+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hotter
  • 1 Post By leaa

Thread: Least played Class/Soul combo?

Soulwalker

Default Least played Class/Soul combo?

Hello everyone, I'm recently new to rift and I've been wanting to try this out for a while now haha (been stuck with age of wushu). Before I play though, I was wondering this: In your opinion, what is the least played Class/Soul combo.

If possible, I would like one for every class just incase I ever want to try that specific soul. I don't want to main the same soul as 80% of the rift community does, I rather be unique.. Last request.. If possible when listing the class/soul combo, can you please indicate if they are PVE viable, PVP viable, or both? Thank you if you can!!!

You can have up to 20 roles for each character, so you want to think of yourself as a cleric or a mage or a rogue or a warrior, not as any one set of souls.

You can switch between roles at any time you are out of combat.

A role is a set of 3 souls picked from the 8 (or 9 with Storm Legion souls) - also called a build or a spec.

There isn't really a least played combo, unless you consider souls that just do not synergize with each other.

As an endgame raider, I have 7 roles that I use constantly, and a couple to just play around with. I know that others in my guild have 12+ that they use, mainly clerics.

You only really need one character of each class to try out the different combinations of souls. Check them out and see how YOU like to play.
    Last edited by Golden; 07-08-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Ascendant

Golden summed it up nicely already

I started with a cleric, now have 2 lvl 60 clerics and a lvl 60 rogue, warrior and mage. I wish I had 72 hours a day to really get into them all, but alas... All classes have their perks and things one doesn't like ...

Just go with the premade combo's first (like arbiter for ranged cleric inquisitor) and level up some toons; see what you like best (tank / heals / dps, or ranged vs melee, or ST versus more AoE and so on) and when you get to know the spells/combo's, make your own spec

Also, the forums are a great source for help (as well as quite a few site outside of the forums.
    <Insert search engine here> is your friend

Welcome to the game, hope you'll enjoy all it has to offer (which is A LOT!)

Champion

You can play all 4 classes, how ever gearing them up to a decent level is taking time, so normally you focus on one until it is done and then move to next. Faction grind is only needed by one character, the rest is account bound, so playing many characters in the endgame at the same time whilst grinding for gear and notoriety, is not really that good of a choice. You would want to focus with one that get the notoriety grinding done, so that all your alts can benefit from it.

Just to add a little bit here - while leveling it seems that tanks have the quickest queue times in the dungeon finder. But, you can be a warrior (void knight, paladin or reaver), a cleric (justicar) or a rogue (riftstalker) and adequately tank.

But, this is drastically different than raiding needs. I don't know about Rift, but typically, guilds only need two or three tanks. So make sure you enjoy the class mechanics to play dps, healing or support as additional roles.

Come the next major expansion, every class will be able to fill every role. So just pick the class mechanics that you like the best:

Warrior: 3 slow builders and a finisher, health and heavy armor
    Rogue: 5 fast builders and a finisher, evasion and medium armor
    Mage: manage mana and charge built from casting spells
    Cleric: manage mana, generally have more health and armor than mage

I think you can hit all the viable mage combo's in 5 roles
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Least played role in any calling/soul combo is tank - do yourself a favour and make one. You will have dream run for instant queue pops.

Least played combo within a calling or role... well there is usually a reason for it... and that reason is... that it sux0rs. ;) If you have the time and inclination, make one of each calling (warrior, rogue, mage, cleric), that way, if your favourite calling gets gutted or revamped not to your liking, you can put it on ice and play one of the others until it becomes playable again to your satisfaction.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Maybe for a cleric, be a purifier, shaman, cabalist. Put equal points in all trees. I imagine that might be a least played combo. Wear rogue gear too, that should thoroughly confuse everyone.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Maybe for a cleric, be a purifier, shaman, cabalist. Put equal points in all trees. I imagine that might be a least played combo. Wear rogue gear too, that should thoroughly confuse everyone.
    Maybe newcommers is not the right forum to troll in? They are actually here to ask advice because like most people joining a new game they don't know and trying to find out.
    Your bs post is full off bs info that is not in anyway helping. If you are bored, then find another way to amuse your self.

Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    Maybe newcommers is not the right forum to troll in? They are actually here to ask advice because like most people joining a new game they don't know and trying to find out.
    Your bs post is full off bs info that is not in anyway helping. If you are bored, then find another way to amuse your self.
    Feel better? You could shake your fist angrily at the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by omgkenny View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm recently new to rift and I've been wanting to try this out for a while now haha (been stuck with age of wushu). Before I play though, I was wondering this: In your opinion, what is the least played Class/Soul combo.

If possible, I would like one for every class just incase I ever want to try that specific soul. I don't want to main the same soul as 80% of the rift community does, I rather be unique.. Last request.. If possible when listing the class/soul combo, can you please indicate if they are PVE viable, PVP viable, or both? Thank you if you can!!!
    well the fun thing about rift is really it more or less a class for what ever your place (Raid,party,or solo grind)calls for just have to get in and find what you like best for your play style.

Telaran

It's hard to say what is "least played" because for each of the four classes, there are several hundred possible combinations of 3 souls. Most people tend to identify themselves by their primary soul (i.e. the soul where they have put the most points) but sometimes you can build very good combinations that are evenly spread between two souls; for most of my rogue's leveling up to 50 I was pretty much an equal combo of Assassin and Nightblade.

Some combinations are rare because, quite frankly, the synergy between the souls is bad. So if you have one soul that has lots of buffs that buff, say, DoT (damage-over-time) attacks, and then pick two other souls that have NO DoT attacks at all... that is kinda a waste. So it might be rare, but it is rare because it is not very effective.

In general, at least on my server based on hearing people in chat, tanks seem to be the most in demand when it comes to dungeons. So that gives you a couple of good options in warrior (paladin, void knight), one option in rogue (riftstalker), and a least one in cleric (justicar). (Might be other cleric options, I don't know the cleric souls all that well.)

I think if you just spend some time in the game you will start to get a feel for what you enjoy, and it will be easy enough to custom-tailor your character so you don't feel like a cookie-cutter of tons of other players out there.

+ Reply to Thread