+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Guide on where to spend certain currency?

Default Guide on where to spend certain currency?

I have various "tokens" I'll call them from Planarite to Infinite source stones I think they are called...

SOomany different tokens that I do not know where vendors are for them...it does not look like they are in the rift store like a bunch of other stuff is.

Not even sure if I have any amounts worth spending, but would like to browse to know if I should save up for more and such.

Thanks for any help
    Esso@Necropolis
    Cleric

Hover over the stones in your currency window, it'll tell you where you can spend them (by zone).

I guess I am missing something here haha... I hover over and it tells me what kind of vendor... But Traveling around looking for them has left me kind of lost... I see planarite dealers here and there... but some of the other tokens I still have no clue where to look
    Esso@Necropolis
    Cleric

pre 60 mainland the vendors are either in your main towns or at zone hub quartermasters, samre for stom legion i guess
    basically if you get a chance to spend stones lower than infinity, do it, they become obsolete very fast,
    all you really need do is open the store from anywhere, see what youre after and what it costs
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 07-03-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: engrish is borked needs more coffee..
    who took my names!

I'll help you out here before I make dinner OP

Type: Planarite
    Found in: Everything, but currently the most found in endgame Storm Legion zones and especially Dendrome (Lv 60) content.
    Also can exchange Sourcestones for Planarite boxes in the Lv 1-50 zones (not Meridian or Sanctum). The locations for this are listed below. This is highly suggested for the Lv 50 content Inscribed Sourcestones.
    Spent at: Everywhere, see the vendors listed below.
    Good for: Everything. Keep getting more and more. The cap is increased with Storm Legion now too, so just get as much as you can.
    Suggestion: Stockpile them and exchange low level Sourcestones when you can, for it.

~~~

Type: Corrupted Sourcestone
    Found in: Silverwood and Freemarch, the introductory Guardian and Defiant Lv 6-20ish zones, from zone events and bosses.
    Spent at: Argent Glade town in Silverwood, King's Retreat hub in Freemarch.
    Good for: Lv 20ish gear to set you on your way towards the next zones, optional
    Suggestion: If the gear is useful for you, buy it if you wish. If not, then exchange it to planarite.

Type: Cursed Sourcestone
    Found in: Gloamwood and Stonefield for the factions, and Scarlet Gorge, from zone events and bosses.
    Spent at: Gloamwood Pines town in Gloamwood, Granite Falls town in Stonefield, southern or northern faction hub in Scarlet Gorge.
    Good for: Lv 25-30ish gear to set you on your way towards the next zones, optional
    Suggestion: If the gear is useful for you in either zone, buy it if you wish. If not, then exchange to planarite.

Type: Vile Sourcestone
    Found in: Scarwood Reach, Droughtlands, Moonshade Highlands, from zone events and bosses.
    Spent at: southern or northern faction hub in Scarwood (Perspice or Kain's Command), Lantern Hook town in Droughtlands, and faction hub in Moonshade Highlands (Three Springs or Timberveil).
    Good for: Lv 35-45ish gear to set you on your way towards the next zones, optional
    Suggestion: If the gear is useful for you in either zone, buy it if you wish. If not, then exchange to planarite... againnnn.

Type: Inscribed Sourcestone
    Found in: Iron Pine Peak, Stillmoor, Shimmersand, Ember Isle, from zone events and bosses, maybe more stuff in Ember Isle.
    Spent at: Whitefall town in Iron Pine Peak, (I think) faction hub in Stillmoor, Fortune's Shore town in Shimmersand, various vendors in Ember Isle, Meridian or Sanctum faction cities.
    Good for: Lv 50(+) gear. Leveling gear from the zones, but also (old) endgame gear in Meridian or Sanctum. Ignore the endgame/transplanar gear, but maybe pick up the leveling gear if it is worth it to you. Also good for some costumes and stuff I saw at Ember Isle.
    Suggestion: Don't really bother with any of the Lv 50ish gear from them. Either save them up to buy some special costumes and such in Ember Isle, or exchange it all to planarite, or both. It's main use for players now, old and new, is planarite.

