+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: This is why I QUIT Rift

Champion

Having played since launch I can say that Rift has never ALWAYS been down. This seems to add drama when there is none. The developers have done a great job and I mean a very consistent job of keeping this game largely patched and updated. This does require some downtime which they usually keep at 45-60 minutes. This is not always.

I cannot recall when rift has ever been down for 3+ hours. This is not to say that this might have happened once but for me to remember something like that would mean that it was consistently having downtime of that length over and over again. And that simply has not been happening.

But to the OP: whatever. I hope you find your next game stop enjoyable and have fun wherever you end up.

Kudos to the devs for a job well done (though some don't know how to appreciate that).

Shield of Telara

umm jun 2013 is getting so old
    Last edited by Hydron; 06-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Seeing this thread made me think it was Tuesday.

cya

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzik View Post
    I started playing when Rift when it was new... paid the subscription, and the damn game was ALWAYS down for maintenance.

Now, Rift entices me back with new levels and 'free to play'. And guess what? Always down again. Some of us don't have all day to play games, so we play when we can, and damn if Rift isn't ALWAYS down every chance I get.

That's why I quit before and why I'm quitting again for good. Unreal.
    You're seeing the worst of it all at once. Rift usually has *very* little downtime and only weekly hotfixes. Lately, we've been getting a bit more than that, presumably because of the F2P rush and all the bugs that have come with 2.3.

Come back in a few weeks and I guarantee you that you'll be surprised. Or don't and miss out. Your call.

Soulwalker

OP needs to get a life outside of gaming.

Default This is why I CARE

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Founder, and sometime Cleric

Telaran

threads like this make me smile, if my math is correct, there are 168 hours in each week. Out of those hours rift is down (at least in the NA region) maybe 5 or 6 hours a week (and that is only after a sizable patch).

Yes, this is not convenient, but the patches are during low usage times, it seems that this allows me to go in to the kitchen and get something decent to eat for a change.

Now if Rift is always down when you go to log in you have to be the unluckiest so and so that has ever lived.

Lastly try playing any other MMO, down time is a fact of life. I do not see these minor interruptions as excessive.

Soulwalker

Most of the reason why Rift has been down so much is because of a. Server issues due to F2P, or b. Issues with Cash Shop (also due to F2P). Why are people complaining about SHORT downtimes on a MMO that just went F2P? It's not like YOU are losing anything from it. You don't see every patron complaining about it.

Ascendant

I started playing when Rift when it was new... paid the subscription, and the damn game was ALWAYS down for maintenance.

Now, Rift entices me back with new levels and 'free to play'. And guess what? Always down again. Some of us don't have all day to play games, so we play when we can, and damn if Rift isn't ALWAYS down every chance I get.

That's why I quit before and why I'm quitting again for good. Unreal.
    are you serious??? rift was down once a week for 45 minutes the last 2 years and only longer when a major patch was released.... you people are sooo....

Soulwalker

Please people, all of you who want to quit:

Send me all of your plats, i will take good care of them!
    Thx.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

.....2NDed
    Lilai <Philanthropy> - Faeblight ------ Mage

Champion of Telara

Chutes and Ladders, Boggle, and Operation NEVER have any downtime, if that's going to be the measurement of a game...
    well, I suppose if you lose the dice..or the battery for Operation..that would be downtime. Its bad enough you've already lost the funnybone
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkin View Post
    threads like this make me smile, if my math is correct, there are 168 hours in each week. Out of those hours rift is down (at least in the NA region) maybe 5 or 6 hours a week (and that is only after a sizable patch).

Yes, this is not convenient, but the patches are during low usage times, it seems that this allows me to go in to the kitchen and get something decent to eat for a change.

Now if Rift is always down when you go to log in you have to be the unluckiest so and so that has ever lived.

Lastly try playing any other MMO, down time is a fact of life. I do not see these minor interruptions as excessive.
    Especially when there are performance issues that we've been through these last week. It also gives me a chance to clean up the clutter around me and even shower! Where would I be with out these down times?

Rift Disciple

No it wasn't. You're lying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast