+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horses

Soulwalker

Default Horses

So I have seen a bunch of people on Horses, and many other fast moving beasts. I'm only level 13 and I was wondering where I might be able to get a Horse, or something similar. I'm tired of walking slowly.

There are mount sellers in the capital cities, as well as in major outposts in most zones. Which server are you on, and what is your toon's name?
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Shadowlander

if you're a Defiant, look left of the road leading to Kelari Refuge. If you're a Guardian, the first mount vendor you run into is right near the Survival and Fishing trainers in Argent Glade. Also, you can check Meridian (Defiant) or Sanctum (Guardian). For the basic mount, you're talking 2 plat, 50 gold for a 60% mount.

Alternatively, there are some pretty good (and faster) mounts on the Rift Store and the prices aren't all that bad. Spend $5 to get the points (it also unlocks some other perks as well), and check the mounts tab on the store to see what you can choose from.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

From level 1 to 24 you can only use the 60% mount. At level 25 you can buy the 90% mounts. The 110% unlocks at level 50, the 130% at level 51, and the 150% at level 60. As posted above, the generally available mounts are sold in the main cities (Sanctum, Meridian, Tempest Bay), with the reputation ones sold in their zones. The first horses are sold in Freemarch (King's Retreat) and Silverwood (Argent Glade).
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

You no longer have to visit a mount vendor to purchase a mount, just open the Rift Store (accessed via the "[" hotkey) and go to the mounts category, find your level appropriate mount (see Golden's post) and buy it. Your first mount costs 2platinum and 50silver.

Also: The first tier loyalty rewards a 110% mount (with the model of a Swift Armored Horse) claimable on all toons, current and future.
    Last edited by Riftplayer50; 06-17-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftplayer50 View Post
    Also: The first tier loyalty rewards a 110% mount (with the model of a Swift Armored Horse) claimable on all toons, current and future.
    I'm sure this is what the OP will have seen a lot of, especially coupled with other old promo mounts like the spider.

+ Reply to Thread