~~~

Type: Empyreal Sourcestone
    Found in: All Storm Legion leveling zones - Kingdom of Pelladane, Seratos, Morban (if not Lv 60 yet), Cape Jule, City Core, Eastern Holdings, Ardent Domain, Kingsward (if not Lv 60 yet), from various sources.
    Spent at: Adventure Vendors at Tulan town (Cape Jule) and Tuldio Retreat town (Kingdom of Pelladane), and Tempest Bay city.
    Good for: Lv 50-59 leveling gear and essences. Pretty much everything you might want as a leveling, not level cap, player now.
    Suggestion: Spend it when you need to, save it up if you need to. It loses a lot of usefulness once you're Lv 60, but I found I still liked to buy cheaper essences with it one in a while. I don't believe you can exchange it to planarite yet.

Type: Infinity Stone
    Found in: Lv 60 zones - Kingsward (if Lv 60), Ashora, Dendrome, Morban (if Lv 60), Steppes of Infinity, from various sources.
    Spent at: Tempest Bay World Event vendor.
    Good for: Lv 60 gear and essences. For gear, it can be upgraded to be competitive to Expert Dungeon gear but that's it. For essences, there are various ranks (blue, purple, orange). It's a long grind, but the gear part is optional once you jump into Expert Dungeons and go for that gear instead. If you HATE dungeons and raids though, this gear and its upgraded versions are just about the best you're going to get, except maybe some crafted pieces.
    Suggestion: MAKE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. It'll lose its usefulness once you've outstripped the gear vendor (with expert/raid gear), have full essence cores (hard to do now that there's a whole new tier of them), and have a ton stockpiled. AKA, you'll need it for the next while.

NOTE: You can also mentor down into Mathosian lands (Lv 1-50) for (up to, depending on your actual level) Inscribed Sourcestone that you can convert to planarite, and the earlier Storm Legion lands for useful Infinity Stones (instead of only Empyreal Sourcestones).
    Also, some of this info may be inaccurate.
    Also, many of these things, especially Storm Legion related, may be accessed immediately through the Rift Store instead of forcing you to head to the NPCs!
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-03-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post

... snip of awesome reply ...
    That was an incredibly well thought out and probably the most comprehensive post on planar currency ever created by man or beast.

Last edited by Phelim on the Moor; 07-03-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    That was an incredibly well thought out and probably the most comprehensive post on planar currency ever created by man or beast.

Hellll yeahhh

I think some of the currency you're talking about may be the world event currencies.

A number of them are no longer usable. Basically if world event currency you're holding is not on the World Event Vendor, you can toss it. Of course I've kept mine... just in case.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I think some of the currency you're talking about may be the world event currencies.

A number of them are no longer usable. Basically if world event currency you're holding is not on the World Event Vendor, you can toss it. Of course I've kept mine... just in case.
    Good point!

Also, Infinity Stones, it's the World Gear Vendor you want, up the stairs in the room with Lycini/Torvan/Hunt/Raid/Everyone lol NPCs. The World Event gear vendor is the one down closer by TB portal and artifact dealer and doesn't have anything to buy with IS.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

