+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By neverwhere2012

Thread: Point of conquest and how to play it ?

Default Point of conquest and how to play it ?

Well just reach 60 level. And i don't understand this conquest when i join i have like 1-2 groups at max which idk what are doing. Whenever i see the enemies they are like over 40 so what's the point of it ?

Plane Touched

It's 3 faction raid v. raid v. raid. There's a PVP element to it and a PVE element and both are viable ways to win.

The Goals when Conquest starts:

First Faction to control 65% of the control points on the map begins the 5 min. countdown to the end.

Killing 2000 players from all factions over the course of the match starts the timer.

When the 5 min. timer expires, the faction controlling the highest percentage of the map wins.
    ----------------------
    If you look around on the PVP forums, you can find information on existing alliance chat channels that form pre-made groups to enter Conquest. These groups don't always win against the teams that are all pugs -- it all depends on who the leader is, whether or not the PUG faction(s) have someone step up to lead, and whether or not anyone is listening to that leader.

Some leaders will capture control points only to complete the daily quest (from Tempest Bay) and focus more on kills (also a weekly quest for kills). Either way is a path to winning. Capturing control points -- IF a team has things together -- is generally the fast way to win and can result in the shortest match. This is good and bad since you also want kills for your weekly and for Prestige.
    ----------------------------
    Why do you want to do Conquest? Because you find it fun, otherwise don't do it, you don't need to.

Why is it worth doing? You can get a really awesome trinket from it for PVP and PVE, and Conquest points give buffs to your toon that are equally useful in PVP and PVE. However, both are a grind, if you hate it, don't do it. You can still be awesome in raids without it.
    -----------------------------

If you decide to do Conquest, then always watch Conquest chat. If someone is leading, follow their direction, stay with your group, don't argue with the leader. Try to have fun -- even if you're losing you can still work towards completion of dailies/weeklies and grinding prestige/favor/marks for PVP gear. You can come and go from Conquest at will, there's no penalty like in a Warfront, so you aren't obligated to stay the duration of a match if it's going poorly.

Personally, I like hopping in every once in a while for something different to do. Eventually I'll get the trinket I want and the patch today will make the little bit of CQ power I accumulate last longer. It reminds me a lot of the Ettenmoors in LOTRO, but far more interesting. Hope this helps.

Nice explanation ty.

+ Reply to Thread