+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bag and character slots

Soulwalker

Default Bag and character slots

Hi there!

First of all, I tried this game ages ago in I think the open beta and again last year. I always thought it was a pretty great looking game, though I never took the step to sub or purchase the full version.

After hearing that the game went free to play, it became very attractive. I have to admit that I really like the F2P model that Rift seems to have adapted. My one gripe might be with the bag slot expansions (and the price thereof).

Now I've heard that you can unlock these with a CD key from the original boxed version of the game. However, I've also heard that you get the bag slots unlocked when you use a Storm Legion key (along with the locked souls).

So my question, in short, is: Is it possible to simply buy the Storm Legion key and use it on the F2P version? Will doing this grant my characters 5 bag spaces and the extra souls? Would be great to get some clarification.

Yes it's possible, have a look here: Rift F2P and buying Storm Legion.

... and welcome back

Soulwalker

Thanks for the reply and the welcome!

That's a seriously good bang for buck, then. I imagine that the boxes are probably flying off the shelves, so I'll be picking up a copy of Storm Legion at Amazon.

I have to ask for clarification again though, since the provided link seems to have conflicting info. Will purchasing SL grant the bag and character slots alongside the souls even if I don't buy a copy of the standalone game? I realize that SL includes the standalone version, but what they unlock in the F2P version is a bit unclear to me.

Thanks again.

Edit - Read it again. Seems to be a bug that affects characters created before unlocking the bag slots.
    Last edited by Domilan; 06-19-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Soulwalker

Oh! Another quick question. I already just purchased SL off Amazon, but will it also unlock the block on putting up auctions?

Sword of Telara

The item you bought should come with 30 days of patron time. This will be enough (7000 loyalty) to unlock everything. you will still need to claim it, though.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Soulwalker

Considering that I just managed to get one of the last 2 copies off Amazon for 7 Euro, that's great to hear!

Thanks again for all the help! +1 for the Rift community in my book.

Glad you could find it
    Remember, as soon as you get in game: open the store and click the "claim" button on the top, or unlocks won't be applied.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara View Post
    Glad you could find it
    Remember, as soon as you get in game: open the store and click the "claim" button on the top, or unlocks won't be applied.
    Actually, after today's patch, once you've got the requisite loyalty, it's auto-claimed.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

+ Reply to Thread