[Also soz, I didn't say thank you That guide was useful to me, cos sometimes the sheer amount of stuff in the game is overwhelming and I've neglected my 60 and targetting sources of IS. I just upgraded 3 pieces of gear and am going to hit Kingsward ;) The random ppl who group with me will prolly also thank you ;)
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Type: Planarite
    Found in: Everything, but currently the most found in endgame Storm Legion zones and especially Dendrome (Lv 60) content.
    Also can exchange Sourcestones for Planarite boxes in the Lv 1-50 zones (not Meridian or Sanctum). The locations for this are listed below. This is highly suggested for the Lv 50 content Inscribed Sourcestones.
    Spent at: Everywhere, see the vendors listed below.
    Good for: Everything. Keep getting more and more. The cap is increased with Storm Legion now too, so just get as much as you can.
    Suggestion: Stockpile them and exchange low level Sourcestones when you can, for it.

~~~

Type: Corrupted Sourcestone
    Found in: Silverwood and Freemarch, the introductory Guardian and Defiant Lv 6-20ish zones, from zone events and bosses.
    Spent at: Argent Glade town in Silverwood, King's Retreat hub in Freemarch.
    Good for: Lv 20ish gear to set you on your way towards the next zones, optional
    Suggestion: If the gear is useful for you, buy it if you wish. If not, then exchange it to planarite.

Type: Cursed Sourcestone
    Found in: Gloamwood and Stonefield for the factions, and Scarlet Gorge, from zone events and bosses.
    Spent at: Gloamwood Pines town in Gloamwood, Granite Falls town in Stonefield, southern or northern faction hub in Scarlet Gorge.
    Good for: Lv 25-30ish gear to set you on your way towards the next zones, optional
    Suggestion: If the gear is useful for you in either zone, buy it if you wish. If not, then exchange to planarite.

Type: Vile Sourcestone
    Found in: Scarwood Reach, Droughtlands, Moonshade Highlands, from zone events and bosses.
    Spent at: southern or northern faction hub in Scarwood (Perspice or Kain's Command), Lantern Hook town in Droughtlands, and faction hub in Moonshade Highlands (Three Springs or Timberveil).
    Good for: Lv 35-45ish gear to set you on your way towards the next zones, optional
    Suggestion: If the gear is useful for you in either zone, buy it if you wish. If not, then exchange to planarite... againnnn.

Type: Inscribed Sourcestone
    Found in: Iron Pine Peak, Stillmoor, Shimmersand, Ember Isle, from zone events and bosses, maybe more stuff in Ember Isle.
    Spent at: Whitefall town in Iron Pine Peak, (I think) faction hub in Stillmoor, Fortune's Shore town in Shimmersand, various vendors in Ember Isle, Meridian or Sanctum faction cities.
    Good for: Lv 50(+) gear. Leveling gear from the zones, but also (old) endgame gear in Meridian or Sanctum. Ignore the endgame/transplanar gear, but maybe pick up the leveling gear if it is worth it to you. Also good for some costumes and stuff I saw at Ember Isle.
    Suggestion: Don't really bother with any of the Lv 50ish gear from them. Either save them up to buy some special costumes and such in Ember Isle, or exchange it all to planarite, or both. It's main use for players now, old and new, is planarite.

~~~

Type: Empyreal Sourcestone
    Found in: All Storm Legion leveling zones - Kingdom of Pelladane, Seratos, Morban (if not Lv 60 yet), Cape Jule, City Core, Eastern Holdings, Ardent Domain, Kingsward (if not Lv 60 yet), from various sources.
    Spent at: Adventure Vendors at Tulan town (Cape Jule) and Tuldio Retreat town (Kingdom of Pelladane), and Tempest Bay city.
    Good for: Lv 50-59 leveling gear and essences. Pretty much everything you might want as a leveling, not level cap, player now.
    Suggestion: Spend it when you need to, save it up if you need to. It loses a lot of usefulness once you're Lv 60, but I found I still liked to buy cheaper essences with it one in a while. I don't believe you can exchange it to planarite yet.

Type: Infinity Stone
    Found in: Lv 60 zones - Kingsward (if Lv 60), Ashora, Dendrome, Morban (if Lv 60), Steppes of Infinity, from various sources.
    Spent at: Tempest Bay World Event vendor.
    Good for: Lv 60 gear and essences. For gear, it can be upgraded to be competitive to Expert Dungeon gear but that's it. For essences, there are various ranks (blue, purple, orange). It's a long grind, but the gear part is optional once you jump into Expert Dungeons and go for that gear instead. If you HATE dungeons and raids though, this gear and its upgraded versions are just about the best you're going to get, except maybe some crafted pieces.
    Suggestion: MAKE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. It'll lose its usefulness once you've outstripped the gear vendor (with expert/raid gear), have full essence cores (hard to do now that there's a whole new tier of them), and have a ton stockpiled. AKA, you'll need it for the next while.

