+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rift F2P and buying Storm Legion

Soulwalker

Default Rift F2P and buying Storm Legion

Hello,
    I just started playing RIFT, and im wondering what happens if i buy Storm Legion expansion in shop? I want to play with new soul Tempest, so the one way is to buy it with ingame store or i can buy an expansion?

Are there any benefits for buying an expansion?

Thanks in advance

As I read you get the SL souls, loyalty points, bag slots but only for new characters, here is a thread, maybe might help

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...easonable.html

Welcome to Rift and Telara!

In terms of "bang for your buck", buying the Storm Legion box/game is the greatest value. At this point, on Amazon and in many local game stores, you can still find:
    • $10 - the base game/original/"vanilla" Rift that came out back in 2011
    • $20 - Storm Legion, which by default includes the above base game.

With the base game you get the following F2P benefits:
    • Six character slots per server,
    • Five unlocked bag slots per character,
    • One month patron status, and
    • 7,000 Loyalty points because of the above one month Patron status.

If you opt for Storm Legion, you will get the following:
    • Six character slots per server,
    • Five unlocked bag slots per character,
    • One month patron status,
    • 7,000 Loyalty points because of the above one month Patron status, and
    • The four Storm Legion souls (Tempest, Defiler, Harbinger, Tactician).

Buying the unlocks via either of the above options is far cheaper than purchasing those unlocks via the store, especially if you're going to roll more than one character. The only caveat that I would mention that if you buy only the base game, then get the Storm Legion souls in the store (which translates to around $25 at this point), you will get around 15,000 Loyalty points from buying credits and then using them in the store, in addition to the 7,000 for the one months patron status.

However, I don't know how much longer it will be before the physical game boxes on Amazon and in stores will be around. I think Trion has stopped making them since the game went F2P, and the $20 / $10 price for Storm Legion / base Rift is likely to just get rid of the leftover inventory.

I hope this helps. Good luck, and enjoy your time in Rift and Telara.
    Last edited by Phelim on the Moor; 06-17-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Soulwalker

Thank you very much!

Still got one question, if the game is F2P, do i still need to buy vanilla before an expansion set?

Quote Originally Posted by Archanell View Post
    Thank you very much!

Still got one question, if the game is F2P, do i still need to buy vanilla before an expansion set?
    No you don't, but there is only one expansion: Storm Legion.

There were a few other "editions" they released (Infinity, Ashes of History), but those were just to get special mounts, items and services. Most of those, however, have been rolled in Rift's F2P "Loyalty" system.

If you buy Storm Legion, it has the basic game with it. If you're buying Storm Legion, you don't have to buy anything that came out before it. All previous content to Storm Legion is included as part of Storm Legion.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Soulwalker

Hey,
    So i got my storm legion copy, but i got a problem. I got an access to new souls but i havent received character slots and bag slots. How can i fix it ?

Soulwalker

The Info in Phelim post is wrong Soul Legion only gives the 4 Souls the rest comes with the Rift Box code.
    Last edited by Kotli; 06-18-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Rift Box code you mean normal Rift not an expansion?

Shadowlander

This is probably a dumb question and I did some searching but I probably missed it as it may have been right in front of me, but what if we didn't buy SL? I originally purchased the game the day it came out but quit playing. Once f2p hit I re-installed the game and I am up and running fine. So will I still have access to the SL content and level up to the new max-level or will I need to purchase that or something through the cash shop?

Thanks!

Soulwalker

You do have an access to Storm Legion content, but you dont have new souls available untill you buy it.

I bought Rift and Storm Legion, and heres the next problem... I got all benefits, but NOT on my main character.. To get unlocked bag slots i need to make a new character. It is not available for my main

Telaran

Yes that happened to me but I rerolled, you should contact the support if you don't want to loose your main char.

did you get the loyalty points?. I didn't

Soulwalker

Trion says: Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

So i think im forced to leave this... And yes, I received loyalty

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

There is a known bug where current characters on an account don't receive the unlocked bag slots or character slots or sl souls - after a game code is applied. There will be an upcoming hotfix to remedy these problems.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by Kotli View Post
    The Info in Phelim post is wrong Soul Legion only gives the 4 Souls the rest comes with the Rift Box code.
    Unless the Storm Legion box says "Expansion Only", all copies of Storm Legion include the base game of Rift, and all the benefits associated with it.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)

Soulwalker

Its not really true. When I bought only Storm Legion i received only new souls. I had to buy Rift to get other benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast