+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wonderful

Thread: Infinity stones - gear or rift hunt lures?

Default Infinity stones - gear or rift hunt lures?

Hey all! I have been collecting a lot of infinity stones and I was wondering should I buy the gear with them or should I save them and spend them on rift hunts?

Meaning is the gear easily replaced in experts? Is it worth grinding to upgrade them? Thanks for the help!

Shadowlander

The gear from normal dungeons is roughly equal to the infinity stone gear.
    The gear from expert dungeons is better than the infinity stone gear.
    The gear from expert dungeons is roughly equal to the upgraded infinity stone gear.

Whether expert dungeons are easy for you is based on your group and skill level, but I think the grind in them is faster than the grind for getting the upgraded infinity stone gear, you also receive a small amount of "raid" tokens for random queing in the expert dungeons.
    However you have a 300 hit or 300 toughness, if tank, requirement to enter experts so you have to get enough of that to get in the queue for experts in the first place.

So I'd recommend spending enough infinity stones to reach the requirement to enter experts, then spend the rest on rift hunt lures and queue for experts and hunt rifts with your time each day.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BiPoLar View Post
    Hey all! I have been collecting a lot of infinity stones and I was wondering should I buy the gear with them or should I save them and spend them on rift hunts?

Meaning is the gear easily replaced in experts? Is it worth grinding to upgrade them? Thanks for the help!
    The advice I got when I hit 60 (which I found very good), was to use my infinity stones to buy and upgrade my weapons and to run expert dungeons (to get the empyreal marks) and buy/upgrade the rest of the gear from the expert dungeon vendor.

You will get well enough of infinity stones anyway if you do dailies/events and such in order to buy hunt rift lures, and later on to buy the better essences when you have enough rep with Torvan and Lycini.

Yeah I'm a tank, I have the needed amount to queue for the experts. I just wondered if I should keep spending IS on the gear or try to run the dungeons. Thanks for the input!

+ Reply to Thread