+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starter tanking guide?

Soulwalker

Default Starter tanking guide?

Can anyone post a link to a started tanking guide? Most I have found are either very old or geared for higher levels. I just rolled a tank and an going to start doing LFG as a tank and I want to get some pointers on warrior tanks.
    Thanks

At lower levels it is pretty standard, "Taunt and whack". Utilizing whatever skills you have that build threat. As usual, you need to get the first few attacks in with taunt to lock down threat

I warn you now, you will be hindered by the people not thinking and chain attacking. I found I eventually kept an eye on only the healer to pull agros off of him or her. Pretty much getting a whisper, "thanks for paying attention" after every dungeon

Definitely get into a guild where things can be more organized. Pickup groups can be a nightmare

Your best chance of what you are looking for would be in the warrior section.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

There you go http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...arrior-guides/ (one of the recent threads is about leveling as a tank)
    Last edited by Niagara; 06-18-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks. It just seems that there is not many threat skills for multiple mob pulls at the lower level.

+ Reply to Thread