+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nazaca
  • 1 Post By pigeye

Thread: Need more clarification about royalty gain.

Soulwalker

Default Need more clarification about royalty gain.

You gain royalty by subscribing or buying/spending credit (which is it?) but what's the credit to royalty gain ratio? Is it 1:1?
    And once you subscribe, you will instantly gain loyalty based on the amount you spent or royalty points will keep accumulating everyday in the duration of your subscription? If it's the later, how much loyalty you gain each day?
    Lastly, is loyalty level shared between different characters in the same account?
    In brief, I just want to know more about this royalty system orthers than "earn loyalty and you will get this and that bonus", I think it's very important for a customer before buying anything but I haven't seen it stated anywhere by Trion so I'm totally confused. Any answer to these question would be appreciated.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Granberia View Post
    You gain royalty by subscribing or buying/spending credit (which is it?) but what's the credit to royalty gain ratio? Is it 1:1?
    And once you subscribe, you will instantly gain loyalty based on the amount you spent or royalty points will keep accumulating everyday in the duration of your subscription? If it's the later, how much loyalty you gain each day?
    Lastly, is loyalty level shared between different characters in the same account?
    In brief, I just want to know more about this royalty system orthers than "earn loyalty and you will get this and that bonus", I think it's very important for a customer before buying anything but I haven't seen it stated anywhere by Trion so I'm totally confused. Any answer to these question would be appreciated.
    You earn 2 Loyalty for every Credit purchased.

You earn 2 Loyalty for every Credit spent.

You earn 7000 Loyalty for every month you subscribe.

You earn 7000 Loyalty for every 30-day patron pass you purchase with Credits.

Loyalty is per-account, not per-character.

I believe you are given the total Loyalty earned from multi-month subscriptions at the time of purchase, but I haven't tested this.
    Last edited by Nazaca; 06-20-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Soulwalker

Hey Granberia,

Loyalty (not Royalty, thought perhaps that would be interesting ) is earned when you:

1. Purchase Credits in the Store ( 2 Loyalty for every credit purchased)
    2. Spend Credits (2 Loyalty for every credit spent)
    3. 7000 Bonus Loyalty points are awarded when you spend credits on 30 day Loyalty Passes and through Account Subscriptions.

It's important to note that you don't benefit from the Purchase (1) and Spend (2) steps if receive your game time through Account Subscriptions: It's actually better to buy 30 day Passes (the lesser passes don't award bonus Loyalty).

Sadly for myself, my annual resub kicked in before I knew about this, so I'm lumped until March 2014! :P
    Last edited by pigeye; 06-20-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the answer, it's all clear now

Quote Originally Posted by pigeye View Post
    Sadly for myself, my annual resub kicked in before I knew about this, so I'm lumped until March 2014! :P
    Lucky you! It's *november* 2014 for me

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara View Post
    Lucky you! It's *november* 2014 for me
    ... and there's those with an even longer sub still ...

:jummp:

Plane Touched

Hmmm, so optimal loyalty would be to purchase 7000 credits and spend 7000 credits to purchase 1 month subscription? Would this yield 21000 loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    ... and there's those with an even longer sub still ...

:jummp:
    Yup. Mine is out in mid-2015 if i remember correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    Hmmm, so optimal loyalty would be to purchase 7000 credits and spend 7000 credits to purchase 1 month subscription? Would this yield 21000 loyalty?
    28k loyalty. 7000*2*2=28000
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Soulwalker

So let me get this straight... 7k credits bought and spent = 28k credits? which will get you a 30 day patron pass for $50? $15 gets you a monthly subscription which only gets you 7k loyalty? Or am I not understanding this at all?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dwalk015 View Post
    So let me get this straight... 7k credits bought and spent = 28k credits?
    Correct.

Purchasing 7000 credits gives you 14000 loyalty.

Spending 7000 credits gives you 14000 loyalty.

14000 + 14000 = 28000.

which will get you a 30 day patron pass for $50?
    A 30-Day Patron Pass costs 2400 credits. 2400 credits costs much less than $50.

Each 30-Day Patron Pass purchased gives you 7000 loyalty in addition to the loyalty given for spending credits (+4800 loyalty in this case given their 2400 credit cost).

$15 gets you a monthly subscription which only gets you 7k loyalty?
    Correct.

A one-month subscription for $15 will give you 7000 loyalty.

Soulwalker

Awesome! Thank you for the clarification. My next question is.. Do the 30 day patron passes give the same benefits (not including bonus loyalty gain from buying and spending the credits on the pass itself) as the monthly subscription? Also what happens once the 30 day pass expires? Do any patron specific changes or bonuses revert back to the standard f2p account?

edit:
    Sorry for all the questions. I tried to read up on this but couldn't find anything that gave definitive answers.
    Last edited by dwalk015; 06-21-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Rift Disciple

Do the 30 day patron passes give the same benefits (not including bonus loyalty gain from buying and spending the credits on the pass itself) as the monthly subscription?
    Correct.

Patron is Patron regardless of whether you acquired it via the cash-shop pass or via subscription.

Also what happens once the 30 day pass expires?
    You lose access to the patron benefits until you either buy another pass or subscribe.

Patron Benefits:
    • Store Discount: 10% off all purchases made with Credits in the RIFT Store.
    • +15% Currency (always on)
    • +10% Mount Speed (always on)
    • Daily Boost Set: Each day you can activate bonuses to the Experience, Notoriety, Favor, Prestige, and Tokens you earn while playing.
    • Daily Summons: Instant access to your banker, guild banker, and trainer (on a set cooldown).
    • Priority Queue: Move to the front of the line when your shard is full.

Do any patron specific changes or bonuses revert back to the standard f2p account?
    You lose the patron benefits until you either purchase another pass or subscribe.

Sorry for all the questions. I tried to read up on this but couldn't find anything that gave definitive answers.
    Its' what this forum is for. Don't worry about it.

+ Reply to Thread