+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chantillary

Thread: Older raids.

Default Older raids.

Hello all; had the game about 3 months now and trying to catch up on old achievements. Daunting task for sure. Are there any guilds out there that are still doing the original raids, most specifically Greenscale's Blight, for achievement farming? Would really like to get all the achievements in GSB done but literally no one on my server seems to run anything not level 60. I get that people do new content, but if any guild out there does older raids, please let me know.

Scarablord, Threesprings

Just move to the end content like everyone else. I don't understand why achievements are so important for some people.

I've seen a few PUG raids doing these on Wolfsbane, just keep an eye open for them in chat, or start one yourself.

Titans of War plans on doing all the old raids. It's a good way to help new players learn mechanics. Give us a visit:

<Titans of War>
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

I occasionally see people pugging them, and my guild sometimes does them too.

Less often the (4) slivers, but the 20-mans get some attention still. HK most of all, I believe.

<Titans of War> will be running Drowned Halls, Gilded Prophecy and Greenscales Blight on Tuesday the 9th of July starting at 4pm server time.
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wolfz View Post
    Just move to the end content like everyone else. I don't understand why achievements are so important for some people.
    And I have to say that I don't see why achievements (and fishing, and crafting, and harvesting, and artifacts) AREN'T so important to some people.

Play the game the way you like, and let others play it the way they like.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

That was an unnecessary response which benefitted no one. If you have nothing constructive to say, kindly say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taaltos View Post
    <Titans of War> will be running Drowned Halls, Gilded Prophecy and Greenscales Blight on Tuesday the 9th of July starting at 4pm server time.
    Thank you Taaltos, I will make every effort to join you on Tuesday.

yea organise pug runs, you'd be surprised how many people still want to do achievement runs for older raids.

Champion

So because they are not important to you, it can not be important to others? There is many aspects of this game, and there is many sort of players in this game. Some like hardcore raiding, others are fine with a few dungeons every week, and some are here for artifacts and completion.

It should be up to any person how they want to enjoy Rift, and the game also offer every aspect of this, so you can pretty much choose what you want to do and what is important for you, don't have to be important for others, it is still important though

As for topic. At least in EU i see achievements run each week in the level 60 chat. Many old players already have them, but there is still people out there who wants them. I don't see that it should be any different on US-shards.

My suggestions is that you start a group your self for it. You do not need 20 people for the old content though, most of the bosses have been done by one person already, but make sure you have enough people to manage the achievements such as tank and dedicated healer. Make sure that all know before you start which of them you are going for. Not all can be done in one round, but most should be doable.

[QUOTE=leaa;4369438
    My suggestions is that you start a group your self for it. You do not need 20 people for the old content though, most of the bosses have been done by one person already, but make sure you have enough people to manage the achievements such as tank and dedicated healer. Make sure that all know before you start which of them you are going for. Not all can be done in one round, but most should be doable.[/QUOTE]

I've heard about 5 60's can down it, is that fairly accurate?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Scarablord View Post
    I've heard about 5 60's can down it, is that fairly accurate?
    Well it was done by 5 very well geared level 50 players before SL came out (or were they 4 on GSB Dragon?) and after this i think most bosses with a few exceptions have been one manned by experienced good geared people.
    So possible yes, but to make it easy (unless you know them all and know what you bring) i would take 10 at least, just to make sure to cover up for the one that camps aoe or the one that makes 300 dps and the one that have no other spec with him then dominator

why is end game so important? people like doing achieves, who are you to **** on that
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Scarablord View Post
    Hello all; had the game about 3 months now and trying to catch up on old achievements. Daunting task for sure. Are there any guilds out there that are still doing the original raids, most specifically Greenscale's Blight, for achievement farming? Would really like to get all the achievements in GSB done but literally no one on my server seems to run anything not level 60. I get that people do new content, but if any guild out there does older raids, please let me know.

Scarablord, Threesprings
    a lot of players would do it if you started a group, the best thing is you can pug and clear old raids in little to no time and achiev runs will yield more knowledgeable players that want to finish off missing ones too
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

+ Reply to Thread