platinum required to purchase the REX off of the store.

The big problem, however, is trying to sell those raw materials without selling on the AH.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Soulwalker

thank-you for taking the time to reply.

i will do a minimum spend.

fwiw i'm not some sort of scrouge i'm just maxed out on game spend with eve and wot.

No worries. As a reference, for every Rift Credit you purchase, you get 2 Loyalty. When you spend those credits, you get 2 more Loyalty.

So by purchasing 750 Credits, you get 1,500 Loyalty off the bat. When you're done spending it, you should have 3,000.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Default I think it's stupid as all get out..

Like seriously.. we can't use the AH, so as low lvls we can't make decent money for anything.. I've tried to sell things with the general chat (lvls 1-29), (-.-) reminds me of WoW's Trade chat at 10pm.. one word.. "POINTLESS" I do NOT understand the "Spend real money to use AH.." it's POINTLESS, I am only playing this game because we had to tighten our belts with my fiancé loosing his job and my sister thought I should try this game.. (my fiancé did get a new job btw..) But now with our daughters 1st birthday fast approaching we are spending our money on her birthday and presents so I'm stuck with this game a while longer.. It's a decent game.. but the whole AH (loyalty) thing just pisses me off... I grind my quests and get good greens, and have to vendor them.. money down the drain.. it pisses me off.. They should have it where you play for so many days and you earn some loyalty.. that would be a better deal than that pay real money crap.. (-.-)

I'm sorry you are frustrated trixie. If you are having issues getting gear or money and you are on my server I can help you out. Just send me a message, Laoshi, and I can help.

You have to consider that you are paying a pretty high quality game (I think better than WoW by far, especially since its only been out for 2 years) for free. Some things you have to pay for, and its worth it, but I understand you being strapped for cash, my wife and I are also preparing for a 1 year old's birthday!
    Last edited by Renshai; 07-26-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    LF1M DPS for TDQ. Must have minimum 420 hit and 8000k DPS on dummy. PST

Quote Originally Posted by TrixieTheTrickster View Post
    They should have it where you play for so many days and you earn some loyalty.. that would be a better deal than that pay real money crap..
    Playing for X days doesn't give them a dime to pay for more content, bug fixes, ect... Having to buy $5 worth of credits however does, so your idea is far from a better idea. Also it's not like you're paying for AH access, you get to spend the credits on other stuff.

Every F2P has to make money somehow, they need to do something that gets everyone to part with a little cash, because they need money to pay for development, and infrastructure. They don't run Rift as a charity after all. They have to turn a profit.

So it's either something like having to spend $5 on other stuff to get AH access, or else it's having to pay for quest zones like in LotRO, or pay for cheap gimics like in the Cryptic games... That or else see no more content updates, or perhaps even have the game shut down.
    Last edited by VanorDM; 07-26-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Soulwalker

Like seriously.. we can't use the AH, so as low lvls we can't make decent money for anything.. I've tried to sell things with the general chat (lvls 1-29), (-.-) reminds me of WoW's Trade chat at 10pm.. one word.. "POINTLESS" I do NOT understand the "Spend real money to use AH.." it's POINTLESS, I am only playing this game because we had to tighten our belts with my fiancé loosing his job and my sister thought I should try this game.. (my fiancé did get a new job btw..) But now with our daughters 1st birthday fast approaching we are spending our money on her birthday and presents so I'm stuck with this game a while longer.. It's a decent game.. but the whole AH (loyalty) thing just pisses me off... I grind my quests and get good greens, and have to vendor them.. money down the drain.. it pisses me off.. They should have it where you play for so many days and you earn some loyalty.. that would be a better deal than that pay real money crap.. (-.-)
    It keeps the gold farmer/sellers from making a million free accounts to sell stuff.
    It may be unfortunate for it's impact on a those that are cash strapped but they did make the purchase requirement fairly minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Renshai View Post
    I'm sorry you are frustrated trixie. If you are having issues getting gear or money and you are on my server I can help you out. Just send me a message, Laoshi, and I can help.

You have to consider that you are paying a pretty high quality game (I think better than WoW by far, especially since its only been out for 2 years) for free. Some things you have to pay for, and its worth it, but I understand you being strapped for cash, my wife and I are also preparing for a 1 year old's birthday!
    Congrats to your little ones B-day!! I'm on ThreeSprings. I do like this game, don't get me wrong, it's a good game for being free.. but I am a 6+ year WoW player.. I can't lie.. I miss my WoW.. lol So many alt-toons sitting there waiting for their nice gear... saddens me. And I get they need money.. but I still find it stupid. I don't want credits.. I just wanna be able to make up money by myself.. to afford things on the AH that I worked hard for.. to feel like I accomplished something.. like the feeling I got when I saved up my 20k to get my Traveler's Tundra Mammoth.. that's just how I am..

Congrats to your little ones B-day!! I'm on ThreeSprings. I do like this game, don't get me wrong, it's a good game for being free.. but I am a 6+ year WoW player.. I can't lie.. I miss my WoW.. lol So many alt-toons sitting there waiting for their nice gear... saddens me. And I get they need money.. but I still find it stupid. I don't want credits.. I just wanna be able to make up money by myself.. to afford things on the AH that I worked hard for.. to feel like I accomplished something.. like the feeling I got when I saved up my 20k to get my Traveler's Tundra Mammoth.. that's just how I am..
    @Trixie
    No offence but that's a pretty stupid thing to say. Your mad that the auction house is locked and you need to unlock it by spending either 1k plat ingame ( roughly for a REX ) or 5 euros ONCE, yet you'd rather play WoW which REQUIRES you to pay monthly up to 26 euros per 2 months. Let's compare incase you didn't get it ;

-Rift = 5 euros -> lifetime unlock of auction house.
    -WoW = 26 euros PER 2 months or else account gets locked

WoW earns money by their subscription, Rift earns money this way and by their OPTIONAL cash shop.

Rift wins hands down here on the financial part. If you want to save money, stop whining, spend 5 bucks on some credits and buy XP vials or whatever and unlock the auction house in Rift.

~Re.
    Reanimation - 18 "I-Heal-Yoooo Tank" -Shard: Zaviel -Guild: KageOni -Streaming: www.twitch.tv/rancidrode

I'd rather see players like you, carry on about it, than the AH be flooded with plat sellers rubbish.

No one is stopping you buying anything on the AH. You just can't list on it.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

I realize I am quite a few months late on this reply. However, I cant not agree with Trixie and totally agree with Cynics here. I just started playing again, My problem is I have another account that I started this game in beta that I don't want to go back and re-roll just for the benefits.

This is a free game, I think it is totally awesome that we can play the game as much as we want and not have to totally freekout at the end of the month wondering if were going to be able to pay a monthly sub. If your strapped for cash one month you can STILL play! unlink WoW where you BUY the game and BUY the expansions then if you don't pay them at the end of the month you CAN'T play the game you bought at ALL! If I had to do things all over and had a choice to buy a new game one that requires me to pay monthly or I just can not play or one that I can play and have the option to do more and the content is great on both... I choose play hands down.... Just my 2 cents. I am loving this game.

Welcome to Rift and it's great that you like it.

However, you have to be careful because thread necro is against forum rules.
    Pantz@Hailol
    If you expected the world to be fair with you just because you are fair, you are fooling yourself. That's like expecting a lion not to eat you just because you didn't eat him.
    But that's no reason to stop being nice to others though. Be nice to everyone and hopefully, people will follow you and be nice to others themselves.

Closed Thread