+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keybind Saving

Ryj

Default Keybind Saving

Is there a way that I can save my keybinds in one role, then change roles to a whole different set of keybinds for each and every role I have?

If it does exist:
    A. Is it in-game?
    B. Is it an addon? Is it available through Curse? (I only use Curse since I don't trust anything else)

As a healer, I'll likely need to have multiple roles (for obvious reasons) but I highly doubt that I can just fit buttons wherever based on my main spec, since it will hinder my performance.

All help is appreciated
    Dorgros@Greybriar

If you set Action Bar 3, slot 1 to key <F1>, it stays that way for all your different roles. If you hit the <F1> key, it will always fire off what is is in Action Bar 3, slot 1.

However, when you add a new role and switch to it, your Action Bars are all wiped clean, so you can put new role-specific abilities, macros, items, etc. in those same Action Bar slots. Note, it does not wipe clean the Action Bars each time. I just mean you get a new set up with each new role.

I hope this helps, as I wasn't entirely sure if that was your question.
    Last edited by Phelim on the Moor; 06-15-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Ryj

Not quite but thanks for the reply!

Keybinds (like 1, 2, E, R, Q, etc) saved to one role, but not another. When I switch roles, I do not want my keybinds to be saved to that second role.

Basically, take my action bar 2 slot 1 (for example). Let's say for role 1 (let's say Purifier, so we aren't confusing roles) I want it to be "Q", but for role 2 (Warden), I want it to be "E". Is there any way I can do this?

As a healer in any MMO, it is keybinding hell, which is mostly why I am asking this. No MMO has successfully managed to make healing not a cluster of bull wiped across the computer screen, full of addons and other junk.
    Dorgros@Greybriar

I apologize, but I'm just not "getting" what you're doing. It's past midnight here and maybe that's my problem. I wish you luck with this, and hopefully someone comes along who is better at reading comprehension than I am at the moment
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Prophet of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryj View Post
    Basically, take my action bar 2 slot 1 (for example). Let's say for role 1 (let's say Purifier, so we aren't confusing roles) I want it to be "Q", but for role 2 (Warden), I want it to be "E". Is there any way I can do this?
    You should be able to save a set for purifier and warden, and then just reload each time you switch roles. If you keep the commands on a notepad document, you would just have to tab out and out to copy and paste the import command.

The import and export file names can be anything, so make a set for purifier, and war. You prob already know this, but this is the new forum and your post count is low, so fwiw.

/exportkeybindings purifier
    /exportkeybindings warden

/importkeybindings purifier
    /importkeybindings warden

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    You should be able to save a set for purifier and warden, and then just reload each time you switch roles. If you keep the commands on a notepad document, you would just have to tab out and out to copy and paste the import command.

The import and export file names can be anything, so make a set for purifier, and war. You prob already know this, but this is the new forum and your post count is low, so fwiw.

/exportkeybindings purifier
    /exportkeybindings warden

/importkeybindings purifier
    On top of this, you can combine it with the /role command in a macro. For example...

/role 2

As a macro, which would both change your keybinds and change your role. You can also use /saveequip and /loadequip so that the macro will automatically put you into your healing gear.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane / <We Play Rift>

ArcheAge:
    Rahka@Calleil / Formly of the <Bureau of Agriculture>
    It was fun while it lasted...

+ Reply to Thread