+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kraxammer
  • 1 Post By Jairone

Thread: Tempest Bay? How do I get there?

Default Tempest Bay? How do I get there?

I'm not that new anymore, but I just hit 50 on my Rogue and I was wondering about Tempest Bay? I hear people talking about the major city, but I've never been. . .obviously. How do I get there? I have received the quests to portal to the 2 new continents and ever Ember Isle. . .but not TB? Do I maybe have to wait 'til I get to level 60?
    Thank you.

Soulwalker

Hi,

Go to Iron Pine Peak and search for the portal below the Chancel of Labors. You should see it on your world map.

Go to either of the two new continents (Cape Jule on Brevane or Kingdom of Pelladane on Dusken) and as you progress through the zone you'll eventually find an NPC that will teleport you to Tempest Bay.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane
    <We Play Rift>
    Officer & Retired Raider

Rift Disciple

Methods:

Go to either of the new areas. When you get to Tulan or Tuldio Retreat you will get a quest (eventually) to go to TB.

Alternatively, at least via Tulan, you can go before getting the quest.

Finally, you can use a rally scroll if a guild member drops a rally banner to get there. Rally scrolls can be bought in Sanctum/Meridian as well as TB.

Other:

No, you do not need to be 60. As soon as you can get a rally scroll (ie. finished the starter zones) you can get to Tempest Bay. There is no level restriction for Tempest Bay, although there is a level restriction for the rest of SL (45.)

There are several other possible methods, including world events (Fae Yule had portals) and ascend a friend summon perks (friend to all can work for this.) Truth be told, however, you don't have much need to go to Tempest Bay while leveling except for a handful of quests (several introductory quests, crafting dailies, fishing daily, and dungeon discovery quests are there if you want) or for buying hunt rift lures (which is certainly not required, but something you can do if desired.)

The easiest methods are via guild rally or ascend a friend summons... if you don't want to use them I suggest going to cape jule and heading for Tulan (almost due east of the zone in point)... with a good survival spec if possible, or a stealth spec... to help deal with the fairly high number of creatures on the paths.

In Tulan go to the docks there. Talk to the ship captain. They will port you to Tempest bay.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Thank you all for your responses.
    Much appreciated!

This really is a helpful community....love this game!

Telaran

Also:

For those who have enough patron/loyalty status, there is a reward in the blue tier that gives an insignia that will port you there directly, with a 1 hour cooldown.

There's a really great guide stickied to the top of this forum that explains how to get to TB, too. And other stuff.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rm-legion.html
    Last edited by Telsek; 07-01-2013 at 11:43 AM.

OMG, I actually read that thread too?! I just gazed past the TB part I guess. Well to my defense it was early on a MONDAY morning. . .not enough coke zeros I guess.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxammer View Post
    OMG, I actually read that thread too?! I just gazed past the TB part I guess. Well to my defense it was early on a MONDAY morning. . .not enough coke zeros I guess.

Thanks again!
    LOL Hey, I'm never responsible for stuff I do on MONDAYS! LOL I call them my blah days.

Welcome to Telara! You will really enjoy the new areas! Have fun and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here!

OH, and to get to Ember Isle, there are travel stones outside your capital city. The Meridian travel stone is located outside the city, on the left side, if you are standing in front of the large stair case leading up. Not sure where the Sanctum one is.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 07-01-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    LOL Hey, I'm never responsible for stuff I do on MONDAYS! LOL I call them my blah days.

Welcome to Telara! You will really enjoy the new areas! Have fun and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here!

OH, and to get to Ember Isle, there are travel stones outside your capital city. The Meridian travel stone is located outside the city, on the left side, if you are standing in front of the large stair case leading up. Not sure where the Sanctum one is.
    Below the bridge on sanctum watch side. Gotta love them Mondays!

+ Reply to Thread