+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player seeking Warrior advice.

Soulwalker

Default New player seeking Warrior advice.

So i'm a new player, i was playing around with a cleric healer there for a while then decided i wanted to go with a warrior dps. I remember when i played a few at launch there were seperate tree's for 2 handed (i do believe champion) and a duel wielding tree (i think paragon), There is nothing within the talent tree's that separate the two now it seems.

So my question is there any reason to pick a specific spec for duel wielding? and if so what soul tree's should i be using? If it doesn't make a difference i will probably do a champ build cuz i like the bull rush

All souls work with 2-handers and dual wield now. Dual wilding will give you more stats when you look at equal level of weapons, but you will be swapping weapons so fast while leveling that grab whatever looks like an upgrade and run with it.

Sounds like you'll continue to enjoy your champion

Quote Originally Posted by blazinfire11 View Post
    So i'm a new player, i was playing around with a cleric healer there for a while then decided i wanted to go with a warrior dps. I remember when i played a few at launch there were seperate tree's for 2 handed (i do believe champion) and a duel wielding tree (i think paragon), There is nothing within the talent tree's that separate the two now it seems.

So my question is there any reason to pick a specific spec for duel wielding? and if so what soul tree's should i be using? If it doesn't make a difference i will probably do a champ build cuz i like the bull rush
    For solo spec I usually recommend Warlord/Paladin/X but many use a Warlord/Champ spec for the aoe. With this setup you will have 2 charges with a 30m range when specced (one is aoe and in the next patch will no longer share the same cd) and Bull Rush.

Good luck
    Perma Band in 9 continents and one Solar System!

Soulwalker

So would the paragon/warlord build be viable in pvp/pve situations? I'm just a person that enjoy's doing something different from everyone else, and everyone else seems to always play a riftblade build...

So would the paragon/warlord build be viable in pvp/pve situations? I'm just a person that enjoy's doing something different from everyone else, and everyone else seems to always play a riftblade build...
    Melee classes tend to burned down quickly without a pocket healer, partly because of disconnects, nearly everyone plays a ranged class, and those classes have the utility to get out of melee with roots, snares, teleports or speed buffs. I think you should try it out and judge for yourself. If you are having fun playing a certain spec, then stick with it and have fun.
    Perma Band in 9 continents and one Solar System!

Soulwalker

I see this dozens of times a day and it speaks to a fundamental misunderstanding of how Rift is designed. Your leveling spec is not supposed to be effective in every situation. Your class trainer sells "Roles". The idea is that you keep a PVE spec, PVP spec, tanking spec, DPS spec and switch to that Role when needed. Make sense? So how effective your PVE spec is in PVP is totally irrelevant since you can buy a new role and load it up when you PVP.

+ Reply to Thread