NOTE: You can also mentor down into Mathosian lands (Lv 1-50) for (up to, depending on your actual level) Inscribed Sourcestone that you can convert to planarite, and the earlier Storm Legion lands for useful Infinity Stones (instead of only Empyreal Sourcestones).
    Also, some of this info may be inaccurate.
    Also, many of these things, especially Storm Legion related, may be accessed immediately through the Rift Store instead of forcing you to head to the NPCs!
    Just osum, helped me alot. Thanks for the guide.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWings View Post
    Just osum, helped me alot. Thanks for the guide.
    There are 6 things missed here:

1. Infinity stones can also be converted to planarite. This can be done at the bank in Tempest Bay (planar voucher vendor.) With all the other uses, and the amount of planarite available, this is probably not the ideal use initially.

2. Empyreal source stone provides only small bonuses while leveling, and is useless at 60 (random lesser drops are as good as the mid rank lesser you buy with them, not to mention the higher power vendor purchasable ones.) If you are looking for the best value for your ESS, convert them into items to disenchant. This isn't a hard requirement, just something that gives the most long term value (considering the essences are destroyed unless you buy or find an unsocketer.)

3. Infinity stones are also spent at various other merchants, including: Lycini qm, Torvan hunter qm, hunt rift lure sellers, flare merchants, and the above mentioned planar voucher vendor. You can also spend them directly via the store without travelling to most of these merchants. *Some few items do not seem to appear in the store, and some few only seem to show up in the store.*

4. Most of the currencies can be sent to alts. Visit the planar vouchers vendor to do so.

5. Other currencies:

-World event currencies can be used at a world good merchant or in the store, even if the event is over.
    -Dungeon and raid marks/stones; used at a variety of merchants (the current end game ones are near the Torvan and Lycini people in Tempest Bay or in the store *a few store items for raid stones are only in the store.*) The old ones are still out in the world near the raids, in case you want to try to get a piece for costuming.

6. Planarite note: There is a vendor in Sanctum/Meridian that sells abilities for planarite, as well as a few odds and ends. It is highly useful to buy a minimum of the medic summon and your alternate vision. There are some areas (usually raids) that can not be entered unless somebody is using the sight (omen/quantum)... as well as another set of artifacts if you enjoy hunting those. These are not required to play the game, but having them is very nice!
    Last edited by Jairone; 07-05-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Cylendra@Faeblight. Aka Jairone. Aka Desidar. Aka Yseniel. Aka... darn it, I have an alt problem okay?
    Baker of many noms! Also, oddly enough, eater of many noms! Who'da thunk it!

1. I didn't mention Infinity Stone vouchers because it doesn't normally make sense.

2. Agreed. However, it depends on your leveling speed. I was in classes, so I took even a couple months to get to Lv 60 at a very casual pace. As such, getting the vendor gear was useful for me. But if you're going to reach from Lv 50-60 within a few weeks, you're right, it's better to just break down the gear or stockpile it to convert to planarite later on (once Trion adds the capacity, hopefully).

3. I mentioned the shop UI for many things and that Infinity Stones are used for pretty much everything endgame (except dungeon or crafting or raid or pvp related, usually).

4. Yep good point for alts.

5+6. Damn! I forgot those!

Good stuff

Rift Disciple

1. I didn't mention Infinity Stone vouchers because it doesn't normally make sense.

2. Agreed. However, it depends on your leveling speed. I was in classes, so I took even a couple months to get to Lv 60 at a very casual pace. As such, getting the vendor gear was useful for me. But if you're going to reach from Lv 50-60 within a few weeks, you're right, it's better to just break down the gear or stockpile it to convert to planarite later on (once Trion adds the capacity, hopefully).

3. I mentioned the shop UI for many things and that Infinity Stones are used for pretty much everything endgame (except dungeon or crafting or raid or pvp related, usually).

4. Yep good point for alts.

5+6. Damn! I forgot those!

Good stuff
    Aye, you made a great post! It is hard to make sure you catch all the details!
    Cylendra@Faeblight. Aka Jairone. Aka Desidar. Aka Yseniel. Aka... darn it, I have an alt problem okay?
    Baker of many noms! Also, oddly enough, eater of many noms! Who'da thunk it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast