+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pets-Money

Telaran

Default Pets-Money

Even the lowest cost pet is 2.5 plat.
    Are there any other ways to get pets than buying?
    Is there an easier way to make platinum than quests?

Ascendant

Many pets are rare, random drops from mobs and events, many can be bought in the store.

Making plat is usually achieved by selling raw materials on the AH (ore, logs, cloth, etc.), artifacts (blues can sell nicely though post-F2P and the store offering the most sought-after rewards obtained from turning in 200 artifacts it remains to be seen if prices hold up).

Questing and cash drops do add up slowly and it's surprising how much you will get by the time you may be thinking of buy your first mount. As long as you don't buy anything on the AH, IMO there's rarely a need to do this for a long time as you're leveling.

Some people would recommend buying and selling on the AH .. they call it 'playing the AH by 'price flipping', I call it leeching and price-gouging .. which I won't do.

Telaran

I'am a new player(lvl 13).
    Could u please tell the stuff that I can sell in the AH.
    Will planar dust sell?
    What is it used for?
    How to begin mining ores?
    What did u mean by blues in artifacts?
    How to get artifacts?
    Last edited by Nero1; 06-19-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Are you talking about pets or mounts? I'm just wondering because the 2.5 plat you mention is what the lowest level mounts cost. The servers are down right now so I can't check on what the pet companions cost.

If you mean mounts then there is a mount that is a random drop from a specific type of fire rift that can be found. The fire rifts labelled "Invasive Species" sometimes drop the mount. It's fairly rare though and you may have to find a group to do several.

As far as making money goes, besides the methods Kerin mentioned, if you can spend a half hour a day fishing you can do Uncle Stan's Fishing Derby in Tempest Bay. Even at the lowest fishing level it pays 80 gold and it scales up to 12 plat a day at max fishing level. As long as you increase your fishing skill you can do it once a day. It's a timed quest that gives you an hour to fish up a certain number of fish. It usually takes 30 minutes or so. You will need someone to port you to Tempest Bay. Usually a guildie can help you with that.

+ Reply to Thread