+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Couple questions I cant seem to get an answer to in game

Soulwalker

Default Couple questions I cant seem to get an answer to in game

New player so don't flame me but, what is with the targeting? Is there a way to make my toon follow my target during a fight or does everyone chase targets around missing every 3rd attack?

second, on character screen bottom, there is a row of boxes, what are those for exactly? Im guessing some kind of mod goes in them but haven't found what they are let alone what goes in them.

3rd changing souls, is it necassarry to remove all talent points from trees to switch build up?

and last question, planarite, is this like a currency? if so what is it for and where is it used?

thanks for answers from you wise forum regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Heethen View Post
    New player so don't flame me but, what is with the targeting? Is there a way to make my toon follow my target during a fight or does everyone chase targets around missing every 3rd attack?

second, on character screen bottom, there is a row of boxes, what are those for exactly? Im guessing some kind of mod goes in them but haven't found what they are let alone what goes in them.

3rd changing souls, is it necassarry to remove all talent points from trees to switch build up?

and last question, planarite, is this like a currency? if so what is it for and where is it used?

thanks for answers from you wise forum regulars.
    You have to manually orient yourself to the targets you're fighting; this is an anti-botting measure. If you're having trouble, try experimenting with your keymapping and mouse movement controls.

The bottom row of boxes on the character screen is for the planar essences you equip. You will equip a Source Engine or Sigil (faction dependant) that will unlock up to all 6 slots. You then equip essences into the engine/sigil itself; you can have multiple planar devices so you could have one for tanking that put a lot of bonus endurance in, another for dps that had your attack stat. You'll get a starter one that unlocks 2 lesser slots in the early part of the starting zone as a quest reward. You will have to buy upgrades if you want to replace it. Planar essences are a rift drop & sometimes a quest reward. They can also be purchased from vendors (see below).

To change a soul, 0 points can be spent in it; respecs are in the form of a Soul Reset from your class trainer.

Planarite is a currency. It's used to buy special gear, including planar source engines and essences for them, armor, and later on lures to trigger special rifts. Each leveling zone has a Rare Planar Goods vendor who will sell at least 2 pieces of armor and some essences (a few also carry an extra item or two--the starting zone vendors also have weapons). You will need additional tokens to buy some items, these tokens are sourcestones. They're rewarded for doing zone events and instant adventure - don't worry you'll never need more than a couple of each and you can get 3 for doing 7 instant adventures with the daily IA quest.

Ascendant

On your third point - 3 souls make up 1 role ... you can have many roles (not sure if f2p has any restrictions in that part, but...) usually you can buy a new role, first few are quite cheap, and put three different souls in there to make up another role for you to play and switch between

Otherwise if you want to change specs remaining in one role? Yes, that requires resetting it every time...

Soulwalker

thanks for the answers yall. now to hunt down if I already received this source engine from a quest and accidentally vendored it.

That first one is pretty much trash... you can buy increasingly larger planar engines in the leveling zones, but there's also a vendor in the original capitol cities that sells an assortment. The maximum one costs 7500 planarite. I would usually just make do with a 2-3 slot one and focus on saving up for that 7500 one. If you sell your extra sourcestones to the rare planar vendors for a box of planarite, it's a good source of extra planarite.

+ Reply to Thread